ADVERTISEMENT

University of Minnesota to limit ties with Minneapolis police after George Floyd's death

Awww look whose privileged racist little feathers got ruffled. Hilarious. Hit a little close to home? Way to divert & go on some random rant about likes.

And you know I'm right about the players, just like HallBall10 was. Disgusted that people like you & your little cadre of conservative bigots root for the same athletes as me. Again, just know they & the coaches would never give any of the time of day if they knew how you all really feel.

Bobbie youre a grown man and you are worried if an 18 year old is going to give you the time of day? That's creepy, even for a jock sniffer like yourself.

You call people privileged because the color of their skin, that seems racist to me, but what do I know. You should drive thru rural America and then talk about priviledge for whites.

You've refuted nothing, you just label people racist, which is what people do when they have no substance. I won't even bother responding to you any longer because you're a terrible person. Have a good night and GFY.

Yes. I politicized this issue and am actively dividing people. Again, you responded to my posts regarding Donald Trump POLITICIZING this issue with his tweets. And then you admonish me for referring back to my original point that you responded to.

To actual tie that pig Trump & his admin to an issue like this, look no further than his utterly corrupt AG Barr dropping the federal case against Eric Garner's cop murderer. And his previous AG Jeff Sessions sharply limited the federal gov't consent decrees that were enacted with 14 different police depts around the country, sending the message that oversight of their previously deigned negligent or worse actions was now over. Basically saying that this admin has no interest in reigning abuses like we saw this week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/us/politics/sessions-limits-consent-decrees.html

WASHINGTON — Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions has drastically limited the ability of federal law enforcement officials to use court-enforced agreements to overhaul local police departments accused of abuses and civil rights violations, the Justice Department announced on Thursday.

signed a memorandum on Wednesday before President Trump fired him sharply curtailing the use of so-called consent decrees, court-approved deals between the Justice Department and local governments that create a road map of changes for law enforcement and other institutions.

ordered a review of the existing agreements, including with police departments in Baltimore, Chicago and Ferguson, Mo., enacted amid a national outcry over the deaths of black men at the hands of officers.

since the first one was adopted in Pittsburgh more than two decades ago. The new guidelines push more of that responsibility onto state attorneys general and other local agencies.

By setting a higher bar for the deals, Mr. Sessions limited a tool that the Justice Department has used to help change policing practices nationwide.

ordered a review of the use of consent decrees to ensure that they “advance the safety and protection of the public.” He said that the pacts should also ensure that the police are safe and respected and that they should not interfere with recruiting efforts by the local police.

found rampant use of excessive force aimed at black and Latino people. Under Mr. Sessions, the Justice Department said the deal placed too many restrictions on Chicago’s police superintendent.

“When Jeff Sessions intervened in the locally negotiated consent decree in Chicago, it belied the love of federalism that he professes and uses to justify this effort to effectively end the use of consent decrees,” said Vanita Gupta, the chief executive of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights and the former head of the Justice Department’s civil rights division.

The agreements enacted after high-profile police killings in recent years would likely not exist if Mr. Sessions’s restrictions had been in place.

“The need for consent decrees and the oversight they guarantee,” she said, “has not disappeared.”

Bobbie youre a grown man and you are worried if an 18 year old is going to give you the time of day? That's creepy, even for a jock sniffer like yourself.

You know that isn't my point. I actually have almost interest in meeting anyone on the team or staff despite being a psycho fan. You're just insulting with silliness to divert. The real issue is that the kids that you and rest of your ilk root for are above the reproach you show for the rest of their generation, their struggles & their culture, I guess b/c people like you can compartmentalize them into a special class. Maybe b/c they are just entertainment to you? I dunno how it works. It's gross however it shakes out.

100683041_4221688567856157_8722431442568609792_n.jpg

Last night in NYC this police lieutenant got hit in the face with a brick by protestors. He had nothing to do with the murder in Minn. How in the world is this right?

Looks like heart disease to me.

Lol Bobbie posting drunk from his parents basement in Bayonne again. Just stfu, you're a POS, everyone on here knows it. I probably did like one of your posts, if you make a good point I will like it. You love to act like your views are so popular, you have over 11,000 posts and barely 3,000 likes, poor little Bobbie is less popular here than he was in school. I've got more likes than posts, over 4,000, go have another bender and let the adults hold conversations, you can go loot with your loser buddies.
Amen!!!

So much hatred on the Ship. Cant we all just get along?

The division of America is worsening.

Shame we keep voting for people on the extreme of both sides of the ticket.

We all need a moderate.

Sidenote Joe Biden with a working mind would be decent. God only knows what is making the Democrats trot out a guy with obvious dementia.

We have to choose between the Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich once again.
Joe Biden even if mentally functioning is the problem. He's a chameleon. Says what he needs to to get elected and follows through on nothing. Trump may rub people the wrong way with the way he fights back. It seems childish at times but at least he fights for what he and the people who voted for him believe in instead of cowering like people in is position on the right have done for decades. He's followed through or is trying to follow through on every campaign promise. Name another politician who can claim that.

Reactions: SHUMatt
To actual tie that pig Trump & his admin to an issue like this, look no further than his utterly corrupt AG Barr dropping the federal case against Eric Garner's cop murderer. And his previous AG Jeff Sessions sharply limited the federal gov't consent decrees that were enacted with 14 different police depts around the country, sending the message that oversight of their previously deigned negligent or worse actions was now over. Basically saying that this admin has no interest in reigning abuses like we saw this week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/us/politics/sessions-limits-consent-decrees.html
Dude you live in an alternate reality. NYT is a propaganda rag. They've been caught on fact checks so many times I've lost count. At this point if they were to ba categorized they would be found under fiction.

Looks like heart disease to me.
So we have too many cops on the streets, we don’t need TSA regardless of the fact that the biggest attack against America was done through the airlines, hitting a cop in the face with a brick is okay and rioting, looting and burning buildings is acceptable behavior? Any chance of you being taken seriously has been thrown out the window.

Joe Biden even if mentally functioning is the problem. He's a chameleon. Says what he needs to to get elected and follows through on nothing. Trump may rub people the wrong way with the way he fights back. It seems childish at times but at least he fights for what he and the people who voted for him believe in instead of cowering like people in is position on the right have done for decades. He's followed through or is trying to follow through on every campaign promise. Name another politician who can claim that.

Every campaign promise? Really?

Drain the swamp - Trump filled every cabinet position with a corporatist
Hillary in prison - Na
Border wall - does some new fencing count?
Strong economy - ~40 mil unemployed

Hasnt fulfilled a single god damn thing IMO.

Last edited:
So we have too many cops on the streets, we don’t need TSA regardless of the fact that the biggest attack against America was done through the airlines, hitting a cop in the face with a brick is okay and rioting, looting and burning buildings is acceptable behavior? Any chance of you being taken seriously has been thrown out the window.

Most people on this board stopped taking BS seriously years ago when it comes to non-basketball issues. Smart basketball guy but a total kook when it comes to most other topics. Flat out unhinged and full of hatred.

Hillary in prison - Na

40 million are unemployed only because the governors decided to shut everything down using "public health" as an excuse, knowing it would damage Trump's image.

Prior to the virus, the US economy was as strong as it ever was.

Most people on this board stopped taking BS seriously years ago when it comes to non-basketball issues. Smart basketball guy but a total kook when it comes to most other topics. Flat out unhinged and full of hatred.
Smart basketball guy? LMAO. Fire the coach, fire the AD.

Reactions: HALL85
Smart basketball guy? LMAO. Fire the coach, fire the AD.

I don't recall him posting that. He's often had good takes on hoops around the nation and is certainly a passionate Hall fan. But when it comes to other things it's like he has multiple personalities. Totally different.

Just my two cents. These types of underlying racial issues all seem to occur at the local policing level. There are cities like Minneapolis, who have had numerous problems and I’m certain there are many cities that do a great job of policing without any issues. Why is this portrayed as a national issue, when local police are under the purview of the mayors, council and police leadership and union in that city?

Minneapolis has had so many cases that the mayor hired a new commissioner to create change. It’s also one of the most progressive cities which strikes me as odd that the community and leadership would not address police brutality, since they have it in their power.

Why is this the states or federal governments responsibility? What actions can either or both take, when the problem is at the community level?

Hillary in prison - Na

This is an ignorant response. The economy was at all time highs with record low unemployment before we foolishly shut it down for a virus. The 40 million unemployed all happened in the past 8 weeks. The wall is actively being constructed. You don't hear about any more caravans do ya. Filling the cabinet with corporatist is exactly draining the swamp removing career politicians. I was disappointed that Clinton wasn't prosecuted however many of crooked Obama's admin are about to face the music so I'm happy about that.

Incredibly stupid for the U of Minn to do something this, you reap what you sow. The police are overwhelmingly a positive force spoiled by a few bad apples which are present in all professions.

And destroying your city over this shows a real lack of intelligence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT