ADVERTISEMENT

The epitome of unfair competition

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
SWIMMING_-1.jpg

The whole topic baffles me as to why doping Is banned in swimming ( as it creates a unfair competitive benefit) but it doesn't have the guts to ban genetic males ( who have a significant greater competitive edge than doping). If he wants to wear a leather skirt and sit when he pees, that is fine, but I would pull my daughters from swimming before making them compete with men.

Last edited:
I have said this all along. I am all for trans people. Whatever makes you happy and feel good. However, sports is about fair competition. I understand that you people want to treat a trans person just like a woman. I am fine with that. However, in the sporting context this is nothing but making a mockery of the competition. This is not fair nor is it a competition. Time for common sense to prevail in this context.

In sports, you can always compete in a weightclass above you, but it would be unfair to compete in a lighter weight class if you are heavier. If she wants to compete against men, terrific. Go at it. However, you can't compete in a lighter weight class and compete against women.

Now the question becomes what if he wants to compete for the Olympic qualifiers? If she wins what does the IOC do?

I have said this all along. I am all for trans people. Whatever makes you happy and feel good. However, sports is about fair competition. I understand that you people want to treat a trans person just like a woman. I am fine with that. However, in the sporting context this is nothing but making a mockery of the competition. This is not fair nor is it a competition. Time for common sense to prevail in this context.

In sports, you can always compete in a weightclass above you, but it would be unfair to compete in a lighter weight class if you are heavier. If she wants to compete against men, terrific. Go at it. However, you can't compete in a lighter weight class and compete against women.
im a kid at heart. i feel like playing pop warner again. where do i sign up?

it’s just wrong. I don’t care what the “woke” section of society says. You don’t want to be whatever you were born as biologically; ok. But don’t try to cross compete in sports like that. If the NCAA wants to accommodate all of this, then just set up a Gender X category for these student athletes to compete iN.

This pic was of Olympic teammates. Brooke Forder (Pat Forde's daughter) was one of them. He explained it on the Tony Kornheiser podcast as old teammates taking a pic, nothing more.
why is the winner not on the olympic team?

doesnt matter. zillion of cases, pretty much every female swimmer hates this person for making their sport unfair. and theyre right. her own teammates share the sentiment.

Does the woman from Kentucky look happy in this photo?
NOPE! And she has every right to be pissed off! I don’t know why these women don’t fight back! Let them start the race and let him swim by himself as the ladies step off the blocks. If they all stick together they can fight this. If they sit back and let it continue they will just continue to lose more and more opportunities.

NOPE! And she has every right to be pissed off! I don’t know why these women don’t fight back! Let them start the race and let him swim by himself as the ladies step off the blocks. If they all stick together they can fight this. If they sit back and let it continue they will just continue to lose more and more opportunities.
prisoners dilemma. 2nd place up for grabs

why is the winner not on the olympic team?

doesnt matter. zillion of cases, pretty much every female swimmer hates this person for making their sport unfair. and theyre right. her own teammates share the sentiment.
Well, because this was from the 2020 Olympics. You know, before Lia was competing against women.

At least know what you're talking about.

I feel bad for the girl that came in 4th. She should have been on the podium along with the true 1st and 2nd place finishers.

I don't care who Lea sleeps with, what clothes/makeup Lea wears or what pronoun Lea wants to use. I do care when Lea is taking away opportunities for biological girls.

Well, because this was from the 2020 Olympics. You know, before Lia was competing against women.

At least know what you're talking about.
and lia wasnt eligable to compete against them. what changed, he had a few soybean shakes?

Engagement low on the board during the off season or something? Why make this topic? You know it's going to get ugly.
I don't think it's ugly at all. Posters are making legitimate points and voicing their opinions.

The season is over so there are no more games to talk about regarding SHU men's BB. There is some interest in the women and there are posts about that here.

And there are multiple posts about Sha and St Peter's, so that topic is covered. In fact some my say beaten to death.

Bottom line, as I do every year at this time is expand the board to talk about what's current in the world of sports. And I did as the above picture was taken from an article that appeared in the NY Post's sports section this morning.

Reactions: mountain25
Yeah, that wasn't what we were talking about. But keep changing focus as your ignorance is revealed.

I actually don't disagree that Lia has a huge biological advantage in athletics. I'm just not going to be a douche bag as I point it out.
im not ignorant to the feelings of 95% of female athletes. Lia is. so i have no sympathy

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

The subject allowing this has no common sense.

Of course. But this is a sports message board, so why not discuss it here? Doing so is not going take away from other world events.

And if you feel the need to weigh in on those matters....

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Hey, facebook hit me with a 7 day jail sentence for my comment on this %&*()# & how it sets women's sports back 50 years-- so I will not repeat how he worked his #$%@s off to make the Penn women's swim team

Thought i read something about lia and a female transitioning to male competing against one another. Why does lia get to race against girls but not the other way around. This worlds heading in the wrong direction

Seems to be a lot more worrisome issues in world these days.
then why do you talk, think, or do anything that insnt the most important thing? if you say anything that isnt related to curing childrens cancer then dont post.

and this is actually a pretty big issue. unless you dont value female rights. forget sports, let this creep into the earmark for female leadership positions in this country. this train has no brakes baby.

This is absurd. Men and women are different. Wokeness has gotten to the point that society is ok with men competing against women and we will have a Supreme Justice who is unwilling to admit that she knows what a woman is. Funny how transgender men don’t seek to compete against men? Title IX is now a joke.

Will this guy be gone next year? I certainly hope so! Then maybe women’s sports can go back to focusing on women!
This “guy “ is not a guy. She is a trans woman. I respect all the discussion about Halldan’s original question, and I am open minded about the fairness of the competition. It’s complicated. One thing is not complicated, however. She is not a “guy”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT