ADVERTISEMENT

While Everyone is Tripping over themselves to give Angel a pass...

Well, the point is he is gone...at 23 he was kind of boxed in. Unfortunately had he come back as a 4th year senior and 24yo, his chance of being a first round NBA pick off not being invited to the combine in his junior year were nil. I wish we had planned better for this happening but as I have been saying for the past too many years to count, this is what goes on here: we get close to the return to glory but it slips away. Just like when IW left, we have a hole to fill with no filler and another so so year. Yes so so, one and done is not a resume enhancer for the school.

Are you saying that making the tourney for 2 straight years is so-so? After losing whitehead?

The class of IW, AD, KC, & DR will now be remembered as what if...

It has been quite disappointing the way it has worked out

What if what? Do you remember where this program was a before they arrived? 2 conective NCAA's and a BET title is a big improvement, as is paving the way for the improved recruiting.

They're not done yet either.

Yes, not winning an NCAA game (yet) is disappointing, but they have done a lot for this program.

Assuming Delgado is gone, I will always wonder "what if" personally even if they did help (thankfully) finally turn the program around...

Selfishly, classes like that one rarely ever happen at The Hall. The Amaker class imploded the first year with Griffin/Shine had issues (among other things) but obviously Barrett and MTE were great 4 years players.

"What if" Whitehead came back this year?

"What if" Delgado doesn't come back?

Just because they turned things around doesn't personally stop me from wondering "what if". It's fruitless, but not absurd to think that way.

Reactions: mjs429
If you have players like IW and Angel on your roster the possibility always exists that they won't stay for 4 years and that they'll leave early for the pros whether it be the NBA or a career overseas . With IW his leaving after his sophomore year became more of a probability rather then a possibility as the season played out. With Angel given the numbers he put up it became more likely that taking into consideration his age , the potential for injury and the view that staying another year would not enhance his NBA chances played a part in his decision to leave. Yet what continues to puzzle me is why we don't have players ready to fill the void left by those departures given the real possibility of them leaving.

Reactions: Piratz
If you have players like IW and Angel on your roster the possibility always exists that they won't stay for 4 years and that they'll leave early for the pros whether it be the NBA or a career overseas . With IW his leaving after his sophomore year became more of a probability rather then a possibility as the season played out. With Angel given the numbers he put up it became more likely that taking into consideration his age , the potential for injury and the view that staying another year would not enhance his NBA chances played a part in his decision to leave. Yet what continues to puzzle me is why we don't have players ready to fill the void left by those departures given the real possibility of them leaving.

In a perfect world we'd be a revolving door of players to the caliber of Whitehead and Delgado. Of course, if that was the case we'd be Duke or Michigan State, lol. I agree, that's the goal, we're just not there yet. The recruiting class this year shows signs of longer term improvement in that area.

The problem most are having with the thought process is that those variables did not change on May 10th from March 17th.

Reactions: mjs429

Extremely disappointing. Disappointing beyond belief. All they did was end a 10 year absence from the tournament. All they did was win the 1st big east title in 23 years. All they did was bring us to back to back tournaments for the first time in 23 years. They could have disappointed another group of fans. Why us? LOL

I hope it doesn't take another 23 years to get a class like that again. I'm very grateful they chose to attend SHU and wish those that stayed 4 years continued success and those that went to find other opportunities nothing but the best every step of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT