ADVERTISEMENT

Year is Young but maybe the best piece of sports journalism thus far

It is a great, very detailed article. Describes some great times and has some visuals from the past & present of the place. Really brings the aura of White Eagle to life.

I lived down the street from White Eagle for 8 years and have seen the insane "growth" (read: gentrification, of which I was a part of, and gross overdevelopment of condos instead of actual neighborhood homes for people, of which I was not) of downtown JC.

I'm not an expert, but I can't see this venue doing well if they are going to stay strictly on the high art side of things. Maybe I'm off, but booking dance, opera, classical, etc acts does not take advantage of the location at all. By booking that stuff, you're not going after the massive influx of young people in JC/Hoboken, and instead creating another venue to compete with NJPac, BergenPAC and all the high art venues in the city.

I think these people need to link up with a real promoter and book real shows: indie, rock, metal, electronic, hip hop etc. Take advantage of the tons of people moving there that can get to a Jersey venue for their music within walking distance or a short, cheap Uber ride without having to get to Manhattan or Williamsburg/Greenpoint/Bushwick. They would find bookings on many more days of the week than modern dance would. They'd sell MUCH more alcohol. And it would be good for JC, as it would have its own serious venue for shows, making it more of a destination than it already is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT