ADVERTISEMENT

Wachtel on The Hall

What's the tiebreaker for a three way tie?

And If Creighton wins then it could be a 2 way tie for 3rd with Marquette.

Too tired to look it up.
The tiebreaker for more than two teams is a mini-conference.

Creighton would be 3-1, Marquette 2-2 and Seton Hall 1-3. They would be two, three and four respectively.

If, for the sake of discussion, the three teams remain tied, they would go to best league win.

We are locked into the 4 seed

The tiebreaker for more than two teams is a mini-conference.

Creighton would be 3-1, Marquette 2-2 and Seton Hall 1-3. They would be two, three and four respectively.

If, for the sake of discussion, the three teams remain tied, they would go to best league win.
I thought they do the mini conference to determine if one team stands out.

And then it goes back to head to head tie breaker for the remaining two teams.

Is that not correct?

Reactions: shupat08
As I posted on another thread…

Texas A&M had a 6 point win at home vs NET 33

Seton hall 10 point win at home vs NET 25
Are there any other data considered besides home/away, NET ranking of opponent, and margin of victory? This would make it seem so, but I don't know enough about it to say.

As I posted on another thread…

Texas A&M had a 6 point win at home vs NET 33

Seton hall 10 point win at home vs NET 25
There’s really no difference in the movement between the teams.

Remember that the rating number is one thing relative to SHU and the rank is relative to every other school.

It’s possible that SHU‘s rating improved more than Texas A&M’s number last night, but that Texas A&M was able to jump more teams because of its neighborhood in the standings.

Remember that the rating number is one thing relative to SHU and the rank is relative to every other school.

It’s possible that SHU‘s rating improved more than Texas A&M’s number last night, but that Texas A&M was able to jump more teams because of its neighborhood in the standings.
That actually makes good sense in answer to my question above your post.

But how is a quad 2 win more valuable to the NET and movement than a quad 1 win?

Reactions: catholicman
But how is a quad 2 win more valuable to the NET and movement than a quad 1 win?
Because again, it’s two separate things.

1-The Rating
2-The Standing

It’s entirely possible that SHU improved its rating more than Texas A&M did last night, but that Texas A&M was able to jump six spots in comparison to SHU jumping four.

Reactions: SHUSource
Because again, it’s two separate things.

1-The Rating
2-The Standing

It’s entirely possible that SHU improved its rating more than Texas A&M did last night, but that Texas A&M was able to jump six spots in comparison to SHU jumping four.
Possible. Not definitive. Doesn’t justify any bit of logic what so ever

But it’s not BS.

Teams lose because of bad calls all the time. At the end of the day we have two superior wins and a couple other decent wins (@ Providence, SJU (2), @ Butler)

Your season is a total of 30+ games, not just the handful you want to highlight.

If we finish 12-8 in the BE, 7 of our wins will have come against the bottom 4 teams in the final conference standings (assuming SJU wins out). They are most likely going to be on the wrong side of the bubble heading into the BET.

Let’s say the BET was at a neutral site. How many coaches would say that they would prefer to play St. John’s over SHU in their first game?
The same coaches that had SHU 9th and SJU 5th?

Possible. Not definitive. Doesn’t justify any bit of logic what so ever
Sure it does. Here's an example.

Let's say Texas A&M. Had a NET score (not ranking) of 750 entering the game. The win improves their score to 775. The updated total allows their ranking to climb from 55 to 49 because there was only a difference over 25 NET points between those six places.

Now, say Seton Hall had a NET score of 625 prior to last night's game. With the win it moves to 665. If the No. 62 team, Xavier, has a NET score of 668, then Seton Hall is going to slot in behind them.

In this example Seton Hall had a larger score increase but because there was a larger variance in their area of the ranking, their positional jump was smaller.

The ranking has to be based on something. We don't know what the actual NET value scores are. But I can tell you, this kind of thing is not unusual at all.

Also as a 3 your first game is against the winner of the 9:30 pm game from the night before who should be somewhat tired
I’ll take the 4th seed (2:30 Thursday) vs. 9:00pm Thursday night against a metric killing lower seed.

I’ll take the 4th seed (2:30 Thursday) vs. 9:00pm Thursday night against a metric killing lower seed.
I’d rather take the win as the 3 than a possible loss in first round 4 v5.

I think at this point committe will give more weight to advancing in your conf tourney than metrics. It would not look to good getting knocked out in first round

I’d rather take the win as the 3 than a possible loss in first round 4 v5.

I think at this point committe will give more weight to advancing in your conf tourney than metrics. It would not look to good getting knocked out in first round
The 5 and 6 seeds are trending to most likely be SJU and Nova
neither would be a metric killer. Both would be Quad 1 games.

First round loss I believe they do. What you do after that not so much unless you win it all

First round loss mattees if you're in that last one or two teams in or out of the field. That's not us.

If we win tonight we're a lock. I'm hoping we get an 11 seed but not in thr First 4. It's a much better chance to make noise than the 10 seed with a 2 looming.

First round loss mattees if you're in that last one or two teams in or out of the field. That's not us.

If we win tonight we're a lock. I'm hoping we get an 11 seed but not in thr First 4. It's a much better chance to make noise than the 10 seed with a 2 looming.
Is 12 seed still the seed with most upsets historically?

Just want to get out of the range of bid stealers....

So, let's win tonight, and get at least that first game next week....and that should effectively secure us a bid, even if it turns out to be a wild week in the mid major conferences...

Reactions: NittanyPirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT