ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova situation…..

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
I’m sure many here will not be shedding any tears, but Nova program could be headed in free fall situation given announcements of transfers,

I think they have some good HS recruits coming in, but Neptune is in over his head and a likely ugly situation is going to occur between the Alum and the administration.

Nova carried the conference to a large extent post the transition from the Football school exodus. Need to keep everyone respectable.

They’re going to take a dive. How much and for how long? Who knows. They had talent this past season. Dixon was great. Unfortunately Moore couldn’t fully overcome his injuries. No one else was consistent enough. All the high priced transfers are leaving. And Neptune couldn’t bring it together.

Was Neptune really the right choice with one year head coaching experience at Fordham? Was it even fair to him to bring him in. But it appears Jay wanted to keep the band together, how many years has Nardi been there? In any event I would think that Neptune will have to show better than 10-10 in the BE to keep his job with that spoiled fan base. Just my opinion.

Reactions: shupat08
Maybe I’m being naive, but isn’t everyone losing players to the portal? Doesn’t seem to just be a Villanova problem.
Yes. And Villanova is going to be just fine. They'll adjust. The way Jay did things is like what every other coach in America did prior to two years ago - no longer fully relevant. But with Neptune, at least they maintain the larger philosophy and lineage ... and Jay's backing. I'm fully confident they'll navigate these growing pains and stay strong. And not, then it's all the more opportunity for Seton Hall.

Villanova is not the school I would worry about. There are issues with Neptune but they have historically been able to course correct.

They had enough talent on that roster this year to be much better than the were- regardless of Moore not being a dominant player.

He was a bad hire to begin with. One more season and he’s gone, then we’ll be back to worrying about Nova

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Would love to see Armstrong at SHU. Would hate to see Hausen at Uconn, they’re in contact with him and he’d fit them perfectly.
He’s a good shooter, but he’s a big step down from Spencer.

His best game of the year was against us. Shot the ball well at 38% from 3 and averaged 6 points per game. If this is UConn’s big splash. I’ll take it

He’s a good shooter, but he’s a big step down from Spencer.

His best game of the year was against us. Shot the ball well at 38% from 3 and averaged 6 points per game. If this is UConn’s big splash. I’ll take it
Agreed on Spencer. His potential was visible though (on decent minutes at best). Can only benefit from a Hurley offense. I’d be shocked if he’s their only transfer land

Another concern about Neptune….Villanova really wanted Essendoko from SJU. Apparently, NIL wasn’t the issue. A Philly kid at a big five school didn’t want to play for VU. Problemo…

Another concern about Neptune….Villanova really wanted Essendoko from SJU. Apparently, NIL wasn’t the issue. A Philly kid at a big five school didn’t want to play for VU. Problemo…
He was committed to Providence before Cooley bolted. And he's from France, so it's not like he's steeped in the Big 5 and cheesesteaks. He probably just took advantage of his second chance to go where he originally wanted to go. I don't see this one as a referendum on Villanova.

He was committed to Providence before Cooley bolted. And he's from France, so it's not like he's steeped in the Big 5 and cheesesteaks. He probably just took advantage of his second chance to go where he originally wanted to go. I don't see this one as a referendum on Villanova.
Likely helps that Kim English just took an A10 big and made him one of the top bigs in the league this year. Easy story to sell

He has handlers in Philly and not saying they tampered, but felt they were in good shape. Now that could be a little VU arrogance but the collective feels Neptune fell short on this one. With this much money flying around the finger pointing gets more serious.

The problem for English is going to be the fan base-after all Villa's recent success, it figures that they are not going to be very patient
On Mark Armstrong, as regards Seton Hall, if Kadari in fact moves on, Mark would obviously be a perfect fit for us. The only thing is, there will probably be significant comp for his services

• Haha
The problem for English is going to be the fan base-after all Villa's recent success, it figures that they are not going to be very patient
On Mark Armstrong, as regards Seton Hall, if Kadari in fact moves on, Mark would obviously be a perfect fit for us. The only thing is, there will probably be significant comp for his services
What about Maryland for Armstrong; I know Willard and team recruited him pretty hard when here.

Armstrong declared for the draft.

He shows flashes, was somewhat better late in the season but very inconsistent. Maybe just trying to get some feedback.

Reactions: LBP43
English is not at Villanova.

He's no Kadary. Not even close. K was first team all
BE. If he moves on, need someone much better to tutor our next star Felton.

He's no Kadary. Not even close. K was first team all
BE. If he moves on, need someone much better to tutor our next star Felton.
He’s no senior year, 22 year old Kadary. But he is going into his junior. Compare their first two seasons and pedigrees and it isn’t so dissimilar. I would gladly take junior year Armstrong to be our PG.

Nova will not have bankroll they had last year. Neptune has lost the support of many backers.
The money is still there, but some of the donors are holding back if that makes sense.

Now Bamba enters the portal, jeez

And Villanova was considered to have a high end NIL.

Now Bamba enters the portal, jeez

And Villanova was considered to have a high end NIL.
Nova has a ton of NIL and it is fairly well run -- Bamba just never seemed to meld ( I thought he was going to be great)

Reactions: dehere23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT