ADVERTISEMENT

The epitome of unfair competition

This “guy “ is not a guy. She is a trans woman. I respect all the discussion about Halldan’s original question, and I am open minded about the fairness of the competition. It’s complicated. One thing is not complicated, however. She is not a “guy”.
How many women do you know that have a penis?

Reactions: SHUMatt
How many women do you know that have a penis?
Some trans women have their original bodies intact. Many go through hormone therapy and/or surgery. My point is that gender identity is not black or white even if you want it to be. She is not a guy just because you want her to be. I give Dan a lot of credit for starting this discussion on the regular board because the original points were about sports competition and fairness. I agree with many of the points on both sides of that issue. It is sad that it went down the road of trans bashing, and had to be moved to LOTS. People are who they are, and we should accept them.

Reactions: chickenbox
Some trans women have their original bodies intact. Many go through hormone therapy and/or surgery. My point is that gender identity is not black or white even if you want it to be. She is not a guy just because you want her to be. I give Dan a lot of credit for starting this discussion on the regular board because the original points were about sports competition and fairness. I agree with many of the points on both sides of that issue. It is sad that it went down the road of trans bashing, and had to be moved to LOTS. People are who they are, and we should accept them.
I’m not bashing anyone just pointing out the Lia is a guy. It’s based on biology, not feelings. He couldn’t win against the guys so he literally switched teams. Now women are being deprived and denied what they have worked for and rightfully earned. That’s not right. How is that fair? Men should not be able to compete to be the best women, maybe leave that to actual women.

Think about it, do you want your daughter to lose out on athletic scholarship opportunities to men who can’t make it on the men’s team?

Reactions: Pirata and SPK145
everyone accepts lia as a person. they dont accept her completely disrespecting all female swimmers. stomping on women athlete rights. therefore nobody has respect for this person.

Reactions: Pirata
I’m not bashing anyone just pointing out the Lia is a guy. It’s based on biology, not feelings. He couldn’t win against the guys so he literally switched teams. Now women are being deprived and denied what they have worked for and rightfully earned. That’s not right. How is that fair? Men should not be able to compete to be the best women, maybe leave that to actual women.

Think about it, do you want your daughter to lose out on athletic scholarship opportunities to men who can’t make it on the men’s team?
Well done.

He is also not a woman because you want him to be. See how that works?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Set up a transgender competition group and let the new sex category compete on an equal basis.I believe transgender population is less than 1% so why should their viewpoint be accepted and impact the rest of the traditional sexual orientation population.I think most people know what a woman is even though they are not biologists.

He is also not a woman because you want him to be. See how that works?
Yes. I absolutely see how that works. We disagree and I respect that I agree with almost all the points made about sports, competition, and fairness. This swimming situation is a royal mess and we as a society need to figure out if and how trans athletes compete. My only counter to your comment is that I am not identifying her as a woman for my sake. I have no interest or stake in this. I firmly believe in her right to identify as a woman if that’s how biology is steering her. I don’t pretend to understand it, but I believe her.

Reactions: Merge
Yes. I absolutely see how that works. We disagree and I respect that I agree with almost all the points made about sports, competition, and fairness. This swimming situation is a royal mess and we as a society need to figure out if and how trans athletes compete. My only counter to your comment is that I am not identifying her as a woman for my sake. I have no interest or stake in this. I firmly believe in her right to identify as a woman if that’s how biology is steering her. I don’t pretend to understand it, but I believe her.
Biology would steer him to being male because that’s just how biology works.

In the words of Frasier Crane and Grandpa Willie…“A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don’t make ‘em biscuits!”

Reactions: SPK145

Well said.

Seems like a simple solution here from my view. Sports should either be open to all to compete, or based on biology instead of identity.

I'll call a person by the gender they identify with. No issue there from me at all. I view it as a mental illness and that is an incredibly small accommodation which has no impact on me. Though if those people expect to be accepted as a woman (or man) I think it's reasonable that we should expect them to understand that competitive sports based on your sex just really aren't for them anymore.

Wearing certain clothes or hair styles does not make you a male or female. Individual feelings do not make you male or female. Being born with a penis and testicles makes you a male. Being born with a vagina makes you a female.

Now if you choose or feel a certain way you have the freedom to do as you please. Dress how you want, have relations with who you want. Just stay out of the sports and bathrooms that you feel entitled to be in.

Well said.

Seems like a simple solution here from my view. Sports should either be open to all to compete, or based on biology instead of identity.

I'll call a person by the gender they identify with. No issue there from me at all. I view it as a mental illness and that is an incredibly small accommodation which has no impact on me. Though if those people expect to be accepted as a woman (or man) I think it's reasonable that we should expect them to understand that competitive sports based on your sex just really aren't for them anymore.
It was based on biology until the bleeding hearts decided it should be based on feelings, feelings that apparently don’t take into consideration the majority whose feelings they don’t care about and who are getting screwed. Gender dysphoria is a mental illness but instead of treating it as such we’re all supposed to accept it as normal because we can’t hurt anyone’s feelings and as long as they feel ok it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. Sad and incredibly unfair.

Reactions: SPK145 and SHUMatt
N ow if you choose or feel a certain way you have the freedom to do as you please. Dress how you want, have relations with who you want. Just stay out of the sports and bathrooms that you feel entitled to be in.

Also, what you do and fell is your business but everyone doesn't have to play along with your charade.

You guys need to start calling me King SPK because that is how I identify. Don't judge me, just play along with the charade.

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness but instead of treating it as such we’re all supposed to accept it as normal

Well, it is just as "normal" as other rare forms of mental illness. Illnesses that we have come to acknowledge, accept and accommodate for even though we don't necessarily understand them.

I'm just saying maybe we can approach it similarly?

Yikes!! Tough crowd here. I’m going back to the Shaheen discussions where the waters are less treacherous. No swimming pun intended. I will not pretend that I can change any minds, but I will say one last thing before the door hits me in the butt on the way out. I don’t believe for a minute that transgender individuals are conducting a charade or that they are mentally ill.

Yikes!! Tough crowd here. I’m going back to the Shaheen discussions where the waters are less treacherous. No swimming pun intended. I will not pretend that I can change any minds, but I will say one last thing before the door hits me in the butt on the way out. I don’t believe for a minute that transgender individuals are conducting a charade or that they are mentally ill.

So how do you explain it? It's clearly not normal and something that has only come to light in recent years.

Well, it is just as "normal" as other rare forms of mental illness. Illnesses that we have come to acknowledge, accept and accommodate for even though we don't necessarily understand them.

I'm just saying maybe we can approach it similarly?
Accommodate, within reason. Bend over backwards to their every whim and demand, hell no!

At some point people have to learn the meaning of the word ‘no’. Like I said earlier, gender dysphoria is a disease that needs to be treated. Maybe the easy route for some of you is to just give into all of a mentally ill person’s demands but it does them no good and is unfair to those who are negatively affected by those demands.

Alcoholism is a disease. Do you give an alcoholic a case of beer, a fifth of scotch and a set of car keys because they want it? Same thing here!

I always thought alcoholism was a disease until I recently heard a doctor ask if it is a disease how can people just stop drinking.He asked why we continue to call it a disease when people can stop the disease unlike cancer and heart problems that you cannot just stop on your own.I guess alcoholism is like drug addiction another disease you can stop letting it control you on your own.Maybe splitting hairs on definition of disease.

Everything today is a "disease," or a disorder, or an illness. That's how they keep people in the system to sell more treatments and pills. There's a pill for everything!

Many issues people have can be controlled or stopped with discipline and sheer will power.

Accommodate, within reason. Bend over backwards to their every whim and demand, hell no!

Right, and that is what society in general is currently navigating.

Alcoholism is a disease. Do you give an alcoholic a case of beer, a fifth of scotch and a set of car keys because they want it? Same thing here!

But assume it's your family member who just got out of rehab and you are all getting together for dinner. Are you serving alcohol? Or are you going to make a small accommodation and skip the alcohol while you navigate how to treat your family member going forward?

I always thought alcoholism was a disease until I recently heard a doctor ask if it is a disease how can people just stop drinking.He asked why we continue to call it a disease when people can stop the disease unlike cancer and heart problems that you cannot just stop on your own.I guess alcoholism is like drug addiction another disease you can stop letting it control you on your own.Maybe splitting hairs on definition of disease.
Ok, let’s try this, do you give a diabetic the largest Whitman’s sampler you can find?

The charade part is competing in sports/avenues of life that they shouldn't be in and demanding they be treated as someone they are not.

Everything today is a "disease," or a disorder, or an illness. That's how they keep people in the system to sell more treatments and pills. There's a pill for everything!

Many issues people have can be controlled or stopped with discipline and sheer will power.

Complex issues overall. I'll leave that determination to the professionals.

Complex issues overall. I'll leave that determination to the professionals.
I don't understand why we let the experts opine before let them compete. Who were the experts that made that decision.

In Florida they award the women separately. If the trans athlete were to win there would be 2 winners. Makes total sense. No women athlete gets cheated. Past a law already.

Reactions: Pirata
There are predetermined number of lanes in a pool. Some of those lanes are now used by trans women so biological women are in fact getting cheated.
Still a better solution than doing nothing at all. They will need to create a separate category at some point but for now this is not a terrible solution.

Also, what you do and fell is your business but everyone doesn't have to play along with your charade.

You guys need to start calling me King SPK because that is how I identify. Don't judge me, just play along with the charade.
It’s not Salt Pepper Ketchup?

Reactions: Hallsome and SPK145
This “guy “ is not a guy. She is a trans woman. I respect all the discussion about Halldan’s original question, and I am open minded about the fairness of the competition. It’s complicated. One thing is not complicated, however. She is not a “guy”.

Yes he is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT