ADVERTISEMENT

Still waiting

I am beginning to question the practice facility …. Yes eventually there will be something but come on now. We can’t even get a sketch of something never mind a shovel in the ground date!!
The only recruits the facility will impact is the 2027 and beyond so better get a lucrative NIL strategy quick
I don’t question the need for SH having a new practice facility but what I do question is the administration’s strategy in bringing it to completion. The lack of transparency with even such simple tasks as showing renderings of what it will look like to setting a definitive date when construction will begin have many asking why that is . It’s not a good look and it has to be impacting our recruiting.

Last edited:
April 2019 -- 2 years 5 months ago at the press conference

They’ll collaborate on the biggest projects, of course, and none is bigger than the new practice facility for men’s basketball. Right now the team practices in a bare-bones basement gym that used to house a pool (the women’s hoops team uses Walsh Gym). With Providence opening the 56,000-squad-foot, $30 million Ruane Friar Development Center last year and Rutgers unveiling the 295,000-square-foot, $115 million RWJBarnabas Health Athletic Center next month, the onus is on Seton Hall to upgrade the nerve center of its featured sport. You look around the (Big East) conference now and that’s a big piece of the puzzle. We have to invest in men’s basketball properly.” “We have design concepts in front of us,” Felt said. “We’ve got to determine what we want. We’ve narrowed some of it down.”

The concern is if we can’t beat the big boys out for HS players because of NIL, what makes anyone think we’re going to beat those same big boys out for transfers with the NIL money they can offer to the transfers.
We got a couple for this year, didn't we? Kids mature, get recruited over, and their priorities change.

I'm also not talking about the elite players commanding big NIL money. I'm suggesting that a 3* sophomore with a year of college ball under if belt will be more attainable and often be able to contribute more than a 4* freshman.

April 2019 -- 2 years 5 months ago at the press conference

They’ll collaborate on the biggest projects, of course, and none is bigger than the new practice facility for men’s basketball. Right now the team practices in a bare-bones basement gym that used to house a pool (the women’s hoops team uses Walsh Gym). With Providence opening the 56,000-squad-foot, $30 million Ruane Friar Development Center last year and Rutgers unveiling the 295,000-square-foot, $115 million RWJBarnabas Health Athletic Center next month, the onus is on Seton Hall to upgrade the nerve center of its featured sport. You look around the (Big East) conference now and that’s a big piece of the puzzle. We have to invest in men’s basketball properly.” “We have design concepts in front of us,” Felt said. “We’ve got to determine what we want. We’ve narrowed some of it down.”
I doubt he knew a global pandemic was coming at the time of the press conference.

The University Center was the number one project as it influenced the entire student population. It was always going to be the first major project to be finished and it will be in 2 months.

The info re the Practice Facility will be coming out in about 2 months as well. It will take 2 years to complete with shovels in the ground expected to be next spring.

After that the dorms will be the final major construction project to be completed.

Just got done balling in SOuF delco. Picked up a fresh 4 pack of Sloop. What I miss??? Sha still getting questioned? Shocker
It's exhausting how fair weathered some fans can be. Holloway is the best thing to happen to the Hall in 30 years and fans won't let him get his sea legs without substantial criticism.

100% BEHIND SHA!!!

GO PIRATES!!!

It's exhausting how fair weathered some fans can be. Holloway is the best thing to happen to the Hall in 30 years and fans won't let him get his sea legs without substantial criticism.

100% BEHIND SHA!!!

GO PIRATES!!!
Darn straight. Don’t you worry. Cats out on this board think they know more than Sha. You know what. I highly doubt it. Soft

100% BEHIND SHA!!!

GO PIRATES!!!
The landscape is changing in college basketball, let the 4 and 5 star freshman recruits grow up on somebody’s else team then when they become seasoned players join SHU. When they are ready to man up Sha will be waiting. With an open door policy, the strategy may very well be to leave spots open. Let kids try to prove themselves and get hungry somewhere else. After failing somewhere else they will listen more closely. I believe no one is going to be bigger than the system the coach puts in place.

Reactions: walshtrips
Over rated players. To play for Hurley?? Lol

I guess we’ll have to see.

For what it’s worth comparing Holloways recruiting before he’s actually coached a season at Seton Hall to Dan Hurley who is in his fifth year at Connecticut is silly. It’s not an apples to apples comparison. Don’t get me wrong, Hurley is an excellent recruiter and the job he is doing at Connecticut right now is amazing. But Shaheen Holloway is the right guy in the right place at Seton Hall. He’s a young hot coach that has an instant connection to some great years at Seton Hall and he’s recruiting locally in the strong New York metro/New Jersey basketball region. Short of convincing Jay Wright to do a couple of seasons at the Hall, it’s hard to imagine how you could’ve done better.

I truly believe Holloway is going to be a force on the recruiting trail. I also believe that we are going to be going head to head for the foreseeable future for recruits, with some going our way and some going your way. Give the guy a chance to get his feet wet, establish a style of play before you start calling him out on his recruiting.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Haas01562
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT