ADVERTISEMENT

Women Make Big Comeback to Beat Marist

I can't really speak for Ann's recruiting outside of Tabitha and DiDi... But Tony has brought in Bird Gordon (top 100 HS player), Daisha Simmons (A-A out of HS), Shakena Richardson (A-A out of HS and drafted by WNBA), Jordan Mosley (top 100 HS player), Tiff Jones (65th best player in HS) and Aleesha Powell... All starters or key reserves for the past few years under Tony. Many of his players got us into the NCAAs over the past few years.

And I believe last year only 1 of Ann's players graduated (Tabitha). And the year before only 1 of Ann's players graduated (DiDi). The rest of the graduates (if my memory is correct, however, I've only been following the program for 2 years before this season) have been graduate xfers or xfers brought in by Tony.

Tony's Frosh will be an amazing group for the next 3 years. And he has the #1 recruiting class in the BE for 2017.

Tony is awesome.
Simmons was a Mangina recruit.

And many of Donovan's recruits copped a major attitude with Bozzella. Within two years, several were gone or asked to take their BS elsewhere. One was the top rebounder in the conference.

As for Donovan, I just think she did not come in with the right mentality. She had to know she was going to go through 2-3 brutal seasons. I don't think she was prepared for the losing. She had players who had trouble finishing layups.

Let's not forget that Donovan competed in the old BE which was the undisputed top conference for women's basketball. Had she stayed, I believe she would have steadily improved.

Of course, I love that we ended up with an alumnus who is doing a great job.

Reactions: TheBluePirate
Two things.

The NCAA did give in slightly as they originally wanted to suspend the ladies as a group for the first three games.

The violation as I noted was minor and the 4 players were not aware of the rule. To have them miss 3 games each given what I know it borderline absurd.

Reactions: TheBluePirate
Two things.

The NCAA did give in slightly as they originally wanted to suspend the ladies as a group for the first three games.

The violation as I noted was minor and the 4 players were not aware of the rule. To have them miss 3 games each given what I know it borderline absurd.

Based on what I know, I completely agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT