ADVERTISEMENT

TREVON DUVAL STILL UNDECIDED

The will change in a hot second if Duval doesn't get here and Willard has let other capable PG's walk. Same with when we pursued Kyle Anderson. Board was in love with the chase, how we were playing with the "blue bloods" and then when it did not happen and we were left with Cosby and Maayan running the point, Willard became Public Enemy #1.

It's all wonderful while he spends his time chasing this down... I still believe that the "blue bloods" get what they want. They have resources we do not.

Meanwhile we have a team primed for a run with a glaring hole at PG. Is it worth the risk/reward? What PG ready to start for us at this late stage wants to "wait and see" like this?

Wouldn't it be funny if Willard takes one of these types and this team knocks off Duval in the NCAA's next year?

Reactions: pokeyshu
The will change in a hot second if Duval doesn't get here and Willard has let other capable PG's walk. Same with when we pursued Kyle Anderson. Board was in love with the chase, how we were playing with the "blue bloods" and then when it did not happen and we were left with Cosby and Maayan running the point, Willard became Public Enemy #1.

It's all wonderful while he spends his time chasing this down... I still believe that the "blue bloods" get what they want. They have resources we do not.

Meanwhile we have a team primed for a run with a glaring hole at PG. Is it worth the risk/reward? What PG ready to start for us at this late stage wants to "wait and see" like this?

Wouldn't it be funny if Willard takes one of these types and this team knocks off Duval in the NCAA's next year?
Wouldn't it be funny if Willard got Duval and made it all the way?

Honestly Arizona scares the hell out of me. Actually they scared me a lot more before Trier said he was coming back, and will scare me less if Alain comes back

I'm a little concerned that Arizona and Baylor have received almost no attention in this recruitment. Sean Miller is a bulldog and still has "Book" Richardson on his staff. Trier coming back probably helps us, but you never truly know. Same thing with Graham at Kansas. As for Baylor, while I don't see Duval going there, I'd never put anything past slimy Scott Drew.

Trying to figure out which school Duval will pick is like trying to figure out what country we'll drop another MOAB on.

"I think this one is Duke, I feel much clearer about this one, but I give Seton Hall a shot because of his relationship with Myles Powell." - Andrew Slater

Time for Plan B?

"I think this one is Duke, I feel much clearer about this one, but I give Seton Hall a shot because of his relationship with Myles Powell." - Andrew Slater

Time for Plan B?
Don't ever disappoint

LOL. He said he's pretty confident Duval is going to Duke, but I'm negative?! o_O:eek:

Andrew Slater is a Duke blogger. That quote means nothing. Just like Jeremy Schneider's.

I do think he ends up at Duke because that's just what happens in these situations, but still cautiously optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Time for Plan B?

It will be time for Plan B the minute he selects anyone other than us. Not before.

He is too good...and will make too much of a difference not to take this shot. The upside is just too great.

Admittedly, this one will hurt even more than the others we have been lamenting (Anderson, et al) if only because this team is poised to do great things....with one missing piece.....

Judging by the way the staff is continuing to recruit other pg's it would appear that plan b is already being explored? However that does not mean TD definitely not coming. Just the staff doing their job.

Reactions: Seton00
If we didn't have a plan b, the staff would need their head examined.

Guys/Girls, for whatever reason I am quite optimistic in regards to TD, Holloway came here with NO supporting cast minus Sanders, Andre B had Duke loving him but he chose us as well, who knows what may happen, Trevon is going to play 1 season somewhere, and for our sake he does have his best friend Myles and 4 returning seniors, it just makes for an awesome story and season, plus he is from the area originally, who know's what will happen, I hope hope hope you come here Trevon, you would go against the grain and make your mark in a different way, either way we should still do well , how well depends, but I for one am happy with our program now than it was prior. Lets just sit back and hope he chills out, relaxes and wants to join the Big East... Til than GO HALL

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Even though we are up against Duke, Kansas, Arizona and baylor, our situation is more stable than the others for next year. The only issue is Angel, but we are out of it if he were to leave anyway. Otherwise, we have three 1,000 point scorers returning with good role players and his best friend who is on his way to a star career.

The other schools are great but there are moving pieces and new faces to integrate. With us, you know exactly what you get and it is pretty darn good.

Willard, Please go get us another big that can play right away and our situation will look even better for TD. A graduate transfer is fine. If Delgado did not have to worry as much about follow trouble and only had to play 30 mins a game, imagine how much better he would be.

He has everything he needs right here for the year he will spend in college.

If he can recruit Sandro M., who is in Florida also, and both commit our class will be top 15-20. Then we bring in another top 20 class next year we are set to be in the top half of the Big East for quite some time. A top point guard and center would be our main priorities to recruit for 2018.

Reactions: IronKaz1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT