Gold Member
Jan 8, 2020
Up in the clouds
#3 Kansas loses to UCF 65-60
#5 Tennessee loses Mississippi St. 77-72
#9 Oklahoma loses to TCU 80-71
In our own conference, #11 Marquette loses to Butler 69-62
and finally #21 Clemson loses to Virginia Tech 87-72

Not to mention #4 UConn and #13 Memphis cut it pretty close tonight.

I wonder if this huge victory for Butler will cause them to sleep on us, and thus creating a trap/letdown game. We can only hope.

Butler can score and that game just got harder. Marquette is struggling right now..More chances for Q1 wins for SHU coming up.

But makes Seton Hall’s win over Marquette less impressive and drops NET one spot to 75.
For now, yes. I’d be surprised if Marquette doesn’t figure it out when all is said and done and remain top-30 NET. Butler I’m not sure.

Two nice chances next week at home vs SJU and Creighton. The better chance will be SJU I believe. If The Hall can even go 8-7 before MSG I think they are a solid Bubble Team or better. Barring serious injury the best possible chances for wins broken down into groups:
A) DePaul, Gtown, @Depaul. Those are the Minefield games.
B) Xavier,Providence, Butler. Tough but hopefully 2 of3.
C) SJU, Creighton, Villanova. Very tough home games. Need 1 if not 2. Excellent chance for Quad 1 wins
D) @ Butler, @ SJU. Bad time to be going to Butler. @ SJU always close.
E) @ Marquette, @ Creighton, @ Villanova. 1 of 3 would be outstanding. Could seal the deal.
F) @ UConn. Doubtful.

Not to mention #4 UConn and #13 Memphis cut it pretty close tonight.
Meh, we were up by double digits before Hurley decided to burn clock with four minutes to go.

I'm looking at every game as a survive and advance kind of a thing until Clingan gets back. I'm not really worried about style points or margin of victory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT