ADVERTISEMENT

St Peter's back on the schedule and at Walsh

I don't understand the nostalgic push for more games at Walsh. Just watched the 1/84 St. Johns game on ESPN Classic (very trippy). That's enough nostalgia for me. 1 game per year against a zero-crowd draw opponent should satisfy anyone. This is not the home court of a big time program, there is a stage at one end for *&%$'s sake! I assume the current conference charter has similar restrictions regarding facility size as the previous requirements. One of the founding ideals of the Big East was to get basketball out of the bandbox gyms & into the big arenas.

Reactions: Pirate6711
I don't understand the nostalgic push for more games at Walsh. Just watched the 1/84 St. Johns game on ESPN Classic (very trippy). That's enough nostalgia for me. 1 game per year against a zero-crowd draw opponent should satisfy anyone. This is not the home court of a big time program, there is a stage at one end for *&%$'s sake! I assume the current conference charter has similar restrictions regarding facility size as the previous requirements. One of the founding ideals of the Big East was to get basketball out of the bandbox gyms & into the big arenas.

I agree, I am not really a fan of the games at Walsh. Other than the free parking, every other aspect is really worse from the fan perspective.

Even the proximity to the action?
I disagree with proximity to the action. Sure if you sitting downstairs, but the bottom bleachers are filled with the students, sure they are closer to the action.
But general attendance seats I get to purchase are in the upper deck, guess they may be closer than my seats at the Rock, but really doesn't feel like it.

I don't know where you sit at the Rock, but no matter where it is, the games at Walsh have an intimacy that can't be matched there. I'm not saying it's undoubtedly better, but it's a nice change of pace and still a fun novelty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT