ADVERTISEMENT

Updated women's bracektology

geesh, I guess we know what folks think of the BE on the womens side with an 8/9 seed. Any chance they can move up to the 6 range? Is the RPI of the BE on the womens side that bad??

Gotta get out of that 8-9 game somehow. 6 or 7 seed would be so much better. Win the BETourney. Then you have the Reg Season and the Tournament to show - would hope that would get em out of that slot.

Originally posted by dcPirate:
geesh, I guess we know what folks think of the BE on the womens side with an 8/9 seed. Any chance they can move up to the 6 range? Is the RPI of the BE on the womens side that bad??
Our non-conference schedule looked great on paper prior to the season, but slipped dramatically. That, and the Big East not being good this year, crushed the RPI for us and DePaul. Penn State, West Virginia, Georgia, and Illinois all had worse seasons than anticipated and most likely none of them will make the NCAA Tournament. WVU has a very slim shot, but is likely on the outside looking in.

Originally posted by dcPirate:
Yes, and unless this guy is way off with his projection and the committee has a different take, at this point of the year there's not much fluidity to the order of the teams.

There's such a lack of parity in the women's game the 8 vs 9 and 7 vs 10 spots are really bad to fall into. Much, much worse than in the men's tournament.

Great season for the ladies. Hoping for a win tonight and a couple more in tournament. Excellent progress even if that does not occur. Congrats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT