ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You

Hoya1987

All American
Jul 12, 2007
I want to thank Seton Hall for the Very Classy Move of letting Tyler Adams Score to start today's game. Very classy move and I respect the hell out of Seton Hall for doing it.

Shows there's more to this sport than wins and losses.

You have always posted with class on this message board. It was great to see him dunk and then to see the expression on his proud dad's face. Bringing joy to his life at that moment is more important than the game of basketball, it is the game of life.

A tear ran down his cheek, which I'm sure choked up many fans who tuned in. Nice moment in sports.

And very unclassy by your coach not being willing to reciprocate. Luckily, Willard is weak and still went along with it even though JT3 couldn't give a sh**

Kind of sad that you describe his decison as "weak" and not classy or some other adjective.

Classy is being willing to give the kid the opening tip and the first score on senior day on his home court. Weak is being willing to do it even when JT3 refused to reciprocate. If JT3 doesn't care about his kid, why should we? Weak Willard, weak. If we lose by 2, his head is served on a platter.

His head has been on a platter for months now. Not sure if that helps or hurts my argument but I still wouldn't describe the gesture as "weak".

The game didn't matter to us. We were playing Mq or CU. But you don't do the right thing to get rewarded or paid back. The pay back is the act itself. Hard to understand these criticisms.

Now some of you want to criticize Willard for this? It's official, our fans suck!

Gtown was playing for seeding. Seton Hall was playing for nothing. Willard shouldn't have offered the tribute if pay back was expected. We get no respect in the league because we're a bottom feeder and it has gone on too long.

I'm sure all the plugs for Willard by Fox was more than just promotional. I wasn't sure Dan was right when he told us all Wilard would definitely be back next year, but now I have no doubt, he's right. Too much invested in this coach to just cut him loose. So let's be the good soldiers that fans of Seton Hall are suppose to be and soldier on. We have enough shills on our own board that will encourage this and many new posters that seem to positively support the coach.

Originally posted by Muggsy Blue:

Gtown was playing for seeding. Seton Hall was playing for nothing. Willard shouldn't have offered the tribute if pay back was expected. We get no respect in the league because we're a bottom feeder and it has gone on too long.
Bingo.

It seemed clear from being at the game that we weren't expecting Seton Hall to let Adams score. It seems from the articles that Willard offered and JT3 said it wasn't necessary and not to. Seton Hall did it anyway and it was a very classy move. Our plan was always to foul immediately to get Adams out of the game.

I agree it would've been nice if we let you score right back, but I think we just weren't expecting it.

I also am Sorry that Jabril was so caught up in emotion that he dunked instead of running out the clock.

We didn't show the best sportsmanship yesterday, but I think we should focus on the positive actions of Seton Hall.

Kevin Willard's gesture should only be seen as a positive and shame on anyone trying to denigrate this move.

Tyler Adams has meant so much to this team he has been an amazing cheerleader and coach on the sidelines and stuck with Georgetown because he valued his education. He could've transferred to a smaller school that would've been willing to put his health on the line and allow him to play, but he realized some things are more important that basketball.

I would not be surprised if he stayed on as a graduate assistant coach.

Again Thank you to Seton Hall. Best of luck in the BET (Let's get 7 bids!) and good luck going forward.

No, strong is being willing to do something even though JT3 refused to reciprocate.

I have been bashing Willard sine he got here. I never wanted him and nothing will make me happier than when he leaves SHU, but his move was totally classy on his part. For this, I tip my hat to Willard.

I know I am fantasying, but based upon how aggressive our comeback was what if we were able to hit FT's and actually have beaten them with the 2 pt deficit? What would you think then?

Originally posted by Hoya1987:

I agree it would've been nice if we let you score right back, but I think we just weren't expecting it.
Wouldn't the timeout have given JT3 enough time to adjust to not expecting it if he wanted to?

Originally posted by phi_pirates:

Originally posted by Hoya1987:

Wouldn't the timeout have given JT3 enough time to adjust to not expecting it if he wanted to?
There was no time out. We intentionally fouled to get Adams out of the game. We didn't call a time out there.

Gotcha. My mistake. But wouldn't the opportunity for JT3 to communicate something that simple to his team still have been there after a foul. Not trying to start an argument just asking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT