ADVERTISEMENT

We Deserve What We Get

They do this tomorrow they beat UConn. St. John’s played their best basketball game of the year. I believe this loss maybe a blessing in disguise. Don’t get me wrong I wanted us to play tomorrow night but prefer to see some wins in the big tournament.
A win vs St John’s would have secured their place. Now Just have a bad feeling they might not have the opportunity to get any wins in the big tournament.

Reactions: Jerry1992
They do this tomorrow they beat UConn. St. John’s played their best basketball game of the year. I believe this loss maybe a blessing in disguise. Don’t get me wrong I wanted us to play tomorrow night but prefer to see some wins in the big tournament.
My concern there is we haven't shown the ability to bottle that motivation for any length of time.

Plus, with the exception of a handful of games, we've shown an inability to compete away from Newark.

Stop over reacting. This team has over achieved the entire season. St. John's spent millions in NIL. Sha is operating with a fraction of the budget Pitino has. This has been a good season all things considered. We have limitations because of NIL. Hopefully the success of this team has motivated boosters and fans enough to give Sha a budget that he can really use to compete with.
It’s not overreacting . This team has too many blow out losses.

My concern there is we haven't shown the ability to bottle that motivation for any length of time.

Plus, with the exception of a handful of games, we've shown an inability to compete away from Newark.
Sha is stealing a page out of Pitino’s playbook, in my gut I’m certain our guys will be laser focused and ready to compete. Good feeling we are going to get a couple of wins. St. John’s attacked the basket and out tough us. They also shot lights out all game.
We are battle tested after this season, Big East was in my opinion very strong this year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 3 of our teams in the sweet sixteen. Hoping we are one of them.

Reactions: catholicman
If we don’t get a locked in performance from Kadary in every game going forward expect a disappointing double digit exit. He needs to play his A game. The effort today was not that.

This is why a lot of fans are ready to move on. He's an excellent player, but he simply does not bring it every day. Why that is, I don't know. Just a cold, hard fact after three seasons in a SH uniform.

Reactions: da0987
Stop over reacting. This team has over achieved the entire season. St. John's spent millions in NIL. Sha is operating with a fraction of the budget Pitino has. This has been a good season all things considered. We have limitations because of NIL. Hopefully the success of this team has motivated boosters and fans enough to give Sha a budget that he can really use to compete with.
After being a pirate fan and season ticket holder for 40 years I am a little sick of the “all things considered” consolation prize. Maybe all things considered the Hall can cut the price of next years season tickets instead of raising them.

Reactions: Mrpiratee
This is why a lot of fans are ready to move on. He's an excellent player, but he simply does not bring it every day. Why that is, I don't know. Just a cold, hard fact after three seasons in a SH uniform.
I said it before and I’ll say it again, Boeheim saw this in Kadary and was happy to see him go.

I’m trying to understand how we have 4 guys on the bench (Brown, Nganga, Tubek, Osdrogan) who NEVER see the floor and one, Sanders who rarely sees the floor. Why do recruit kids like that and give them scholarships?

Pitino is one of the GOATs. Today was a masterclass plain and simple. In the last month he completely turned around a team that looked dead in the water.

That said, I’m shocked we gave up 91 points. This is a team we completely stifled in the first 2 matchups and they got whatever they wanted for 40 minutes.
Pitino said it they changed their offensive scheme vs shu in the last 3 days...also first half shu made a lot of 3s and still were down. St johns also had close to 20 FTs and I am not sure they missed and paint scoring and bench scoring was a runaway

This team had a great turn-around after the out of conference schedule. To be in the conversation is an achievement in an of itself.

That being said, the number of games where they checked out is astounding. I kind of wanted to see more “chippy” play from these guys when they get down in games and it often didn't come through in blowouts.

It just amplifies the need for bench players. The bench can push the starting lineup, but this year there was zero threat of the starting lineup losing PT.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Sha is stealing a page out of Pitino’s playbook, in my gut I’m certain our guys will be laser focused and ready to compete. Good feeling we are going to get a couple of wins. St. John’s attacked the basket and out tough us. They also shot lights out all game.
We are battle tested after this season, Big East was in my opinion very strong this year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 3 of our teams in the sweet sixteen. Hoping we are one of them.
They shot 60% in the first half because we played a matador defense. Only 5 fouls that half tells u something.

Reactions: Merge
I thought EHE was giving us more than JB in that 2nd half. I would have stayed with him. Lead ballooned when he went to bench.
Good vibe from EHE today, and I'm thinking of next year. But what has happened to Coleman? Don't say he is just a freshman: yesterday was our 32nd game. Our bench has shrunk to one.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Good vibe from EHE today, and I'm thinking of next year. But what has happened to Coleman? Don't say he is just a freshman: yesterday was our 32nd game. Our bench has shrunk to one.
EHE really needs work. He lumbers around and his hand strength isn’t good at the rim IMO. It looks in slow motion a lot. He’s a serviceable backup but can be much more.

I’m trying to understand how we have 4 guys on the bench (Brown, Nganga, Tubek, Osdrogan) who NEVER see the floor and one, Sanders who rarely sees the floor. Why do recruit kids like that and give them scholarships?
Fair question. I wonder how many will choose to leave.

EHE really needs work. He lumbers around and his hand strength isn’t good at the rim IMO. It looks in slow motion a lot. He’s a serviceable backup but can be much more.
Perhaps he could lose some weight. And for as much as we loved him, Angel was a lumberer his first year.
I just look at what we have [now] coming back next year. Offensively, though, compared to Ike he is a magician.

Sha has a massive amount of work to do to get better let alone match this year. It’s beyond scary what we’re looking at right now! But I’ll bet he’s got some great rabbits to pull out of the hat…..we hope.

What Holloway did this year with virtually no NIL money compared to his peers was absolutely amazing. He brought in players without the benefit of paying them much if anything. In this day and age with other programs having as much as $3M a year you just cannot compete.

The players you speak of at this point and maybe more than just this point are not Big East quality. Not even close. That's on us and on the admins for not supporting NIL sooner.

Now we have Mike McBride. Unfortunately a year late. But the hope is with our help he'll turn around a very bad situation.

Just in the Big East.....Nova, UConn. SJU, probably Creighton and Marquette are all near or over that amount.

Georgetown might be approaching it as well.

Reactions: garyshu71
Which other Big East teams have $3 million in NIL money?
This is all hearsay but if we go by what has been stated from various sources we can point to Nova, Marquette and Creighton with SJ, Gtown and even PC up there.

This is all hearsay but if we go by what has been stated from various sources we can point to Nova, Marquette and Creighton with SJ, Gtown and even PC up there.
No one here knows. No one knows what folks had available this spring/summer. No one knows what teams have available now. And Uconn isn’t mentioned on your list, to my point, and I would venture they have more than anyone if I was wagering on it.

Please remember we are competing against all the majors for players. There is a lot more to this than BE teams. The new normal is now “Money talks and bull stuff walks.” Arms race is on full bore. Someone on this board likes to say put up or shut up. Now more than ever.

This is an all-time bad take. We'd be celebrating if KR came back for one more year.

He can come back if he wants. If he doesn't, so be it. He won't be pushed out, nor should he be. Like I said, ready to move on.

He can come back if he wants. If he doesn't, so be it. He won't be pushed out, nor should he be. Like I said, ready to move on.
$$$$$$ talks in this case . It’s possible . Can we outbid off shore pro teams?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT