ADVERTISEMENT

University of Minnesota to limit ties with Minneapolis police after George Floyd's death

What does that have to do with anything we're talking about? I'm giving you MY opinions.

This is the problem in America today. People like you (and many in the media) try to politicize everything and pit people against each other on the basis of race/class/income, what have you, instead of coming together.
I would wager that at least 19 out of 20 people would tell you if you asked that 1), it was sickening to watch the video the cops need to be arrested and charged. Those same 19 people would tell you that the rioters/looters should also be arrested and charged. But we know that's not how it works. The MSM and politicians would prefer to present that America is divided on these two issues. I wonder why.

They tried peacefully kneeling during sports events and everybody lost their minds and didn't listen, and said that wasn't the way to do protest. Now this happens after happening thousands of times all over the country and people are saying they should protest peacefully. What the heck do people expect to happen when the same garbage keeps happening over and over again and nothing changes?

John Oliver had a wonderful piece on his show a few years back on the military surplus equipment act that allows for this, and how much local/county/state law enforcement agencies have stocked up on fancy toys as a result. White suburbia Middletown, NJ has an MRAP vehicle from this. They were questioned on it and their justification was something to the extent of "We thought it would be cool to have one after Hurricane Sandy to drive through flooded streets, so we applied for the heck of it and we got one."

This is going to get worse. Way worse from all sides. Buckle your seatbelts, this is going to make Rodney King look like sparklers in a backyard on July 4.
And what part of that military surplus was on the victim’s neck? The cop was an asshole. He has been fired and will be charged criminally. My prayers go out to the victim’s family. The system is actually working as designed. Even though the cop is scum he still has Due process rights.
As for the military surplus equipment, it is rarely ever used by police. During hurricanes, riots etc.

I would wager that at least 19 out of 20 people would tell you if you asked that 1), it was sickening to watch the video the cops need to be arrested and charged. Those same 19 people would tell you that the rioters/looters should also be arrested and charged. But we know that's not how it works. The MSM and politicians would prefer to present that America is divided on these two issues. I wonder why.
I agree with every bit of you post except the 19/20 part. I have yet to find anyone that is not sickened by the actions of the officer and inactions of the others.

What was your opinion on Kaepernick's (or the NBA players) peaceful protests in regards to police murdering unarmed black men during the National Anthem?

Many people on this board were absolutely brutal to Kaepernick calling him entitled and spoiled and saying that athletes should just shut up and play sports. Hope you weren't one of them.

Kaepernick and his buddies can protest whenever they want, outside of company time, aka an NFL game.

disgusting POS... those that steal are subject to being shot and murdered what type of country do we live in? disgusting.

Looting= murder? that is insane.

A big part of the problem is that hiring standards have been lowered to make the departments more diverse. What actually happens is less qualified white males that would normally be skipped over get the job.
I wish your parents raised you better.

Yes it's everyone's right to go loot and steal from others. Maybe they can start at your house first and well see if you change your tune?
There is a punishment for running a red light, a punishment for j-walking, a punishment for speeding, a punishment for looting, a punishment for counterfiet $10 bill and none of those punishments are death.

Do you agree or disagree?

Yes it's everyone's right to go loot and steal from others. Maybe they can start at your house first and well see if you change your tune?
I've been robbed. I wanted my stuff back and some small punishment (fmaybe a fine, Community service, something else?) but never murder. How can you call yourself a christian and think that the punishment for looting should be murder?

Looting is a crime but not all crime should be met with a death sentence.

Last edited:
I've been robbed. I wanted my stuff back and some small punishment (fmaybe a fine, Community service, something else?) but never murder. How can you call yourself a christian and think that the punishment for looting should be murder?

He didn't say killed. He said shot, you can shoot someone in the leg, shoot someone with paintballs, etc, but that's beside the point. The city is being torched, it's nobodies right to burn and loot. What the punishment should be is not my call but are people supposed to stand by while the city is burned and private property looted? How long are supposed to stand by and watch some lowlife destroy their livelihood? If someone tried to come on my property to loot and burn they would face the consequences.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
He didn't say killed. He said shot, you can shoot someone in the leg, shoot someone with paintballs, etc, but that's beside the point. The city is being torched, it's nobodies right to burn and loot. What the punishment should be is not my call but are people supposed to stand by while the city is burned and private property looted? How long are supposed to stand by and watch some lowlife destroy their livelihood? If someone tried to come on my property to loot and burn they would face the consequences.
lmao. you're really walking the line between shoot and kill. I think even you know that's ridiculous (paint ball gun, you really think Trump meant cops put your real guns down and start shooting these looters with paint ball guns? stop it. you have to be smarter than that)

Alright tough guy.

lmao. you're really walking the line between shoot and kill. I think even you know that's ridiculous (paint ball gun, stop it).

Alright tough guy.

There's nothing tough about it. I work for a living, I don't steal and loot, and nobody is going to steal from me. Keep supporting lowlifes buddy. It amazes me how a rogue cop who did a terrible thing enables people to destroy and act like animals.

There's nothing tough about it. I work for a living, I don't steal and loot, and nobody is going to steal from me. Keep supporting lowlifes buddy. It amazes me how a rogue cop who did a terrible thing enables people to destroy and act like animals.
As do I, a crime is a crime. The punishment is not always death or as you call it being shot in a graceful manner.

I wish your parents raised you better.
Affirmative Action: the practice or policy of favoring individuals belonging to groups known to have been discriminated against previously. With affirmative action standards were lowered. Perhaps that is how an asshole like the murdering cop was able to get his job, because the standards were lowered. I did not come up with Affirmative Action nor do I agree with it. It is racist in its form and demeaning to those it was designed to “help”. Somehow because I stated facts, my parents did a bad job? Then you puffed up your fingers and became a tough guy hiding behind your keyboard and resorted to name calling which was either deleted by you or worse, removed by a moderator.

A rogue cop. You are in denial. There wasn't just one cop there. 3 others inches and feet away that could have stopped their bad apple from murdering a human life and they did nothing. Institutional racism.

As do I, a crime is a crime. The punishment is not always death or as you call it being shot in a graceful manner.

I would support whatever the government did if it was my shop being looted and then burned.

Full disclosure I think Trump is a blowhard whose shown some really bad tendencies as president, but he has nothing to do with the situation.

Affirmative Action: the practice or policy of favoring individuals belonging to groups known to have been discriminated against previously. With affirmative action standards were lowered. Perhaps that is how an asshole like the murdering cop was able to get his job, because the standards were lowered. I did not come up with Affirmative Action nor do I agree with it. It is racist in its form and demeaning to those it was designed to “help”. Somehow because I stated facts, my parents did a bad job? Then you puffed up your fingers and became a tough guy hiding behind your keyboard and resorted to name calling which was either deleted by you or worse, removed by a moderator.
I agree. Legacy plans of white kids that get into their parents alma maters whereas they wouldn't have qualified otherwise is the original affirmative action.

A rogue cop. You are in denial. There wasn't just one cop there. 3 others inches and feet away that could have stopped their bad apple from murdering a human life and they did nothing. Institutional racism.

I am sure there are racists cops, I wouldn't call it institutional racism. The police chief is African American, is he driving the racism in the Minn PD?

I would support whatever the government did if it was my shop being looted and then burned.

Full disclosure I think Trump is a blowhard whose shown some really bad tendencies as president, but he has nothing to do with the situation.
That is insane. Immediate death isn't even given to pedophiles but it should be for looters and arsonists?

I am sure there are racists cops, I wouldn't call it institutional racism. The police chief is African American, is he driving the racism in the Minn PD?
Can you acknowledge that institutional racism is an actual real thing? I'm being serious, I'm just trying to understand where you're at on the spectrum.

Reactions: JRSlim2284
That is insane. Immediate death isn't even given to pedophiles but it should be for looters and arsonists?

You like putting words in my mouth. I never claimed anyone should be put to death. I said I would support whatever the government did if it was my shop being looted and burned.

I agree. Legacy plans of white kids that get into their parents alma maters whereas they wouldn't have qualified otherwise is the original affirmative action.
The legacy plans are wrong as well. See what happens when you have dialog like an adult Instead of resorting to name calling and insults? You may actually be able to come to a common ground and make some positive change.

Reactions: shu09
Oh you got it bad. There is no sense for me to try to educate you... I wish you and your family well. Stay safe. Go Pirates!

Can you point some examples out?

Fyi, MPD police chief is African American, as one one of the officers in the incident, as well as an Asian officer. Are they all racists?

I would love examples here to educate what I am missing.

Also, affirmative action seems institutionally racist but to raise up a certain race.

The legacy plans are wrong as well. See what happens when you have dialog like an adult Instead of resorting to name calling and insults? You may actually be able to come to a common ground and make some positive change.
But legacies they still happen. Nepotism (check out the trump family) still happens. Hiring of people we're 'comfortable' with still happens. Therefore, the advantages of white people are YUGE. But the minute someone tries to level the playing field a little white people lose their mind over affirmative action.

I don't understand your logic that more qualified white people are passed over for less qualified white people because of affirmative action.

The whole idea of affirmative action and "diversity" in employment decisions has always irked me. It is code for taking less qualified people for positions that others may be more qualified for.

When you're making a hiring decision, it should be about finding the best person for the job, not meeting a quota based on race. I want the most qualified person for the job whether he or she is black, white, latino, asian, native american or anything else.

The upshot of the story was that the helos were sitting in a hanger unused. So I guess the cost per flight hour was cheap because it was zero use.

And you would be wrong again.

If you’re gonna try to be critical of the city, you gotta do more than rely on some click bait articles that are misleading and are written by someone with zero aviation knowledge.

Back to reasonable conversation - Derek Chauvin is charged with 3rd degree murder and manslaughter. Ongoing investigation into the other three officers. I bet this will evolve into a manslaughter conviction for sure. From a legal standpoint I would be interested in hearing from some of the attorneys on the board what will it take for the 3rd degree murder charge to stick.

Reactions: HALL85 and SHUMatt
The whole idea of affirmative action and "diversity" in employment decisions has always irked me. It is code for taking less qualified people for positions that others may be more qualified for.

When you're making a hiring decision, it should be about finding the best person for the job, not meeting a quota based on race. I want the most qualified person for the job whether he or she is black, white, latino, asian, native american or anything else.
it's not code for take less qualified people. It's code for leveling the playing field. It's code for rich old white guys appears to only be hiring white men, maybe sometimes less qualified white men then white women, or people of color, etc.

The tweet seems to have vanished... I cannot find it... The protestors in Charlottesville were White Supremacists and he used the phrase "very fine people" in reaction to the chaos in Charlottesville.

Why did he use the term "thugs" when talking about the chaos in Minnesota? Wonder why he didn't use the phrase "very fine people".
Obama called those in the Baltimore riots thugs as well. Please explain the difference.

Reactions: shu09 and SHUMatt
I don't understand your logic that more qualified white people are passed over for less qualified white people because of affirmative action.[/QUOTE]
Please show me where I said more qualified white people get passed over for less qualified white people. The qualified people will still get hired. With the standards lowered (needing a 60 instead of and 80) just to pass a test and move on to the next phase of the hiring process the less qualified person ( the one who scored a 60) now can get hired. A lot of police departments had a college degree as a prerequisite for the job. That was some how deemed easiest and had to be dropped. Also lowered were things that may have brought up red flags in background check (prior arrests for minor offenses), physical standards were lowered as well. Did you see the dad build on the murdering cop? Perhaps if they still had annual physical tests a more fit officer would not had to resort to kneeling on a suspect’s neck to gain compliance, a smarter officer would know never to kneel on a suspect’s neck. It blocks their airway so they can’t breathe.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I don't understand your logic that more qualified white people are passed over for less qualified white people because of affirmative action.
Please show me where I said more qualified white people get passed over for less qualified white people. The qualified people will still get hired. With the standards lowered (needing a 60 instead of and 80) just to pass a test and move on to the next phase of the hiring process the less qualified person ( the one who scored a 60) now can get hired. A lot of police departments had a college degree as a prerequisite for the job. That was some how deemed racist and had to be dropped. Also lowered were things that may have brought up red flags in background check (prior arrests for minor offenses), physical standards were lowered as well. Did you see the dad build on the murdering cop? Perhaps if they still had annual physical tests a more fit officer would not had to resort to kneeling on a suspect’s neck to gain compliance, a smarter officer would know never to kneel on a suspect’s neck. It blocks their airway so they can’t breathe

Last edited:
Please show me where I said more qualified white people get passed over for less qualified white people. The qualified people will still get hired. With the standards lowered (needing a 60 instead of and 80) just to pass a test and move on to the next phase of the hiring process the less qualified person ( the one who scored a 60) now can get hired. A lot of police departments had a college degree as a prerequisite for the job. That was some how deemed racist and had to be dropped. Also lowered were things that may have brought up red flags in background check (prior arrests for minor offenses), physical standards were lowered as well. Did you see the dad build on the murdering cop? Perhaps if they still had annual physical tests a more fit officer would not had to resort to kneeling on a suspect’s neck to gain compliance, a smarter officer would know never to kneel on a suspect’s neck. It blocks their airway so they can’t breathe
huh?...perhaps if their wasn't affirmative action and therefore if they still had annual physical tests this cop would have realized he was kneeling on the throat of a black man. So this guy wasn't dumb he was just out of shape and didn't realize that not breathing kills a man. Interesting logic there.

A smarter officer would have known that if you kneel on a man's neck for 10 minutes it would have killed him? Do you honestly think that the murderer kneeled on his neck for 10 minutes bc he got a 60 instead of an 80 on a test. You sir are all of the words I'm thinking about you but won't type.

huh?...perhaps if their wasn't affirmative action and therefore if they still had annual physical tests this cop would have realized he was kneeling on the throat of a black man. So this guy wasn't dumb he was just out of shape and didn't realize that not breathing kills a man. Interesting logic there.

A smarter officer would have known that if you kneel on a man's neck for 10 minutes it would have killed him? Do you honestly think that the murderer kneeled on his neck for 10 minutes bc he got a 60 instead of an 80 on a test. You sir are all of the words I'm thinking about you but won't type.
I'd love for you to read what you just wrote to our basketball team. If you have the courage to type it, send that weak bs to MP.

Reactions: JRSlim2284
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT