ADVERTISEMENT

Weed legal in NJ

Posted a link to a study above.
Honestly though, of all the issues we talk about on this board, this is probably the one I care the least about and legally in NJ the issue is settled.
Didn’t see links sorry/thanks

Marujuana should be legal. Anyone that disputes it just has a stick up their ass. And no I don't smoke or use it. Marijuana use is already so wide spread. It has been proven time and time again, that sin crimes just do not work. Whether it is drugs, gambling, alcohol and prostitution. You would be shocked at how many professionals use it to calm them down after a long day at work. People would rather smoke pot than take prescriptive medicine for pain. Hall85 already talked about the benefits of taking away money from the drug cartels. And a true discussion about legalizing all drugs needs to be talked about. Without the need for a huge law enforcement in drug enforcement, lots of money can be saved and be diverted to treatment and educational needs.Also, the medicinal uses of mushrooms and LSD are now being revealed as a real help for patients with dementia.

With regard to DWI, if a person's eyes are glassy and their speech is impaired, that should be enough for a field sobriety test. If the person fails the field sobriety test, DWI can be sustained just by those observations which would be captured hopefully on a body cam. A blood test shows active metabolites in the system for up to 6 hours. Will it be more difficult to prove? yes. But it really is nothing new than what is going on now.

However, I have to take a closer look at this bill. I have been hearing some thing with regards to underage and the restrictions on law enforcement that may have gone too far.

However, I have to take a closer look at this bill. I have been hearing some thing with regards to underage and the restrictions on law enforcement that may have gone too far.

I think many would agree with you. The "will of the people" was for legalization. This bill, however, threatens POLICE with prosecution for charging those who are underage by using the telltale signs of usage (of drugs and alcohol), and prevents them from contacting parents in cases where they find an open container or paraphernalia.

Typical NJ. Garner support for one thing, take almost 3 years to get it done, then ram this social justice bullshit through at the 11th hour in the run up to Murphy's re-election run.

Reactions: Merge
No. The globe is warming.
Texas being cold today is not contradictory to that statement.

The earth was once covered with ice. In order for the ice to melt the globe had to warm. Most likely the globe was warming before any fossil fuels were being used. To think we’re just going to stop the globe from warming now that it’s at an ideal temperature for our lives is crazy in my opinion.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09
The earth was once covered with ice. In order for the ice to melt the globe had to warm. Most likely the globe was warming before any fossil fuels were being used. To think we’re just going to stop the globe from warming now that it’s at an ideal temperature for our lives is crazy in my opinion.

Yep. The belief that we can do anything about global warming is the height of human arrogance.

Reactions: SHUMA04
The view that we can treat the planet however we want with no repercussions whatsoever is a far more arrogant take.
The hypocrisy of legalizing marijuana, private jets, cigarettes, and the million other things while calling for taking better care of the planet is the most absurd thing going. I’m all for taking better care of the planet but don’t have a group of people tell me what I’m doing wrong while that group is doing ten times worse than I am.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09

Won’t ever stay perfect. But why not try to limit our impact?

The view that we can treat the planet however we want with no repercussions whatsoever is a far more arrogant take.

Nice deflection, didn't even address my point. Must be because you know it's true.

Nice deflection, didn't even address my point. Must be because you know it's true.

I do believe we have the ability to slow down the rate of warming.

As with most things, I say err on the side of caution.

I do believe we have the ability to slow down the rate of warming.

As with most things, I say err on the side of caution.

As with most things, I don't. I guess that's our fundamental disagreement.

Won’t ever stay perfect. But why not try to limit our impact?
The comedy is we’re talking about this in a legalizing marijuana in NJ thread. There is no way, shape, or form that legalizing marijuana in NJ and how it will be grown in NJ will help the planet. If you care about the planet and limiting the impact this should be a travesty in your eyes.

Reactions: SHUMA04
The comedy is we’re talking about this in a legalizing marijuana in NJ thread. There is no way, shape, or form that legalizing marijuana in NJ and how it will be grown in NJ will help the planet. If you care about the planet and limiting the impact this should be a travesty in your eyes.

I can't also want them to establish more energy efficient ways to grow it?
Actually would be very beneficial if that is something they figure out since vertical farming is really still in it's infancy as well.

I can't also want them to establish more energy efficient ways to grow it?
Actually would be very beneficial if that is something they figure out since vertical farming is really still in it's infancy as well.
Just my opinion. The most basic way to grow the plant is best. Anything created by man is probably worse than natures way. I’m not one who goes crazy on these things but I find it funny that my views like growing it the way nature intended is probably better for the plant than what climate change proponents want.

Just my opinion. The most basic way to grow the plant is best. Anything created by man is probably worse than natures way. I’m not one who goes crazy on these things but I find it funny that my views like growing it the way nature intended is probably better for the plant than what climate change proponents want.
this couldnt be more false ask any farmer in history. mans way has grown crops a whole lot better

this couldnt be more false ask any farmer in history. mans way has grown crops a whole lot better
Man just has more disease than any time in history too. The soil isn’t as good and the vitamins and minerals in the crops are fewer than they used to be.

Last edited:

Hard disagree with that. You think we can feed hundreds of millions of people in this country without the advancements from man?

Hard disagree with that. You think we can feed hundreds of millions of people in this country without the advancements from man?
I think we would have a lot more farmers and less unemployment that’s for sure. But I guess you’re not overly concerned with the destruction of the earths soil and maybe that impact on global warming.

I think we would have a lot more farmers and less unemployment that’s for sure. But I guess you’re not overly concerned with the destruction of the earths soil and maybe that impact on global warming.

Yeah... if only humans would die at 40 like they did hundreds of years ago. Then we could have more nutrient dense foods.

If we solve a food shortage problem with better farming methods, that's good. If those farming methods create issues with soil, I am all for figuring out methods which will make the soil more nutrient dense.

I am pro-advancement.

Yeah... if only humans would die at 40 like they did hundreds of years ago. Then we could have more nutrient dense foods.

If we solve a food shortage problem with better farming methods, that's good. If those farming methods create issues with soil, I am all for figuring out methods which will make the soil more nutrient dense.

I am pro-advancement.
That’s cool. So am I. But I’m not saying save the earth, limit our impact, and praising mans advancement in farming at the same time. They kind of don’t go together if you follow the science.

Man just has more disease than any time in history too. The soil isn’t as good and the vitamins and minerals in the crops are fewer than they used to be.
this could be said since the beginning of time. "advanced" farming techniques have been going on since man discovered maize. probably what got us this far. now we have the ability to figure out how to help the soil too

this could be said since the beginning of time. "advanced" farming techniques have been going on since man discovered maize. probably what got us this far. now we have the ability to figure out how to help the soil too
I won't disagree, but I'll come full circle here, the techniques that will be used to grow marijuana in NJ will be another obstacle for those extremely passionate about climate change and limiting our damage to the environment. I really don't think that is debatable.

I won't disagree, but I'll come full circle here, the techniques that will be used to grow marijuana in NJ will be another obstacle for those extremely passionate about climate change and limiting our damage to the environment. I really don't think that is debatable.
thats fair. almost like we have to live with a balance.

It's funny how recreational marijuana is legal in NJ, but you can't actually buy it. At least, that's how I know things work other there. My friend who lives in NJ would always see his family in Canada and buy seeds from there and bring them back to NJ and grow them himself. It's kind of a pain in the ass that he always has to travel back and forth to get the seeds. Anyways, he's actually quite happy with those he buys from https://farmerslabseeds.com/marijuana-seeds-quebec/buy-cannabis-seeds-montreal-qc/. I don't know if this is legal, like traveling with cannabis seeds from Canada to America? Do any of you know cause I'm kinda scared for him doing all this, ha-ha!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT