ADVERTISEMENT

St Peter's back on the schedule and at Walsh

so 2 games at Walsh this year? Does this mean Season Ticket holders will get one less game as part of the package at The Rock?

Reactions: mountain25
I would be shocked if there was a second Walsh game, especially with the VCU game being part of an event. No way SHU is going to give up another opportunity for ticket revenue.

But how much do they save on rent is the question. Might be worth it, but that's something for the athletics staff to determine.

But how much do they save on rent is the question. Might be worth it, but that's something for the athletics staff to determine.
There aren't even enough seats for all of the season ticket holders to go to Walsh Gym. Even though we don't draw very well early in the season at Prudential, every season ticket sold is automatically counted there. The more home games at Prudential, the better for the program financially.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Just a guess, but I would bet that giving up a ticket in the season package, and playing at Walsh is not financially advantageous, even factoring in the rent at the Rock.

The walsh games are great though. I'm glad the school does it and I wouldn't mind seeing more there.

Reactions: Pirate6711
Providence this year will be playing their first game at Alumni Hall since 1972.

They have to because its part of the Y2K thing and they are locked into the date, with the Dunkin Donuts Center booked that weekend for the RI Comic Con.

Reactions: Piratz
The once-a-year Walsh Game is cool. I'd like to think there's an intrinsic value to it that goes beyond just the number crunching.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Providence this year will be playing their first game at Alumni Hall since 1972.

They have to because its part of the Y2K thing and they are locked into the date, with the Dunkin Donuts Center booked that weekend for the RI Comic Con.
I think Georgetown played Ark State at McDonough last year. I know they played an NIT game there a few years ago, but I don't remember GT having any regular season games at McDonough. Depaul also played like 4 or 5 on campus this past season, which was way up from prior years. It looks pretty rinky dink on TV, but it's cool for the fans.

Man, 17 years later and scheduling software is still having difficulties with going from two digits for the year to four...

What do you guys think? Does Lloyd really know all this esoteric stuff, of does he just make it up knowing we are all too lazy to check on him...lol

With regard to Seton 75's blasphemous charges:
d6374497a291651eaf077d1216b758b2e569d2077cecd76cc2ab233f55f193e5.jpg

;)

I don't think anyone would joke about an event like that. Especially one with a celebrity guest lineup that includes Steve Guttenberg, Judge Reinhold and Jonathan Ke Quan. Yes, this Jonathan Ke Quan...

msg-125415649962-3-243x360.jpg

Reactions: SHUSource
The final schools on the schedule are starting to leak out. Not sure why we haven't released the whole OOC schedule yet.

Maybe there's still an issue setting up a date with Monmouth.

So based on what we have heard so far..

Indiana (home) 11/15
NJIT (home) 11/18
Preseason NIT Early Round #1 (home) - Monmouth???
Preseason NIT Early Round #2 (home) - ???
URI at Barclays (Preseason NIT) 11/23
Vandy/UVA at Barclays (Preseason NIT) 11/24
at Louisville 12/3
Temple at MSG (UA Reunion)
VCU at Pru Center(Never Forget Games) 12/9
St Peters @ Walsh 12/12
at RU 12/16

Nice to see us playing the Peacocks again. Always good to pay them back for the way they crushed us during the Elnardo Webster/Harry Laurie years.

(Please excuse my lifelong grudge.)

Reactions: buzzershot
Rock solid schedule with a lot of quality opponents and the huge opportunity at Louisville. Unlike last year where we seemed to traverse all around the globe, that is the only time we leave NJ/NYC! Should keep our players fresh heading into the BE.

Only 3 terrible RPI games, 1 being Rutgers but at least that's on the road. By the way, how did Rutgers manage to play all 11 OOC games at home in the RAC? You would think they would want to play at least a couple of neutral or road games.

Not that either team threatens Seton Hall. But just out of curiosity which team will be weaker next year. NJIT or St. Peters? I know St. Peters won the CIT but also lost a few key players. NJIT lost their stud Damion Lynn, too bad he had a season ending injury. I believe he was on target for JJ Reddicks three point record.

Rutgers won't be a "terrible" RPI game. They finished 177 last year. It's not like we're playing a 250+ team.

Reactions: Pirate6711
the profit opportunity at the Rock has to be bigger than at Walsh. Not worth it.

The ticket revenue from season tickets should cover the base rent for a game at Prudential. Any percentage rent on ticket sales above that would be the from the additional profit opportunity you mentioned.

It is still a mystery how people thought opening the upper level for VU would cost the school money for a game. The indoor lacrosse game did cost prudential $$$ because of staff they had on and the base rent must have been low or no guarantee. I remember being told the team said there would be around 3,000 people there and there was abou 300. Prudential would not let them back after that.

The only thing I could think of for another game at Walsh is saving the financial payment/guarantee to the opponent? FDU got a nice chunk of change from us and RU for those 2 road games and won them both one year. LOL!

The OCC is much better but so much of it requires traveling to NYC.

I'm not sure how good they will be next season but Princeton could be a good local game. The Tigers were undefeated in the Ivy last season, and they lost to Notre Dame in the NCAA by only two points.

I'm not sure how good they will be next season but Princeton could be a good local game. The Tigers were undefeated in the Ivy last season, and they lost to Notre Dame in the NCAA by only two points.
Princeton losses some talent, but also retains some key players and brings in a good recruit. They will remain an Ivy league contender.

I think Georgetown played Ark State at McDonough last year. I know they played an NIT game there a few years ago, but I don't remember GT having any regular season games at McDonough. Depaul also played like 4 or 5 on campus this past season, which was way up from prior years. It looks pretty rinky dink on TV, but it's cool for the fans.

Georgetown also played ODU as part of a home and home that because of a Verizon center conflict the game was moved to McDonough. This was about 7-8 years ago when ODU was still in the CAA. I remember seeing 2600 as the capacity there.

Easier than traveling to Hawaii and Orlando.

Reactions: TomD82
Exactly. I'm not sure of the scheduling issues but this could be a yearly home and home. It's a good game and easy travel for both teams and their fans.
If UA's paying, I think the MSG game is great for SHU if it turns into an annual thing. The "neutral" game at the Rock is much better than Hawaii for many reasons. Hopefully we can get into regular games with Temple and VCU after the games this year. They would be a huge upgrade over the likes of Central Connecticut, Longwood, and so many other awful games.

BE Schedule ?

Will the BE 5 game marathon return to New Years Eve with the College Football Playoff now on New Years Day or will it stay on MLK?

Just a guess, but I would bet that giving up a ticket in the season package, and playing at Walsh is not financially advantageous, even factoring in the rent at the Rock.

The walsh games are great though. I'm glad the school does it and I wouldn't mind seeing more there.

Do we have to guarantee Pru Center a certain number of games a year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT