ADVERTISEMENT

The Kids want to play

• Thread starter anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
  • Start date
A

anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I don’t know about y’all, but we want to play.</p>&mdash; Trevor Lawrence (@Trevorlawrencee) <a href="">August 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems the adults, the ones charged with making rational decisions will ruin it all for college athletes.

Seems the adults, the ones charges with making grown up decisions will ruin it all for college athletes.
You def got infiltrated by intergalatic nanites.

Here is what I would say. Collectively we should be at a better point of containment and transmission going into week 2 of August than we are. I don't think any sports media in the last 6 months has rooted for there to be cancelled seasons and sports events pushed back. I woule hope as we march towards Labor Day weekend we can see some acute impactful change in numbers.

If all relevant adults acted like adults months back we wouldnt be in this scenario now.

If all relevant adults acted like adults months back we wouldnt be in this scenario now.

Yes, if adults actually acted like adults are supposed to -- rational thinking, not panicking, thoughtful decisions -- we'd be through this by now.

Seems the adults, the ones charged with making rational decisions will ruin it all for college athletes.
The adults are making the right decision. Sorry to burst the bubble, this the right move. Not because it's necessarily right to not play, but should there be cases of coronavirus and that 1% chance someone gets it real bad, major lawsuits. The fact there's a major lawsuit about nothing every day in America is the problem. I don't blame the administrators for not playing, but lawsuit happy lawyers will take advantage every chance they get. Sad.

The one thing I hope for is the NBA and the NFL look in the mirror and say we can't rely on colleges for a true minor league system anymore. Any time there is a problem, and the brains of the Ivy shut it down, it only makes sense everyone else will shut it down. Then they lose their free minor league system.

Reactions: shu09
The adults are making the right decision. Sorry to burst the bubble, this the right move. Not because it's necessarily right to not play, but should there be cases of coronavirus and that 1% chance someone gets it real bad, major lawsuits. The fact there's a major lawsuit about nothing every day in America is the problem. I don't blame the administrators for not playing, but lawsuit happy lawyers will take advantage every chance they get. Sad.

The one thing I hope for is the NBA and the NFL look in the mirror and say we can't rely on colleges for a true minor league system anymore. Any time there is a problem, and the brains of the Ivy shut it down, it only makes sense everyone else will shut it down. Then they lose their free minor league system.

Yup, the entire concept of "liability" is a complete joke. It's a scam created by lawyers explicitly to make them more money. You have public pools that won't open because of "liability." A major problem in this country is lawyers run everything. They create the laws (many politicians are lawyers), are entrenched in special interest groups and then profit off them in their practice. It's really disgusting.

Yup, the entire concept of "liability" is a complete joke. It's a scam created by lawyers explicitly to make them more money. You have public pools that won't open because of "liability." A major problem in this country is lawyers run everything. They create the laws (many politicians are lawyers), are entrenched in special interest groups and then profit off them in their practice. It's really disgusting.
Not entirely fair because in our system we have lawyers on ALL sides of an issue and our legal system separates us from other countries. How about lawyers come up with reasonable legislation? Covid liability waiver absent gross negligence (I.e, a school should get slapped if they intentionally disregard social distancing like what happened in Georgia)

Not entirely fair because in our system we have lawyers on ALL sides of an issue and our legal system separates us from other countries. How about lawyers come up with reasonable legislation? Covid liability waiver absent gross negligence (I.e, a school should get slapped if they intentionally disregard social distancing like what happened in Georgia)

I don't agree with that. Full, 100% waiver is needed. I have no problem with the school district you're referring to.

Reactions: Hallsome
I don't agree with that. Full, 100% waiver is needed. I have no problem with the school district you're referring to.
At least there’s discussion. I’m sure we can both come up with reasonable reasons as to why we support our positions and could come to a middle ground. Politicians seemingly refuse to do this these days, at least as reported by fake news outlets

Schools are scared shitless of firms like mine taking them out one by one.

Covid is going to open up huge liability especially when it comes to heart issues with football players.

im no doctor but we just added a handful on staff to assist with Litigation’s of this type moving forward.

Covid is going to open up huge liability especially when it comes to heart issues with football players.

im no doctor but we just added a handful on staff to assist with Litigation’s of this type moving forward.
Can these adults sign a waiver they won’t sue for any damages potentially caused by Covid due to playing?

Do you know if these schools face Title IX issues if football is the only sport played?

And that is every thing that is wrong with America in a nutshell

Shitty ambulance chasing leech lawyers are a plague on society and should be ashamed of themselves.

If that's the case, firms like yours are a disgrace and should be shut down. They exist for one singular purpose: to line the pockets of the people who work there, the consequences for everyone else be damned.

Lawyers have ruined many things in this country and they're gunning for everything they haven't gotten to yet. I'm ashamed that a fellow Seton Hall grad chose a profession full of degenerates and people without a single shred of moral integrity just so you could make a few more bucks than everyone else and brag about it on PirateCrew.

If that's the case, firms like yours are a disgrace and should be shut down. They exist for one singular purpose: to line the pockets of the people who work there, the consequences for everyone else be damned.

Lawyers have ruined many things in this country and they're gunning for everything they haven't gotten to yet. I'm ashamed that a fellow Seton Hall grad chose a profession full of degenerates and people without a single shred of moral integrity just so you could make a few more bucks than everyone else and brag about it on PirateCrew.
Are you ashamed that SHU also sponsors an acclaimed law school?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Are you ashamed that SHU also sponsors an acclaimed law school?

There is nothing wrong with being a lawyer. Lawyers can do great good in this world. However using your law degree to try and put schools out of business due to Covid, thereby ruining the lives of people all to make yourself money means you have serious moral and social issues

Reactions: shu09 and SPK145

Appreciate you being transparent but don’t you think this is troubling and telling of where we are? So decisions are being made now about financial risk rather than about health and safety.

And we wonder why people are questioning government and those in charge of making some of these decisions.

Reactions: shu09 and SPK145
I'm not sure putting the school out of business is the purpose.

Schools are making many millions of dollars on sports. If they are doing so while knowingly or negligently putting people at risk then they have some culpability. If that is truly the case then having legal representation is a reasonable thing.

I think we should keep our powder dry before we rip into Jcalz.

Reactions: Hallsome and Merge
I'm not sure putting the school out of business is the purpose.

Schools are making many millions of dollars on sports. If they are doing so while knowingly or negligently putting people at risk then they have some culpability. If that is truly the case then having legal representation is a reasonable thing.

I think we should keep our powder dry before we rip into Jcalz.

Yeah, they'll need representation to defend themselves against vultures filing frivolous lawsuits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT