ADVERTISEMENT

Transgender athletes’ bogus wins in women’s sports show lack of common sense

The Michael Jackson syndrome.

I have never woken up and said "this is so F'ed up. I have a penis and everything else about me feels like I am a female. It makes me the laughing stock of all the boys and I am so unhappy. Not sure I can deal with life like this."

I assume this happens. It is better for major decisions to be decided when you are an adult. But if your child said they have been suicidal for year, are fighting it but it is getting worse and this the problem, maybe you would say lets wait a few more years till you are 18 before we take action. Some parents out there have to help these tortured souls figure it out. Raising kids aint easy. But it is 2nd grade arithmatic compared to that situation.

Society takes time to get used to change. I watch a show of the gay rebelion of the sixties. One of the most stridents gay activist men pf the time is quoted as saying while I know gay marriage will never be allowed, I hope we can soe day be able live together and have our union be acknwleged like married couples.
IMO, surgery should be a last resort, after all forms of therapy has been exhausted. Allowing a child to make this decision without parental consent is so wrong. There needs to be some professional checks and balances even with the parental consent because we as parents can get caught up in the emotion of trying do what we think is best for our kids and will even listen to bad advice.

As a society, we are too quick to pull the trigger on a miracle medication or going straight to surgery to fix everything. And then we have to deal with the downstream damage, because once you go down that path, you can't reverse it. Too many people that have motivations beyond what is really right for the patient.

One thing that we should try to understand is how the trans sex phenomena exploded over the last decade or so. The part of society that simply accepts all feelings as reality seems to be driving the narrative. We should look at the whole picture.... which includes the demise of the nuclear family. Accepting the notion that all family groups are as good as another in a way got us started down this slippery slope. Family life is just one aspect... there are so many others to bring into the conversation. Social media, indoctrination in schools, media attention. etc.

As a vet I barfed at the Navy's attempt to fill their recruiting gap by using an enlisted guy who is a drag queen. Who thought this was a good idea? Its one thing to be accepting of others but if you want people who are willing to make the supreme sacrifice for their country , this may not be the demographic you would go after.

IMO, surgery should be a last resort, after all forms of therapy has been exhausted. Allowing a child to make this decision without parental consent is so wrong. There needs to be some professional checks and balances even with the parental consent because we as parents can get caught up in the emotion of trying do what we think is best for our kids and will even listen to bad advice.

As a society, we are too quick to pull the trigger on a miracle medication or going straight to surgery to fix everything. And then we have to deal with the downstream damage, because once you go down that path, you can't reverse it. Too many people that have motivations beyond what is really right for the patient.
I dont disagree. And for one side of this argument, the miracle drug/surgery is nothing. If you wanted my advise on heart or brain surgery, I would tel you I am not a person to listen too. Same here.

I was sent a picture of my 5th grade class the other day. One of the boys, well lets just say we called hima weirdo. He had a birthday party, we were all invited. My Mom made me go over my objections. I can still remener a look of such happiness on this kid's face as he ran around as we played a game. Makes me ashamed of myself till this day. The rumor in HS was he was a queer, not sure we used gay yet. But this person battled some shit never put in my path. I never laid down one hand to help or understand him. I hope my two boys are better men than me as they face the world.

Last edited:
Biology is fact. Follow the science. If a male wants to become a female fine if you want to pay for it. But you can’t compete in women’s sports because you will always have an advantage over biological females. Notice you don’t see too many females identifying as males competing in men’s sports and winning.

The whole thing of not referring to someone’s gender is complete BS. It matters in sports, it matters if you want to be treated by a medical doctor and it should be on your birth certificate. If you become an adult and want to make a change so be it but honesty as to your original gender is important in certain areas of your life. Follow the science. It’s a fact.

I dont disagree. And for one side of this argument, the miracle drug/surgery is nothing. If you wanted my advise on heart or brain surgery, I would tel you I am not a person to listen too. Same here.

I was sent a picture of my 5th grade class the other day. One of the boys, well lets just say we called hima weirdo. He had a birthday party, we were all invited. My Mom made me go over my objections. I can still remener a look of such happiness on this kid's face as he ran around as we played a game. Makes me ashamed of myself till this day. The rumor in HS was he was a queer, not sure we used gay yet. But this person battled some shit never put in my path. I never laid down one hand to help or understand him. I hope my two boys are better men than me as they face the world.

I think the majority on this board can all look back on things we did when we were younger and wish that we did things differently.

You were probably 11 years old. You shouldn't beat yourself up too much on this.

Surgery is never something to be taken lightly. Good or bad, I have seen too many cases of unnecessary procedures because that's the way our system is set up. Doesn't mean it's the best for the patient.
Healthcare has also advanced in many good ways in that there was not the same understanding of mental health and therapies available back then whether it was a gay kid dealing with it or a straight kid dealing with a different issue. Your classmate maybe didn't have the options or felt comfortable getting help back then because of the stigma's etc. We are in a better place now and more help is available.

This is all sickening and unfortunately it won’t stop until one or more of the following happens:

1 - biological females get seriously injured frequently (it’s already happened, but not enough)

2 - a biological male joins the WNBA and makes a complete mockery of it making the women finally stand up against it.

3 - a biological male joins a female USA Olympic team and the world goes up in arms and embarrasses America.

There was a movie late 80's, early 90's where Rodney Dangerfield coached a youth, girls soccer team. He brought in his girlfriend's son and dressed him as a girl. The movie was a comedy at the time. Unfortunately, this is reality now.

MV5BNzcyNzQ4MzUtYWM5Zi00OGIwLTgyMDMtY2ZiMjEyZDkyZGI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM0OTExMzgw._V1_UY100_CR39,0,100,100_AL_.jpg

There was a movie late 80's, early 90's where Rodney Dangerfield coached a youth, girls soccer team. He brought in his girlfriend's son and dressed him as a girl. The movie was a comedy at the time. Unfortunately, this is reality now.
Ladybugs, from 1992. The late Jonathan Brandis played the boy. Not a comedy classic by any means but, having seen it again many years later within the last year, it does hold up as a mildly amusing and entertaining time capsule. Dangerfield still not gettin’ any respect!

Reactions: thehall07
Yet while we all agree this is lunacy, 100% of house democrats supported this position in a bill back on April 20 as did our President. It's at the point where politicians on both sides are giving the finger to the middle class & saying, you can't do a damn thing about it. In what sane society do you penalize those with good credit for the sake of those with bad credit when banks are collapsing? NUTS

Sorry, with all due respect, this is NOT normal.
Whether you or I disagree with it doesn't matter. The powers that be have decided that this is acceptable. I hate to say it is the only way this changes in the next couple of years if naturally born women choose not to compete against transgender athletes and somebody like ESPN or CBS loses money because of it.

Is this the fact that a handful of athletes born male are participating in sports as a female, really that big of an issue?
Yes it is. They are making a mockery of womens sports. Tell your daughter who trains very hard and is trying to compete against biological males and will lose almost every time that its not a big deal. Tell us what is fair about that?

Is this the fact that a handful of athletes born male are participating in sports as a female, really that big of an issue?
I think there's real safety concerns when it comes to men competing against women. You may disagree. But every time a female from birth gets hurt from a spike in volleyball or a line drive in softball from a transgender athlete, there's going to be questions.

Is it that big an issue that they can't compete with other male athletes that were also born that way?

When your daughter looses out on a scholarship or opportunity to compete because a guy who isn’t good enough for the guys team takes her spot please be sure to ask yourself this question.

It’s more than a handful, and it would be if an issue if adversely affected your daughter’s team.

A few years ago, I attended a high school softball game between two teams located within 10 miles of the SHU campus.

One team had a player who was clearly a biological male. You could tell that if he/she was on the baseball team, we’d be talking about a JV player. But on the softball team, this kid was the starting catcher, cleanup hitter and delivered the game-winning hit.

To say there are only a handful of instances out there is just not true. It’s becoming more and more common, and will only become a larger issue over time.

I think anyone who has empathy certainly looks back to school and regrets not helping the kids that were picked on or "weird". That's not a position you'd ever wish on anyone, and it's important to teach our kids to be that friendly face that could make a difference for a kid. However, I think the transgender sports topic should be clear, compete against the kids that are your sex, not the sex you identify as.

About a thousand years ago when I was in 3rd grade our teacher asked a very inappropriate question. But of course back then you could get away with things of that nature.

She asked if any of us wished we were of the opposite sex. One little girl, Florence, raised her hand. I remember thinking what was wrong with her? Now, much older that is not my question to ponder.

Few of us who are happy with how we were born can understand the confusion, pain and suffering of people like Florence. I truly hope all the Florences find happiness in their choices. Just do so away from the athletic arena if transitioning from a man to a woman.

My personal belief is let transgender athletes compete in all male sports. Why do we subject a group of females to the potential injury caused by 1. Why not let the 1 be at their own risk when they play male sports.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
While I agree with the majority, if you were born male, you should not be participating in sports as a female, regardless of how you identify, I think we as a society spend way too much time on issues such as these.
Yes, in the grand scheme of things it’s not the most important issue, it’s a matter of principal more than anything else. Give an inch on something like this and it soon becomes a mile.

You might roll your eyes and shrug your shoulders but to the young women who give their blood, sweat, and tears to their respective sports, it’s everything.

What expertise do you have in this field. My guess is probably none. So you just open you mouth and talk out your ass. Have you ever met a transgendered person? Ever talk to one? Probably not.

With that being said, common sense has been thrown out. Trans athletes have a fundamental advantage in sports against natural born women which is not fair in sports. Period and end of story.
Sounds like you talk to transgenders. Let me ask, if someone is anorexic and goes to a Dr seeking liposuction because they identify as fat, do we affirm that person and perform lipo? No we diagnose them as mentally I’ll and provide them the mental health they need.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Sounds like you talk to transgenders. Let me ask, if someone is anorexic and goes to a Dr seeking liposuction because they identify as fat, do we affirm that person and perform lipo? No we diagnose them as mentally I’ll and provide them the mental health they need.
The reason they’re treated differently is BECAUSE one is part of a narrative and attempt to create another victim class. Divide and conquer.

Perfectly fine. They can and should live their lives and be happy. They should live without judgmental people thinking they know best that they need therapy. Trans people have been around forever. You just haven’t come out of your cave to notice.
This is a social contagion. It has been around yes, but at ac rate of less than 1%. Now they are targeting children and kids going through puberty and are confused add grooming them. There are as many as 1 in 4 HS students in some areas identifying as trans. That’s not normal.

The responses to the original post have morphed, sadly, from the issue of transgender athletes to transgender-ism in general.

As a former veteran high school teacher who witnessed a few of these transformations, the emotional, psychological, and physical decision-making kids and families go through is huge. To think a big reason for such a life-altering change is to hold [for a year or two] the county high jump record is truly shortsighted.

The responses to the original post have morphed, sadly, from the issue of transgender athletes to transgender-ism in general.

As a former veteran high school teacher who witnessed a few of these transformations, the emotional, psychological, and physical decision-making kids and families go through is huge. To think a big reason for such a life-altering change is to hold [for a year or two] the county high jump record is truly shortsighted.
Thread going exactly how expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT