ADVERTISEMENT

Trump goes at GOP Chris Smith

However, you must admit that infrastructure spending also produces jobs and creates more money for corporations which will in turn lead to increased tax revenues.

In terms of spending, I agree that there needs to be a reduction in spending. There is something like 1.5 trillion in discretionary spending by the government. Most of that is defense and defense related agencies. So, we should see some reduction in spending in the military. Not being in Afghanistan should be savings. The government needs to find other ways to decrease spending. The government can decrease spending in conjunction with some increases in taxes by closing loopholes and preventing the Uber wealthy from exploiting the tax laws.
Agreed but, in regards to the first paragraph, never nearly as much as the the pols promise in order to pass the legislation, just like tax cuts never goose the economy nearly as much as the pols promise and tax increases never raise nearly as much revenue as the pols promise.

Our military spending is way out of whack, I believe we can continue to have the strongest military in the world but not spend as much. Incredible waste there as well as with much other spending.

However, you must admit that infrastructure spending also produces jobs and creates more money for corporations which will in turn lead to increased tax revenues.

In terms of spending, I agree that there needs to be a reduction in spending. There is something like 1.5 trillion in discretionary spending by the government. Most of that is defense and defense related agencies. So, we should see some reduction in spending in the military. Not being in Afghanistan should be savings. The government needs to find other ways to decrease spending. The government can decrease spending in conjunction with some increases in taxes by closing loopholes and preventing the Uber wealthy from exploiting the tax laws.
Also foreign aid such be cut .

Reactions: shu09 and SPK145
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT