ADVERTISEMENT

Tough game for Wusu

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
with maybe one of the worst games ive ever seen in a pirate uniform. we have completely polarizing players that can nuke any game at any time. i dont think our team is in bad shape still but need to start winning.

0/13 with 3 turnovers and 3 fouls. that end sequence was cosmic.

Reactions: mbraue
He did at least have 10 boards. But yeah 0/13 and a Richmond DNP, yikes.
i think this loss shouldnt make people freak out. this is the type of games that happen in college sports. wusu did really well vs sju.

3 timeouts and Sha leans against the scoreboard while Providence goes on a 17-4 run and SHU goes down 3.

2 timeouts and he waits until the last 30 seconds to use one after his team fell behind two scores but thankfully hit a layup to bring it back.

His TO usage sucks. Someone in the media should ask him what his thought process is

It wasn’t one player. Gaines couldn’t miss for them. Bediako has been a beast inside but Oduro had his way inside tonight. We played iso ball. We had a 51-41 lead and didn’t use a timeout til it was 58-55. Lack of depth that we don’t trust the bench on a starter having an off night. Everyone needs to be better. DAW has been clutch on this run, he didn’t have his best game today but he didn’t lose the game for us. Kudos to both teams 16-17 from the line.

I get that players have off games but man could’ve used some self awareness at the end. He could barely hit the rim on a layup and then decides it’s a good idea to take a deep 3 in what amounted to the biggest shot of the game
and go for 2 and whiff and then mess up on the rebound and then turn it over. my god.

It wasn’t one player. Gaines couldn’t miss for them. Bediako has been a beast inside but Oduro had his way inside tonight. We played iso ball. We had a 51-41 lead and didn’t use a timeout til it was 58-55. Everyone needs to be better. DAW has been clutch on this run, he didn’t have his best game today but he didn’t lose the game for us. Kudos to both teams 16-17 from the line.
This game brought me back to…. Early December!

We will be that bad….

Actually shaheen did. We scored 4 points from 8:37 to 40 seconds left. The only guy doing anything in the second half was Dawes. Started getting faceguarded and that was it. No coaching adjustments, no plays, nothing! Literally the bare minimum on that end of the floor would have gotten this one across the finish line.

It wasn’t one player. Gaines couldn’t miss for them. Bediako has been a beast inside but Oduro had his way inside tonight. We played iso ball. We had a 51-41 lead and didn’t use a timeout til it was 58-55. Everyone needs to be better. DAW has been clutch on this run, he didn’t have his best game today but he didn’t lose the game for us. Kudos to both teams 16-17 from the line.
i disagree. i think we actually got decent contributions from most players including the bench. he nuked everything and made it so we were down 2 starters. legit.

Actually shaheen did. We scored 4 points from 8:37 to 40 seconds left. The only guy doing anything in the second half was Dawes. Started getting faceguarded and that was it. No coaching adjustments, no plays, nothing! Literally the bare minimum on that end of the floor would have gotten this one across the finish line.
eh, when you miss 100 layups its hard to blame the coach. dont think they had a ton of time planning to be without richmiond.

i disagree. i think we actually got decent contributions from most players including the bench. he nuked everything and made it so we were down 2 starters. legit.
If we got decent contributions, why was DAW on the floor, put the other guys in right?

Reactions: TomD82
I thought they were game until the end where they looked shot.

But you’re not winning when Bediako, Davis, and Addae-Wusu shoot 5/27.

he played vs creighton,
Yes, but he was clearly feeling the effects of the fall. The fall took its toll. If he wasn’t unnecessarily out there during garbage time he doesn’t have that fall. He doesn’t have that fall, the team is in a much better position, including winning this game. Wusu could have afforded to have an awful night, and there would have been significantly less pressure on him anyway.

0-13 is REALLY hard to do. That was brutal to watch, but sadly not completely unexpected. He wasn't good at St. John's.

Reactions: Piratz and SHUSA
Even on his good days he’s a below average offensive player. When your struggling to score might want to lean towards players who can actually make a basketX

3 timeouts and Sha leans against the scoreboard while Providence goes on a 17-4 run and SHU goes down 3.

2 timeouts and he waits until the last 30 seconds to use one after his team fell behind two scores but thankfully hit a layup to bring it back.

His TO usage sucks. Someone in the media should ask him what his thought process is

Lol, good luck with that. Seton Hall media is conditioned to not ask any questions that the coach might find remotely offensive.

Reactions: Piratz
Not going to win when two starters combine to go 1-19 and your best player is out.. it’s a miracle it was close considering all that.

We’re gonna have to find a way to play Bediako and EHE at the same time. I understand you don’t want both in foul trouble. But especially with no KR and Wusu unable to shoot we need to find another way. And EHE has been playing very well.

With a healthy Richmond I am convinced SHU would have beat Creighton and also Providence.
Just my 100% biased opinion, he’s been the best player in the big east this year, a nightmare matchup and playing solid D.

Like I said. December

eh, when you miss 100 layups its hard to blame the coach. dont think they had a ton of time planning to be without richmiond.
I don’t know about that last part. Sha would know if Richmond was at risk since Saturday. So I don’t think they can lean on that

I can't stand players like Wusu. They think they can score. He should be getting points off his defense, in transition and cutting to the basket. He should not be taking guys off the dribble and taking step back 3s.

Most people were worried about this game. Take Richmond out and we looked like the circumstances. Dawes epic fight willed us to that lead. Nobody else did anything.

Seton Hall was only a 4 point home favorite WITH Richmond for a reason.

It sure is tough, but he’s paid $2.4M a year to figure that out.

The reality is, Richmond was out and a lot of the team didn’t play well. Still found themselves up 10 in the second half and lost the game. They got punched in the mouth and didn’t have an answer.

But, its one game and we know they can punch back. Onto Marquette.

Reactions: shu09
Are we to believe Richmond practiced the last 2 days and today he was ruled out? Otherwise if he wasn’t practicing someone had to step in his place during practice

Reactions: HallGuy23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT