ADVERTISEMENT

THE ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER FOR EACH MLB TEAM

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Major League Baseball has been a mainstay in the American sports world since it was established back in 1869. Since then baseball has become America’s pastime, a sport that symbolizes the changing of seasons, and one that brings friends and families together. Over the nearly 150 years that the MLB has been around we have seen some of the most talented athletes in the world take the field. Today we are plumbing the depths of history in order to field the ALL TIME GREATEST roster that baseball has ever seen. We picked the greatest player in franchise history for each active MLB team. Enjoy!

http://www.dailysportx.com/trending...mpaign=all-time-greatest-mlb&utm_term=NY+Post

Major League Baseball has been a mainstay in the American sports world since it was established back in 1869. Since then baseball has become America’s pastime, a sport that symbolizes the changing of seasons, and one that brings friends and families together. Over the nearly 150 years that the MLB has been around we have seen some of the most talented athletes in the world take the field. Today we are plumbing the depths of history in order to field the ALL TIME GREATEST roster that baseball has ever seen. We picked the greatest player in franchise history for each active MLB team. Enjoy!

http://www.dailysportx.com/trending...mpaign=all-time-greatest-mlb&utm_term=NY+Post

Craig Biggio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron Judge, lol

33522-138Fr.jpg

No? I'll see myself out, thanks.

I know I posted the link but I didn't read it.

My All Time Yankee Team

C Yogi Berra
1B Lou Gehrig
2B Robinson Cano
SS Derek Jeter
3B Alex Rodriquez
LF Mickey Mantle
CF Joe DiMaggio
RF Babe Ruth
LHP Whitely Ford
RHP Roger Clemens
R Mariano Rivera

Manager Me. What you don't think I could have one at least 12 World Series rings with that team. :cool::cool::cool:

I know I posted the link but I didn't read it.

My All Time Yankee Team

C Yogi Berra
1B Lou Gehrig
2B Robinson Cano
SS Derek Jeter
3B Alex Rodriquez
LF Mickey Mantle
CF Joe DiMaggio
RF Babe Ruth
LHP Whitely Ford
RHP Roger Clemens
R Mariano Rivera

Manager Me. What you don't think I could have one at least 12 World Series rings with that team. :cool::cool::cool:

You need a bigger pitching staff.

Starters:
Ron Guidry
Mel Stottlemeyer
Andy Pettitte
Red Ruffing
Lefty Gomez
Vic Raschi

Bullpen:
Dave Righetti
Goose Gossage
Sparky Lyle

I would just make one change. I would put Mike Mussina as my RHP ahead of Clemens .
Mussina - 123 - 72 ; .631 winning % 3.88 ERA
Clemens - 83 - 42 ; .664 winning % 4.01 ERA

Reactions: Irishwakeup
I would just make one change. I would put Mike Mussina as my RHP ahead of Clemens .
Mussina - 123 - 72 ; .631 winning % 3.88 ERA
Clemens - 83 - 42 ; .664 winning % 4.01 ERA

But you have to look at his overall career record of 354-184

33522-138Fr.jpg

No? I'll see myself out, thanks.

Now the hitting coach of the Marlins with Matttingly after Bonds was fired. Mattingly was going to walk if they didn't fire Bonds. Evidently Bonds liked leisurely work hours, lol.

Speaking of Pags, heard an interview with him this weekend and he went from SH to LH hitter because Joe Pepitone advised him hitting HR's at Yankee Stadium would be his quickest route to the big leagues one Spring Training. Sage advice.

Starters:
Ron Guidry
Mel Stottlemeyer
Andy Pettitte
Red Ruffing
Lefty Gomez
Vic Raschi

Bullpen:
Dave Righetti
Goose Gossage
Sparky Lyle
Well if you want to go beyond the first team how about having these guys come off the bench

C Bill Dickey HOF
1B Don Mattingly
2B Tony Lazzeri HOF
SS Phil Rizutto HOF
3B Wade Boggs HOF
LF Dave Winfeld HOF
CF Bernie Williams
RF Reggie Jackson HOF

Well if you want to go beyond the first team how about having these guys come off the bench

C Bill Dickey HOF
1B Don Mattingly
2B Tony Lazzeri HOF
SS Phil Rizutto HOF
3B Wade Boggs HOF
LF Dave Winfeld HOF
CF Bernie Williams
RF Reggie Jackson HOF

Don't forget Elston Howard

Reactions: Halldan1
Still pains me that Cano will finish his career in Seattle with the Mariners. What a hitter.

Waite Hoyt should be the right handed pitcher. He was the first of the Yankee great pitchers. He was elected to the Hall of Fame and was on six pennant winning teams

Starters:
Ron Guidry
Mel Stottlemeyer
Andy Pettitte
Red Ruffing
Lefty Gomez
Vic Raschi

Bullpen:
Dave Righetti
Goose Gossage
Sparky Lyle

I think you left someone out of the bullpen who should be there. LOL

As a Red Sox fan (who was not alive to see ted williams play) I am not sure how you don't choose Big Papi here. I get that Williams was an all time great player, and also played the field which ortiz did not.

BUT with everything Ortiz has done for the Red Sox AND the city of Boston, he is unequivocally the greatest player in their franchises history

The only other possibility is John Wettland but I think he only played 2 years with the Yanks.

As a Red Sox fan (who was not alive to see ted williams play) I am not sure how you don't choose Big Papi here. I get that Williams was an all time great player, and also played the field which ortiz did not.

BUT with everything Ortiz has done for the Red Sox AND the city of Boston, he is unequivocally the greatest player in their franchises history

This is insane.

Ever hear of Ted Williams and his work for the Jimmy Fund? That's doing quite a lot for Boston.

Then there's the matter of his giving up years of his playing career to be a fighter pilot in the war.

Yeesh.

This is insane.

Ever hear of Ted Williams and his work for the Jimmy Fund? That's doing quite a lot for Boston.

Then there's the matter of his giving up years of his playing career to be a fighter pilot in the war.

Yeesh.

Ortiz did, and still does, work for the Jimmy fund as well.

I don't want to take away from the kind of man it takes to drop a career like the one he had to serve his country, but that is more for the entire country as a whole and doesn't have as much to do with being the greatest red sox player of all time.

I don't want to take away from the kind of man it takes to drop a career like the one he had to serve his country, but that is more for the entire country as a whole and doesn't have as much to do with being the greatest red sox player of all time.

With all due respect, your opinion on this is nuts. As great as Big Papi was, he in NO WAY eclipses Ted Williams.

Agree with Dan's All Time Yankee team save for two changes:

2B. Lazzeri
RHP. Ruffing
(Clemens not with Yanks long enough)

No. When you go to Fenway Park there is no seat a different color to mark where Ortiz hit a ball. Ortiz wasn't close to batting .400 ever. Ortiz had one job to hit and Williams did that better than Ortiz since he is considered the greatest hitter to ever live. Ortiz is a Red Sox hero. Teddy Ballgame is a legend up there.

Reactions: BabyBlue

First a guy disses Mantle and now this. Please there are not many players who were better than Ted Williams in all of baseball history. He is clearly the best Red Sox of all time

Anyone consider putting DiMaggio over Ruth as the greatest Yankee? DiMaggio was a far more complete ball player. He also batted right handed in Yankee Stadium which lowered his home run production while the short right field fence certainly helped Ruth's home run numbers.

Anyone consider putting DiMaggio over Ruth as the greatest Yankee? DiMaggio was a far more complete ball player. He also batted right handed in Yankee Stadium which lowered his home run production while the short right field fence certainly helped Ruth's home run numbers.
Good point...that's a toss-up in my book..you can make a good argument for either. The list by team was very good...splitting hairs buy I would take Harmon Killebrew over Puckett in Minnesota.

Since I am a Reds fan, here is my Reds team:

1B- Joey Votto
2B- Joe Morgan
SS- Barry Larkin
3B- Pete Rose
LF- Vada Pinson
CF- Ken Griffey
RF- Frank Robinson
C- Johnny Bench
SP- Eppa Ridley
SP- Bucky Waters
SP- Noodles Hahn
SP- Jose Rijo
SP- Don Gullett
RP- Rob Dibble
RP- Aroldis Chapman
RP- Pedro Borbon
RP- Clay Carroll
RP- Danny Graves
RP- John Franco
RP- Jeff Brantley

Bench:
C- Ernie Lombardi
OF- Eric Davis
OF- George Foster
INF- Dave Concepcion
INF- Tony Perez

Manager- Sparky Anderson

IMO not even close. Ruth was the best player to ever play the game.

A great pitcher as well as a great hitter.

One of the only ways you can properly compare players of different eras is to match them against their contemporaries. Ruth was doing for the Yankees what other teams in total weren't doing. Not sure if this is accurate but he might of have as many home runs as the rest of the American League one time or maybe more. If that isn't accurate as I am going by memory I think it was close.

IMO not even close. Ruth was the best player to ever play the game.

A great pitcher as well as a great hitter.

One of the only ways you can properly compare players of different eras is to match them against their contemporaries. Ruth was doing for the Yankees what other teams in total weren't doing. Not sure if this is accurate but he might of have as many home runs as the rest of the American League one time or maybe more. If that isn't accurate as I am going by memory I think it was close.
You are correct. It happened twice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT