ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Expect a high scoring affair. As for the score????

SHU 84
FDU 71

We are not a high octane team, even against lesser opponents. More deliberate that will keep the score down.

72-60 SHU

Reactions: shupat08
High scoring? I don't think we will have any high scoring games this year.

We win by 10-15. We score about 70 points.

Reactions: HALL85
We need to keep teams in the 55-65 area every night if we want to win ball games. Running up and down trying to keep up the scoring will not end well. Winning with defense is the Seton Hall way. 57 - 70 Hall.

Surprised so many think an open high scoring affair is not to our benefit.

Also, give scores to be eligible for the KUDO Award. LOL

Spreads will not count.

Reactions: Duego Duck
Surprised so many think an open high scoring affair is not to our benefit.

Also, give scores to be eligible for the KUDO Award. LOL

Spreads will not count.

Dan, I'm not sure we CAN have open high scoring affairs unless we expect the main 4 to all score 20 points. EHE and Bediako against NJIT and SPU haven't shown any scoring prowess and who on our bench can score?

Could be. But I expect a lot of possessions in this game and that should inflate the score.

At this early point in the season I can’t see us putting big numbers on the scoreboard and the game against FDU closer then many think. It’s SH 66 - FDU 59.

As I noted in another thread, Jo Smith went for 19 points and 19 rebounds for Buffalo in its opener against FDU. Either he added an "e" to his first name and has become the second coming of his namesake or FDU doesn't have a lot up front.

I'm of the mind that we will struggle to score regardless of the tempo. I do think a faster tempo may help the bench players get into a better flow. I'm also concerned that we may not be as strong a defensive team as we were a year ago.

I'm looking at a 75-63 win.

18.5 point line O/U 146.5 ?? Hate big lines at Walsh
Will take the OVER -- Hall 78 - FDU 70 :oops:

Doesn’t help that they don’t practice there.
Hopefully they were able to get a few days in this week

Reactions: catholicman
Start off with urgency and then keep it up. Don't play to the crowd if you go up early and let FDU back into the game.

There will be a lot of possessions and FDU who plays small will try and get easy quick baskets off their defense.

Will be interesting to see how Sha uses his 14 foot center in this game.

Often Willard would counter what the opposition did as opposed to forcing the opponent to match up to our strengths. Now Sha will probably have to make that decision with Bediako and EHE.

Reactions: catholicman
+18.5 is a gift, even if you are the biggest Seton Hall fan out there, that is wayyyy tooo fat for FDU who is no pushover

• Haha
Reactions: mzadnik
Hate playing at Walsh. Never seem to play well there.
I think the same radecicco -- I have watched Games at Walsh since the 60s and spread the myth that it was a great "Pit" fo opposing Teams. On reflection , I do not remember many "great "wins /upsets( lately in particular ) does anyone? I know KW hated playing anyone at Walsh.

I think the same radecicco -- I have watched Games at Walsh since the 60s and spread the myth that it was a great "Pit" fo opposing Teams. On reflection , I do not remember many "great "wins /upsets( lately in particular ) does anyone? I know KW hated playing anyone at Walsh.
Considering we stopped playing Big East games there in 1985 and didn't play any OOC games there between 2000-2012 it's been awhile since we've played anybody notable there.

You'd probably have to go back to RU in 1988 and Fordham (at the time a solid program and a game we lost) in 1989 for a name opponent with the exception of the SJU game a couple of years back.

Reactions: LBP43
Great wins? No. But several spectacular near misses, the best being St. Bonaventure with Bob Lanier when our center was 6-4. If I remember, OT. If not, very close. My personal best memory at Walsh was the University of Detroit with Charlie North and Dave DeBusschere. I was a kid but I never such range in my life. I think one of them went pro.

Reactions: Seton75 and LBP43
Considering we stopped playing Big East games there in 1985 and didn't play any OOC games there between 2000-2012 it's been awhile since we've played anybody notable there.

You'd probably have to go back to RU in 1988 and Fordham (at the time a solid program and a game we lost) in 1989 for a name opponent with the exception of the SJU game a couple of years back.
Syracuse when Howard McNeill blocked Marty Headd's jumper after Matt Picchinic hit the go ahead jumper. RIP Matt.

Also, Nova loss after Sir John Collins tip in was wiped off as after the buzzer.

Reactions: LBP43
First Big East game ever was played in Walsh. Seton Hall v. BC. Tied at half time. BC rolled on us in second half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT