ADVERTISEMENT

White Smoke on Campus - New Prez

Last thing a lot of these posts are all about who he is as a person and what’s he’s accomplished in the church that’s all amazing.

But what about the education and fundraising part? You see where I am going? I wish him all the best and same for the Pirates but in paper I think it’s a a mistake. Excited to be wrong.
Fundraising is job 1. The provost is solid imo and academics are her responsibility. Reporting to the Prexy of course. He does have a doctorate in academic administration from Fordham. So he’s more than seminary.

Last edited:
He seems like a great guy, certainly has the catholic thing covered. No idea if he can run the school but give him a chance and we'll find out.

I do wish, however, that I had a dollar for every time I've heard on here and elsewhere that Seton Hall has made an excellent hire.

None of us know the plan either. We have some very capable people running the University now between Passerini and Lyons and more. Msgr Reilly will determine where he focuses his time and its very possible others will take some duties too. I'm sure they have a plan. Fingers crossed its a great hire and SHU gets back on its feet. Hazard Zet Forward!

As the leader of organization, 90% of fundraising is being comfortable in the room and following the script for an ask. If we don’t have it, he should surround himself with a strong development person that can execute a strategy and tap into the president when he needs to make those calls.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
None of us know the plan either. We have some very capable people running the University now between Passerini and Lyons and more. Msgr Reilly will determine where he focuses his time and its very possible others will take some duties too. I'm sure they have a plan. Fingers crossed its a great hire and SHU gets back on its feet. Hazard Zet Forward!
I have heard amazing things about Passerini let’s hope she gets a raise and stays.

Reactions: Section112
Where is your pirate pride?
I was happy to see the news of the new President and wish him well. I had no problem with the original announcement. This thread has become annoyingly repetitive with the same posters posting their dislike for the Catholic Church again and again, just using different verbiage to say the same thing. That part of the discussion belongs elsewhere IMHO.

I was happy to see the news of the new President and wish him well. I had no problem with the original announcement. This thread has become annoyingly repetitive with the same posters posting their dislike for the Catholic Church again and again, just using different verbiage to say the same thing. That part of the discussion belongs elsewhere IMHO.
Ok. That's reasonable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT