ADVERTISEMENT

Transgender athletes’ bogus wins in women’s sports show lack of common sense

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

By Phil Mushnick

I’m going to throw in with the lunatics, especially given they receive so much political and legislative support, attention and even funding, from the White House to Albany to City Hall.

In order to avoid escalating Real Estate taxes, I will now identify as a 6-year-old. The mere claim that I’m 6 should carry the day. I know my rights! Besides, let’s see the IRS toss a 6-year-old in jail for tax evasion. Hey, Turn-key! You call this chocolate milk!?

Those of us who relied upon common sense and fair play to win the day — or at least break even — are now holding losing tickets.

I thought we’d bottomed out six years ago when Fox and ESPN, both MLB partner networks, hired just-retired Alex Rodriguez — a twice-busted, drug-cheating, chronic liar — as the name and face of nationally televised baseball.

That not a word of dissent came from MLB commissioner Rob Manfred told us all we needed to know about him.

But then, starting in 2018, we were quickly hit with three stories that seemed to be aberrations — too impossible to sustain as per the forces of common sense:

1) In Connecticut in 2018, a girls high school track meet included a winner and a runner-up who had formerly competed as males. Naturally, they were bigger, faster and stronger than the girls in the girls’ competition

2) CeCe Telfer, a muscular transgender woman who the previous year competed on Franklin Pierce University’s men’s track team as Craig Telfer, won the 2019 NCAA Division II 400 meter hurdles championship, crushing the seven other born-and-raised female finalists.

mushnick-main-2.jpg

Franklin Pierce’s CeCe Telfer runs a race in May 2019.NCAA
Photos via Getty Images

In a lengthy feature following her feat, The New York Times didn’t ask any of the seven biological females in that race how they felt about competing in what appeared to the fair-minded as a fixed race.

3) Lia Thomas, who as 6-foot-1 William Thomas swimming for the Penn men’s team, was just an also-swam, won the 2022 Division I women’s 500-yard freestyle championship.

Put ’em all together and common sense would put a quick end to this, certainly before it could grow worse, not as a matter of politics, religion or even ideology, but as a matter of applied common sense.

mushnick-main-1.jpg

Lia Thomas celebrates after winning an event in March 2022.Icon Sportswire via
Getty Images

As transexual Caitlyn Jenner and lesbian Martina Navratilova have firmly declared: right-minded advocates of minimal fair play — advocates of common sense in sports — now risk condemnation as bigots, as “homophobes” by those who refuse to see what’s impossible to miss.

But common sense has been ruled inadmissible, starting with President Biden — who, on his first day in office in 2021, released an executive order:

“Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room or school sports.”

Thus the President of the United States became an advocate of fixed races and bogus competitions. And if one disagreed on the matter of fundamental unfairness — especially to biological women — one was out of modern step, self-relegated to antiquity.

And now these episodes that have evaded common sense come at us in waves. Last week it was a transexual bicyclist Austin Killips who won a women’s race. Before that, wrestling, ice hockey, the pole vault, weight lifting, volleyball and the hammer throw were added to swimming and track.

mushnick-inset-1.jpg

Austin Killips (r.) is pictured after a race in January.BELGA MAG/AFP via
Getty Images

And they know their rights! They have the right to destroy women’s sports on behalf of women’s sports!

Our nation now has a zero-tolerance policy on common sense. Common sense, as manifested through fair play, is homophobic, transphobic, racist, misogynistic, hate-driven, un-American and even fascist. See ya in Juvenile Detention Center!

Hit the link above for more.

I would also ask please do not make political comments. They will be deleted when I see them.

Keep this on sports and your opinions regarding the subject.

Thank you

Now instead of treating mental illness we’re all forced to play along with the delusions of the mentally ill. Common sense is even less common than it was before.

The team you play on should be determined by the chromosomes you possess, not the body parts you lopped off or stapled on.

Reactions: PirateFan94

Tennis star Martina Navratilova slams trans cyclist Austin Killips’ victory​

By Yaron Steinbuch

Tennis great Martina Navratilova took a swing at transgender cyclist Austin Killips, who won a women’s race this week in New Mexico – saying “trans identified male athletes” have no place in women’s sports.

The nine-time Wimbledon champion spoke out after Killips, 27, became the first openly trans woman to win an official Union Cycliste Internationale stage event on Sunday.

“Transgender cyclist Austin Killips wins women’s race, causes outrage- this will happen more and more- women’s sports is NOT THE PLACE for trans identified male athletes,” Navratilova, 66, said in a tweet Wednesday.

Killips, who was sanctioned to compete under the governing body’s rules, won $35,000 after winning the Tour of the Gila stage race in 3:07:16 – ahead of Marcela Prieto and Cassandra Nelson by a margin of 89 seconds.

Killips drew swift backlash for the victory.

“The current UCI rules that allow males to compete in female cycling events are NOT fair to female athletes. Time for UCI to admit this current rule situation is unsustainable and leaving a black mark on cycling as a fair sport for females,” former world champ cyclist Alison Sydor tweeted.

NYPICHPDPICT000010623381.jpg

Transgender cyclist Austin Killips drew swift backlash for the victory.
Sipa USA via AP

Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies — who last month called for a boycott of Nike over its decision to use trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney to promote its sportswear for women — also slammed the UCI.

“This is beyond disappointing. Those in charge should hang their heads in shame. The UCI is not fit for purpose,” Davies told The Daily Mail.

Killips addressed the controversy with a message on Instagram.

“This win was possible thanks to the community and connections I’ve been fortunate enough to build over the years through bikes,” Killips wrote.

“After a week of nonsense on the internet I’m especially thankful to everyone in the peloton and sport who continue to affirm that Twitter is not real life,” the cyclist continued.

“I love my peers and competitors and am grateful for every opportunity I get to learn and grow as a person and athlete on course together,” Killips added.

The UCI has defended Killips but changed its tune the day after Navratilova’s tweet – saying it will review its rules for trans athletes and “analyze the current situation,” with a new decision expected in August.

Last month, Navratilova also targeted Lia Thomas after the NCAA swimmer went on a podcast and described those who don’t fully support her right to swim competitively in events designated for women as “transphobic.”

“NEWSFLASH Lia- it’s not fair. We shouldn’t have to explain it to you over and over. Also- stop explaining feminism to feminists….” Navratilova wrote.

The tennis legend, who is married to Real Housewives of Miami star Julia Lemigova, has previously spoken out about how she feels the former University of Pennsylvania swimmer has an unfair advantage in the sport.

Reactions: SoCalBrett
Homosexuality was once considered a mental illness. Imo it is not about the condition, it is about the great and obvious injustice that this brings to female athletes.
Wanting to cut off and sew on other body parts is a mental illness. What would you tell someone who says they identify as an amputee and wants to cut off a healthy arm or leg? Transgender is the same thing cutting of different body parts!

If these people are out of touch with reality that’s on them. The rest of us shouldn’t be forced to play along, especially when others are being hurt by this. When do people start saying NO!?

Wanting to cut off and sew on other body parts is a mental illness. What would you tell someone who says they identify as an amputee and wants to cut off a healthy arm or leg? Transgender is the same thing cutting of different body parts!

If these people are out of touch with reality that’s on them. The rest of us shouldn’t be forced to play along, especially when others are being hurt by this. When do people start saying NO!?
That is what my dads generstion thought about people who liked otgers with the same genitals. It is hard for me to understand. But that doesnt mean some are not born that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I just want to keep politics out of the conversation. Otherwise have at it.

Personally I agree with the majority. To me it's tragic having transgender males/females compete against females.

I say that having no issue with transgenders. If they feel the need to change their sex, that's a personal decision. But challenging females athletically with all the advantages they have is wrong in so many way.

Transgender surgery is now a $5 billion dollar industry. I'm sure that these numbers in the past were nowhere near that number.

There was recent story of a 18 year old male in MA, that was put on puberty blockers at a young age. The male went into surgery and while they were performing the surgery, ran into complications because of the puberty blockers and the male died in the operating room.

If someone wants to transition when they are an "adult" fine but having young children going thru this process is just wrong.

As one girl that transitioned to male at a young age and now wants to go back to female, she stated > where do I go to get my breasts back?

Reactions: Seton75
Transgender surgery is now a $5 billion dollar industry. I'm sure that these numbers in the past were nowhere near that number.

There was recent story of a 18 year old male in MA, that was put on puberty blockers at a young age. The male went into surgery and while they were performing the surgery, ran into complications because of the puberty blockers and the male died in the operating room.

If someone wants to transition when they are an "adult" fine but having young children going thru this process is just wrong.

As one girl that transitioned to male at a young age and now wants to go back to female, she stated > where do I go to get my breasts back?
These individuals need medical attention but they do not need surgery. They need therapy. It’s mental, not physical. Doctors and insurance companies can still cash in they just need to redirect their efforts.

These individuals need medical attention but they do not need surgery. They need therapy. It’s mental, not physical. Doctors and insurance companies can still cash in they just need to redirect their efforts.
Bingo. There are only men and women. Notice how transgender “men” aren’t participating, much less dominating men’s sports.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
What expertise do you have in this field. My guess is probably none. So you just open you mouth and talk out your ass. Have you ever met a transgendered person? Ever talk to one? Probably not.

With that being said, common sense has been thrown out. Trans athletes have a fundamental advantage in sports against natural born women which is not fair in sports. Period and end of story.

What expertise do you have in this field. My guess is probably none. So you just open you mouth and talk out your ass. Have you ever met a transgendered person? Ever talk to one? Probably not.

With that being said, common sense has been thrown out. Trans athletes have a fundamental advantage in sports against natural born women which is not fair in sports. Period and end of story.

What exactly is your expertise? How have your interactions with trans people gone?

What exactly is your expertise? How have your interactions with trans people gone?
Perfectly fine. They can and should live their lives and be happy. They should live without judgmental people thinking they know best that they need therapy. Trans people have been around forever. You just haven’t come out of your cave to notice.

Reactions: chickenbox
Perfectly fine. They can and should live their lives and be happy. They should live without judgmental people thinking they know best that they need therapy. Trans people have been around forever. You just haven’t come out of your cave to notice.

You didn't answer my question at all. What is your expertise in this topic? What have your interactions with trans people been like?

The fact that there is even a debate about biological men competing in woman’s sports is problematic in itself. Compete with other biological men or petition to create a third transgender category, like the para-Olympics.

So you think wanting to cut off healthy body parts isn’t a mental illness? Common sense out the window - Exhibit A!

I don’t think being trans inherently makes you mentally ill but there’s definitely a substantial overlap between those with mental illnesses and those wanting a sex change.

That’s besides the point though. The sad part is anyone who stands up and simply says that biological men do not belong in women’s sports is labeled “transphobic” by people of certain beliefs. At some point the sane need to unite on the side of common sense when it comes to this issue.

Here's what I want to know. Where are the feminists with all this? Title IX has been thrown out the window and all those advocates are saying it hasn't been and this is ok?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
It’s not insane at all to post this article and it’s always good to have discussion. My personal view is that biological males should not be competing against females. My four daughters feel the same way and would never compete against a male that identifies as a female.

Dan, good job posting this article as it is related to sports and it is a topic that should be able to discuss without bringing politics into it. IMO, there is the impact on fairness of sports and then there is also the issue about gender affirmation/assignment and how to understand it as it is something we should be able to debate.

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/birth-plastic-surgery

Always interesting to look back at history. Plastic surgery was originally founded to address disfiguring injuries from combat (same as prosthetics) and most of the early advancements were designed to treat soldiers. Then it expanded to treat a broader group of patients in the health care system that had illnesses/disease (cancer, amputations, etc.). Plastic surgery then morphed into cosmetic surgery of visible defects that weren't related to a specific health problem (rhinoplasty - ie. nose job). Now it has evolved into enhancements that are driven by personal vanity and image (butt lifts, breast enhancements, etc.). There is another discussion to be had as to whether this last group is more of a statement on our society, greed, etc. than for any medical need.

Personally, I don't see the value in subjecting yourself to a completely elective surgery and the risks (direct or indirect) for something that is unnecessary. Yet these procedures are marketed to take advantage of people with poor self-image (and keep taking advantage). A large number of cosmetic surgery patients are repeat customers...getting larger implants or addressing what they think are inadequacies in their looks. It's an addiction, yet some in the community will look the other way for the $$ (which for the most part is out-of-pocket).

If we are really having an honest conversation, sex-reaffirming surgery is another area that is taking advantage of a patients with low self-image in many cases.

Here's what I want to know. Where are the feminists with all this? Title IX has been thrown out the window and all those advocates are saying it hasn't been and this is ok?
A lot of these feminist believe that trans women are in fact women. They advocate for the trans women to compete in women's sports.

Very easy solution - If you were born with a penis, you compete in men's sports. If you were born with a vagina, you compete in women's sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUsez
Dan, good job posting this article as it is related to sports and it is a topic that should be able to discuss without bringing politics into it. IMO, there is the impact on fairness of sports and then there is also the issue about gender affirmation/assignment and how to understand it as it is something we should be able to debate.

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/birth-plastic-surgery

Always interesting to look back at history. Plastic surgery was originally founded to address disfiguring injuries from combat (same as prosthetics) and most of the early advancements were designed to treat soldiers. Then it expanded to treat a broader group of patients in the health care system that had illnesses/disease (cancer, amputations, etc.). Plastic surgery then morphed into cosmetic surgery of visible defects that weren't related to a specific health problem (rhinoplasty - ie. nose job). Now it has evolved into enhancements that are driven by personal vanity and image (butt lifts, breast enhancements, etc.). There is another discussion to be had as to whether this last group is more of a statement on our society, greed, etc. than for any medical need.

Personally, I don't see the value in subjecting yourself to a completely elective surgery and the risks (direct or indirect) for something that is unnecessary. Yet these procedures are marketed to take advantage of people with poor self-image (and keep taking advantage). A large number of cosmetic surgery patients are repeat customers...getting larger implants or addressing what they think are inadequacies in their looks. It's an addiction, yet some in the community will look the other way for the $$ (which for the most part is out-of-pocket).

If we are really having an honest conversation, sex-reaffirming surgery is another area that is taking advantage of a patients with low self-image in many cases.
The Michael Jackson syndrome.

I have never woken up and said "this is so messed up. I have a penis and everything else about me feels like I am a female. It makes me the laughing stock of all the boys and I am so unhappy. Not sure I can deal with life like this."

I assume this happens. It is better for major decisions to be decided when you are an adult. But if your child said they have been suicidal for year, are fighting it but it is getting worse and this the problem, maybe you would say lets wait a few more years till you are 18 before we take action. Some parents out there have to help these tortured souls figure it out. Raising kids isn't easy. But it is 2nd grade arithmetic compared to that situation.

Society takes time to get used to change. I watched a show on the gay rebellion of the sixties. One of the most strident gay activist men of the time is quoted as saying while I know gay marriage will never be allowed, I hope we can some day be able live together and have our union be acknowledged like married couples.

Last edited:
The Michael Jackson syndrome.

I have never woken up and said "this is so F'ed up. I have a penis and everything else about me feels like I am a female. It makes me the laughing stock of all the boys and I am so unhappy. Not sure I can deal with life like this."

I assume this happens. It is better for major decisions to be decided when you are an adult. But if your child said they have been suicidal for year, are fighting it but it is getting worse and this the problem, maybe you would say lets wait a few more years till you are 18 before we take action. Some parents out there have to help these tortured souls figure it out. Raising kids aint easy. But it is 2nd grade arithmatic compared to that situation.

Society takes time to get used to change. I watch a show of the gay rebelion of the sixties. One of the most stridents gay activist men pf the time is quoted as saying while I know gay marriage will never be allowed, I hope we can soe day be able live together and have our union be acknwleged like married couples.
In some states kids can have sex changes without the parents' consent and the government (our taxes) will pay for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT