ADVERTISEMENT

Will Biden And Schumer Now Condemn Protests At Justices Homes

That's correct. It's his opinion, not a conspiracy theory. You disagree with his opinion - that's fine, but know what is and isn't a conspiracy theory.

A conspiracy theory is something along the lines of the attacker and Mr. Pelosi were gay lovers and the police are covering it up.
Thanks for dumbing this down for him, but what he also fails to recognize is that my comment about getting the information after the election was done tongue in cheek.

That's correct. It's his opinion, not a conspiracy theory. You disagree with his opinion - that's fine, but know what is and isn't a conspiracy theory.

A conspiracy theory is something along the lines of the attacker and Mr. Pelosi were gay lovers and the police are covering it up.

Hence, the "facts" about them being gay lovers and a police cover up wouldn't come out until after midterms. He also stated "there is more to the story".

Thanks for dumbing this down for him, but what he also fails to recognize is that my comment about getting the information after the election was done tongue in cheek.

Everytime you're called out for things you write you have an excuse (like sarcasm). How about just own that you fell for the innuendo that was put out there.

Hence, the "facts" about them being gay lovers and a police cover up wouldn't come out until after midterms. He also stated "there is more to the story".
There's more to every story. It's almost 24 months since January 6th and there's more to that story every day it seems. There's going to be more to this story which is still rather new. That's not a conspiracy theory.

At least get your "facts" right. Did I mention anything about gay lovers and police cover-up? My comments were directed at the DA and Police Chief reporting events differently (which they later corrected) and NBC reports of the third person. You're really not that bright if you can't follow something that simple....but then again....

• Haha
Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
This one is still pretty fresh.

Let's see who condemns and who cheers.

Going after kids crosses a dangerous line.

Reactions: HALL85
This one is still pretty fresh.

Let's see who condemns and who cheers.

Going after kids crosses a dangerous line.

This is wrong. The perpetrator should be found, charged and sent away for a long time.

That was easy.

Reactions: Pirata
This is wrong. The perpetrator should be found, charged and sent away for a long time.

That was easy.

Do you condemn the Democratic Party for promoting dangerous rhetoric, division and an atmosphere of confrontation that might lead to violence? Because that's what the media does when the situation is reversed. This was an attack on our democracy!

Reactions: Pirata
Do you condemn the Democratic Party for promoting dangerous rhetoric, division and an atmosphere of confrontation that might lead to violence? Because that's what the media does when the situation is reversed.

Yes... absolutely, like when I said last week that we need to figure out a way to turn the temperature down because this is going to continue to happen on both sides because people are crazy.
This is not a one side problem.

Yes... absolutely, like when I said last week that we need to figure out a way to turn the temperature down because this is going to continue to happen on both sides because people are crazy.
This is not a one side problem.

Agreed, but the question wasn't directed at you.

Do you condemn the Democratic Party for promoting dangerous rhetoric, division and an atmosphere of confrontation that might lead to violence? Because that's what the media does when the situation is reversed. This was an attack on our democracy!

Yes, anyone who promotes violence. I'm not sure what point you think you're making.

Just making sure you aren't a hypocrite.

Ha I've been pretty clear on this for both political parties. However, There are plenty on here that have remained silent about Pelosi attack, maybe you should check with them.

Yes, anyone who promotes violence. I'm not sure what point you think you're making.
I think the point that he's making is that people are trying to assign the cause of this to political rhetoric when the root of the problem is mental illness.

In this case the mentally ill person happened to have posted a lot of extreme right-wing nonsense. Some believe that if the right wing rhetoric was not there that this wouldn't have happened. Well this specific incident may not have happened this mentally ill person likely would have done something else to another person based on the same insane motivations.

We give way too much credence to the reasoning power of severely mentally ill people.

Son of Sam derived his motivation from a dog. Should we now blame dogs for the son of Sam murders?

Last edited:
I think the point that he's making is that people are trying to assign the cause of this to political rhetoric when the route of the problem is mental illness.

In this case the mentally ill person happened to have posted a lot of extreme right-wing nonsense. Some believe that if the right wing rhetoric was not there that this wouldn't have happened. Well this specific incident may not have happened this mentally ill person likely would have done something else to another person based on the same insane motivations.

We give way too much credence to the reasoning power of severely mentally ill people.

Son of Sam derived his motivation from a dog. Should we now blame dogs for the son of Sam murders?
If the dog actually did speak to David Berkowitz, perhaps your analogy would be more fitting. However, the dog did not speak to David Berkowitz. That was a delusion.

However, DePape heard and/or read right wing political conspiracy nonsense that he bought into that inspired him to commit this atrocious attack of an 82 yr old man and trying to break the knees of Nancy Pelosi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merge

Did he have a history of violence otherwise? Not sure why we would want to downplay the link here though.

Is it wrong to suggest that conspiracy theories and propaganda has been proven to be dangerous throughout history? If you saw his blog, you would see that this stuff consumed him fairly recently.

Just because he may be susceptible to the conspiracy theories doesn’t mean we just write him off as crazy. There are plenty of other crazy people out there who will buy right into this stuff. Democrats and republicans need to find a way to turn the temperature down there.

If the dog actually did speak to David Berkowitz, perhaps your analogy would be more fitting.
The analogy is fine.

The point is that mentality ill people are mentality ill. Sane people can process political rhetoric and not be urged to assault someone with hammer in their home.

Using the word "inspired" is not fitting.

"of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse."

Hardly applicable to to nut job with a hammer.

Last edited:
The point is that mentality ill people are mentality ill. Sane people can process political rhetoric and not be urged to assault someone with hammer in their home.

Well as long as it’s only the people with mental illness…

Apparently they will not be releasing the police cam video, which would provide some clarity. In addition, it shouldn’t be released but the other names on his hit list would give an indication to the conspirators.

The analogy is fine.

Using the word "inspired" is not fitting.

"of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse."

Hardly applicable to to nut job with a hammer.
Ok, he was mentally Ill for years and it is just a coincidence that his first act of violence is to go after Nancy Pelosi. Clearly, political rhetoric had nothing to do with this guy’s actions. You convinced me with that great analogy.

Im sure your great experience in dealing with the mentally Ill and crime makes you an authority on this subject.

Apparently they will not be releasing the police cam video, which would provide some clarity. In addition, it shouldn’t be released but the other names on his hit list would give an indication to the conspirators.

No reason for releasing it at this point. He admitted what he did.
If it is helpful to his defense in any way, his attorney will use it and it will be released.

No reason for releasing it at this point. He admitted what he did.
If it is helpful to his defense in any way, his attorney will use it and it will be released.
Since he pled not guilty you would think that request will be coming.

Ok, he was mentally Ill for years and it is just a coincidence that his first act of violence is to go after Nancy Pelosi. Clearly, political rhetoric had nothing to do with this guy’s actions. You convinced me with that great analogy.

Im sure your great experience in dealing with the mentally Ill and crime makes you an authority on this subject.

I will meet your snarky reply with equal, perhaps more direct insult.

Your obtuseness is obvious. Your reading comprehension is weak.

You quoted a portion of my post and left out the context.

No where did I say that political rhetoric had nothing to do with it.

What I did say was that mental illness was the primary case.

I posted this article in Biden thread. It pretty much states the point I made here. Interesting that it is from the New Yorker, a left leaning pollution.

If you don't agree, that's fine. Just don't be a douche about it.

Last edited:
Clyburn obviously knows very little about Hitler's rise to power and what he did upon becoming Chancellor.

Most people haven't read a lick about what Hitler did prior to World War II after becoming Chancellor.

He ordered the assassinations of any tough ranking military officers. He also required the senior military leadership to swear oaths of loyalty to him as opposed to loyalty to the Republic. Given that so many generals were assassinated the remaining generals had little choice but to take the oath.

So if you take Clyburn literally he is suggesting that the Republicans will begin assassinating our Generals. Of course no reasonable individual would conclude that.

The question I ask is what does he mean even if it is figurative?

What actual things happened during the Nazi regime that he expects to happen if Republicans are elected?

I cannot imagine he could supply a cogent response to that question.

Given that Merge knows what everybody is thinking and what motivates them, hopefully he will enlighten us.

Right. Exactly. Democrats and republicans need to tone down the rhetoric including those nonsense comments from Clyburn.

Now assume these comments take off. Over the next few years conspiracy theory sites start popping up showing “evidence” that right wing politicians are planning to become full fledged nazi’s, (as well as other absurd conspiracies that they buy into) and a mass of leftist nuts start to take it too seriously and they try to prevent a transfer of power to a republicans president, they storm the capital. And another guy who bought into all of the conspiracies tries to attack the Republican speak of the house in their home.

You still gonna wonder what motivates the guy?

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Given that Merge knows what everybody is thinking and what motivates them, hopefully he will enlighten us.

Well, this one is fairly easy. He is motivated by politics and said something absurd because he thinks it will convince people to vote for democrats.

Right. Exactly. Democrats and republicans need to tone down the rhetoric including those nonsense comments from Clyburn.

Now assume these comments take off. Over the next few years conspiracy theory sites start popping up showing “evidence” that right wing politicians are planning to become full fledged nazi’s, (as well as other absurd conspiracies that they buy into) and a mass of leftist nuts start to take it too seriously and they try to prevent a transfer of power to a republicans president, they storm the capital. And another guy who bought into all of the conspiracies tries to attack the Republican speak of the house in their home.

You still gonna wonder what motivates the guy?
Anything is possible but making a conspiracy theory going from point A to Z with a bunch of assumptions to fit the narrative is just that, a conspiracy theory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT