ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Taking on DePaul for the Championship Thread

Dial Into FS 1 or WSOU via the IheartRadio App or 89.7 FM on the air or streaming live!

Let's keep this thread at the top. Forget the MBB loser stream, cheer for winners, GO HALL!!!

Right now DePaul has opened up with a 10-2 run. DePaul is playing for extreme vengeance. But let us be clear, there are at least a couple of thousand DePaul fans there. It is a stacked house, home game for DePaul. We have done it before, have to do it a gainn, the hard way.

Not good at all.

We look worn down and DePaul looks energetic.

One of the announcers is an ex Depaul player, then they are playing on their home court.

Agree. But they have ten times the fans versus the previous games, so we have to see if we can survive the massive punch and begin to change the dynamics.

Originally posted by Flnj86:
One of the announcers is an ex Depaul player, then they are playing on their home court.
Yeah, and openly rooting for them. Wish she would STFU!

We have to settle down and play Pirate basketball!
This post was edited on 3/10 8:23 PM by SHUisNJsTeam

31-19 at the under 8. DePaul just getting the shots. What I want to see is a shift to get their key players in foul trouble.

A good announcer is impartial to either team, this announcer is openly pulling for DePaul and making listening to the game very annoying- I thought the BE Conference was better than this, they could not find better announcers!

Team needs to get it to single digits by halftime and they will have a decent shot to comeback. Doubt DePaul continues to shoot at this high percentage in the second half.

Originally posted by Jerry1992:
Team needs to get it to single digits by halftime and they will have a decent shot to comeback. Doubt DePaul continues to shoot at this high percentage in the second half.
Agree Jerry.

Originally posted by TheBluePirate:

Originally posted by Jerry1992:
Agree Jerry.
DePaul has to cool off and we need to settle down and play Pirate basketball. Never count our girls out!

Agree. Just want to see our patented charge. Again, I am looking for us to be within four if possible.

Already cooling off. Got a feeling this one will be decided in the last couple of minutes. Down 6 is not bad, considering DePaul was hot for the first 16 minutes.

We had the steal but TRS sort of bobbled it and DePaul scored on the other end. Down 6 at the half, certainly not insurmountable, especially for this group. Coach Bozzella will make the necessary adjustments and have the team ready to go and ready to win.

Leaving 3-point shooters wide open time after time, way too much one-on-one play, and they're taking difficult shots. Those are the bad habits that got them in trouble throughout the season. It's a really bad time to revert.

At least they are close. Let's hope they can manage an adjustment and a run in the second half. I also hope they do some pressing.

All things considered they could be down by 20 instead of six.

Go Pirates!

+1 to what 400 said... Wish we were down 2 instead, but down 6 the way we came out is not bad at all. This could be a 15+ point game right now.

Great effort by this team the shots are not falling. Their D is pretty good other than leaving the 3 pt shooters open. They've turned them over quite a bit but blowing it on the offensive end missing so many layups. Looks like a few of them lost their legs. One more half and you know they will leave it all on the court.

Fortunately, they can be a great defensive team. If they win, that's how they'll probably do it.

8-0 run for DePaul. Damn, they are just hungrier. This will hurt our seeding in a big way.

Originally posted by 400SOAVE:
112, it's not the legs. They led the nation in missing lay-ups.
I agree with this, not the legs, the will.

it is almost impossible to beat a closely matched team three times in a row. I feared this as a natural letdown, not a physical letdown.

disappointing so far.

Pisses me off, they are such a better team than this.
Sad. I feel bad for them, they are better than this, much better. Hopefully Coach has some trick up his sleeve.

Started the game down 15-3, then DePaul started the 2nd half on a 13-2 run. Is it not the Coach's responsibility to have the players ready to go at the start of the game and coming out of half time.

Originally posted by SHUisNJsTeam:

Pisses me off, they are such a better team than this.
Sad. I feel bad for them, they are better than this, much better. Hopefully Coach has some trick up his sleeve.
This is a learning game I guess. Sometimes nothing you do works. My take is you will see them fight to the last second.

Not playing well tonight. Still time but need to make a run to get it to single digits by under 8 minute timeout.

This post was edited on 3/10 9:23 PM by Jerry1992

DePaul getting a good whistle. They are allowed to hold us like crazy and no call. Home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT