ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Still no feel for the team and even less for St Peter's but.....

Seton Hall 79
St Peter's 58

Like HallDan, I have no clue about what this team is going to be or could be. Too many unknowns. Need a scorecard to get to know the players, let alone evaluate their game. Sign of the times in this NIL/Portal Era. I see a lot things I like but it is a work in progress. St. Peter's was decimated. I say 25 point win as Sha takes his foot of the gas.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I say 25 point win as Sha takes his foot of the gas.
And to me that's a major factor. Holloway says this is just another game. I'm not buying that and it will be interesting to see if late with a big lead how he handles the rotation.

Reactions: CT Pirate
I would expect the end of the bench players to get minutes in the game. Negligible benefit to running up the score, and to do so to a school who gave you a head coaching job would not be perceived well.

Reactions: LBP43
They should play this game as if St Peters is a big east opponent. Don't take foot off the gas as it causes them to be lazy and create turnovers. The buy games is where you start to build good habits that you carry over into competitive games. They should be boxing out, diving for loose balls and cherishing the bball on each possession. Not to mention cashing in on free throws. Hall by 30

IMO, unless the walkons get extended minutes, our end of the bench is not much of a drop off from the starters. I am not certain yet that our starters are at the level of starters here in years past. But the second five healthy kids all can play imo and extended time for them doesnt make me feel a lead is going to suffer.

Reactions: HALL85 and Halldan1
St. Peter's has a freshman named Corey Washington who is 6'6" 185 and had 18 and 5 in his debut against NJIT. Didn't miss a field goal attempt (5-5 from the field, 8-10 on FTs). Interesting thing about him is that he was high school teammates with 5 star recruits Nick Smith Jr (Arkansas) and Kel'el Ware (Oregon). He's one to watch and imo will be playing for a high major team next season.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I would expect the end of the bench players to get minutes in the game. Negligible benefit to running up the score, and to do so to a school who gave you a head coaching job would not be perceived well.
With injuries and excluding the walk-ons, we're a 10-man team. That's our rotation and the priority is developing their play as a unit. We are stepping up in class after this and there will be less time to experiment with more consequences from here on out.

I don't consider a 25-30 point win against a SPU running up the score. I expect a similar game to Wednesday night and if that's the case, the walk-on's won't get run until the last couple of minutes. If we look smoother than Wednesday or if the gap is much larger, the walk-ons will get in at the last media timeout.

The Hall by 15 as SH’s 3 point shooting woes continue.
Funny hallgrad80 , I am going with the Hall by 15 because I believe this Team may be best 3 point shooters collectively that we have seen in a real long time

Seton Hall 79, St. Peter's 56
Attendance 10,481
I’ll go simple…the Hall by 18 I don’t believe Sha will run it up…but the talent differential should be enough for this.
More importantly, I want to see the freshmen like Tae Davis continue to look good.

Define end of the bench. We have 3 out indefinitely and all 10 got burn last game. Not sure there is an end of the bench other than walk ons, who got a 2 minute showing Wednesday.

They shot 8 for 23 the other night … 34 percent is not spectacular, but certainly reasonable.
And I believe they were around 42% until some garbage time missed, but I could be wrong. Not sure exactly at what point in the second I saw that 42%.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
Define end of the bench. We have 3 out indefinitely and all 10 got burn last game. Not sure there is an end of the bench other than walk ons, who got a 2 minute showing Wednesday.
Basically we’re talking Yetna. Harris wasn’t expecting minutes working back from injury (best case) and AB is an insurance policy. 10 guys will get time until Yetna comes back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT