ADVERTISEMENT

Wachtel on The Hall

We beat Connecticut and Marquette at home, should’ve beaten Creighton in regulation yet lost in 3OT. On the road those 3 took us apart by 30, 18, and 21 respectively. Crazy bipolar.

Villanova beat us by 24 at their place.

We beat Connecticut and Marquette at home, should’ve beaten Creighton in regulation yet lost in 3OT. On the road those 3 took us apart by 30, 18, and 21 respectively. Crazy bipolar.

Our guys need a top notch Mental performance coach.

Reactions: mbraue
Our guys need a top notch Mental performance coach.
Yeah I like all the “I have you In “ stuff, but we have to earn it.

Have to come out and attack that Nova game…. Play smart. Excess turnovers, which we do all the time, have to be controlled. As well lazy passes.

We saw about 6-8 of those today. Not good.

Those are the four best teams in the BE besides us. That's four BE road losses by better than 23 points.

Add in Baylor and that's five losses by 22 points a game.

And that's not even the worst part of our resume.

Showing you can't compete against NCAA quality teams on the road is a good way to get left out on Selection Sunday.

Those are the four best teams in the BE besides us. That's four BE road losses by better than 23 points.

Add in Baylor and that's five losses by 22 points a game.

And that's not even the worst part of our resume.

Showing you can't compete against NCAA quality teams on the road is a good way to get left out on Selection Sunday.
UConn may be top seed
Marquette and Creighton protected seeds
Baylor as well I imagine.
Those are not just tourney teams.

We did split with Providence
Swept St John's
Swept Butler

Nova?

Reactions: chickenbox
Amazing how SJU has surged after where we left them. Two Q1 wins by double digits will do that for you. Life on the Bubble.

They play at DePaul tomorrow and then Georgetown at home to wrap up. They are going to be 19-12, 11-9. Their NET today is #39. Can they do enough to get to 30 or better? That would make our home win over them Q1 so when all this is said and done our final profile gets another bonus.

Amazing how SJU has surged after where we left them. Two Q1 wins by double digits will do that for you. Life on the Bubble.
Last week, before their latest surge (and our performances against Creighton and UCONN), I said St. John's was better than Seton Hall despite the results of our games - something kenpom and other metrics clearly indicated. I was called "laughable." What a difference a week makes.

Reactions: Piratz and shu09
BS Why have the BE regular season,we are going to end up better than SJU in the conference standings and we beat SJU twice. We beat UConn,Marquette and we're two bad calls from Creighton. In a Providence game that Richmond missed we lost by 3 points. This is a common logical way to look at the situation.

Reactions: hallwins
BS Why have the BE regular season,we are going to end up better than SJU in the conference standings and we beat SJU twice. We beat UConn,Marquette and we're two bad calls from Creighton. In a Providence game that Richmond missed we lost by 3 points. This is a common logical way to look at the situation.
But it’s not BS.

Teams lose because of bad calls all the time. At the end of the day we have two superior wins and a couple other decent wins (@ Providence, SJU (2), @ Butler)

Your season is a total of 30+ games, not just the handful you want to highlight.

If we finish 12-8 in the BE, 7 of our wins will have come against the bottom 4 teams in the final conference standings (assuming SJU wins out). They are most likely going to be on the wrong side of the bubble heading into the BET.

Let’s say the BET was at a neutral site. How many coaches would say that they would prefer to play St. John’s over SHU in their first game?

Reactions: 60au9
Last week, before their latest surge (and our performances against Creighton and UCONN), I said St. John's was better than Seton Hall despite the results of our games - something kenpom and other metrics clearly indicated. I was called "laughable." What a difference a week makes.
The numbers don’t ever lie. Our metrics have been shaky bc we’ve put a lot more shaky games out there than these other teams. SHU team has a dark side. I mean we’ve gotten our asses kicked how many times? Other teams aren’t getting their doors blown off this frequently over 29 games.

We’re a weird team. A mixed bag. That’s the Bubble.

We have one last chance now to prove we belong.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the Hall could finished tied for 2nd in the conference with Creighton and Marquette?

It's statistically possible at this point. All at 13-7

Marquette plays home to UConn and at Xavier without Kolek

Creighton finishes home to Nova.

The Hall destroys DePaul Saturday.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the Hall could finished tied for 2nd in the conference with Creighton and Marquette?

It's statistically possible at this point. All at 13-7

Marquette plays home to UConn and at Xavier without Kolek

Creighton finishes home to Nova.

The Hall destroys DePaul Saturday.
I think the best we can do is 3rd place. Yes?

The numbers don’t ever lie. Our metrics have been shaky bc we’ve put a lot more shaky games out there than these other teams. SHU team has a dark side. I mean we’ve gotten our asses kicked how many times? Other teams aren’t getting their doors blown off this frequently over 29 games.

We’re a weird team. A mixed bag. That’s the Bubble.

We have one last chance now to prove we belong.
but the numbers do lie. SHU is on their way to 13 wins in the big east. nothing about our metrics support that. is there any realm a 13 BE win team gets left out of the tournament?

Reactions: Gohall129
No. But there is probably not another BE team that ever made the dance with that many wins and our OOC.

I saw some statistic that only 2 BE schools with winning conference records and at least 19 wins did not make the tournament.

but the numbers do lie. SHU is on their way to 13 wins in the big east. nothing about our metrics support that. is there any realm a 13 BE win team gets left out of the tournament?
We are a crazy team man. We came into the night with an even point differential in the BE yet we’re somehow 4 games over .500.

Now 5! I’ll take it! Gritty team.

What's the tiebreaker for a three way tie?

And If Creighton wins then it could be a 2 way tie for 3rd with Marquette.

Too tired to look it up.

No we arent. If Marquette loses tonight and Saturday and we win Saturday, we would have the tie breaker against them, having beaten UConn
Guess fox got it wrong. They showed the BEtourney bracket and said UCONN AN SHU only teams locked in at 1 and 4

Not quite. If Marquette loses tonight and Saturday, plus Creighton and Seton Hall win Saturday, then it's CU 2, SH 3, MU 4.

If we didn’t blow the OT game then the second seed would have been determined by a coin flip

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT