ADVERTISEMENT

Your Favorite SHU Walk-on since 1975. Who is it?

Brian Campbell on the 1999-2000 team. Remember everyone in the arena wanting him to shoot and score whenever he got in.

Scored 1 point on a ft in his 10 appearances.

Yablonski was pretty good. He was a contributor. He was better some of our current scholarship players.

Was Spencer Bryant a walk on ? If yes I pick him, helped SHU get Mark Bryant who was the player that really started the modern Seton Hall resurgence.

Would love to see Mark Bryant's number retired, will never forget the absolute monster game vs Nova that sealed the deal late in the 87/88 year.

38 pts for Mark, we destroyed Nova. That was the first day I thought SHU finally arrived after all the years of doubt. I said to myself that day...... We made it, be one of the top 4/5 teams in the big east, the sky is the limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seton75
Yablonski. Warner fusell's call on him was awesome---"Yabo from 3!!!!!"

Jose Rebimbas. Leading out the great '89 Pirate Team from the locker room. Favorite memory is his ~1 minute of playing time in the final four vs Duke. Favorite moment because PJ had cleared the bench as we were kicking Duke's blue-chip arse.

Sean Grennan lmao maybe my least favorite player/person in history of any sport haha

Yablonski was pretty good. He was a contributor. He was better some of our current scholarship players.
Yablonski was a staple in the Seton Hall intramural hoops league (maybe just his freshman/sophomore year.) Then all of a sudden the one day you hear the dude made the team. It surprised everyone - he had a lot of guts going for it.

Soup!!!! Wasn't Matt Cajuste a walk on that played significant minutes at some point?

Reactions: SHUSource
Yablonski. Hard to beat his feistiness. Plus I wound up playing against him in a pick up game at the Rec center after he walked on. He gave this old grey hair NO quarter..... :)

Loved Dill though.. quite a young man.

Dill shot 50% from the field in his senior year....so he's got that going for him......which is nice.

My boy JY fo sure and will never forget the RU game at the RAC. I was feeding him passes in warm ups n he was drilling everything from deep. Glad he got to play n drop some bombs on RU. But I was boys with Chucky FAIRCHILD and Codey as well so they were ballers too. 3410B Cabrini for life!

Roger Kindel, king of taking a charge. Tough as nails. Walked on and earned a ship. Heard he is getting ready to retire.

Soup!!!! Wasn't Matt Cajuste a walk on that played significant minutes at some point?

Cajuste was another walk on that earned a schollie by the time he was a senior. He was apparently recruited by other lower bball schools but wanted to come to SHU if I remember correctly. :) Loved that he earned a scholarship.

Trying to remember the other walk on that overlapped with him, really short but a sharp shooter. I don't think it was Dill.

Yablonski was a staple in the Seton Hall intramural hoops league (maybe just his freshman/sophomore year.) Then all of a sudden the one day you hear the dude made the team. It surprised everyone - he had a lot of guts going for it.

Yep.. played against his "Wolves" squad many times.

I have to say Yablonski or else he'll kick my ass.

Number 2 is Finn Tracey, use to play in the JV games first, then sit on the Varsity bench.

Thanks LD, I wasn't trying to be mean just wasn't sure what IHM was talking about.

Maybe Spencer was a track guy, not sure. I do think it was another way PJ worked to get MB at the Hall.... Got it done.

All good.

Last edited:
LD, do u remember the other Columbia center we signed a few year before MB. He enrolled but unfortunately was a academic casualty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT