ADVERTISEMENT

And here it is...Whitehead named in Impermissible Benefits

Here is a dumb question

Who here thinks Andy Miller is the only agent who operates like this?

He's not. He's the one who got caught so far though. That's what always makes the difference. Only those truly naive don't see what goes on. It's just a matter of did you get caught enough to not be ignored by the NCAA or not?

For example, we were not caught enough to not be ignored by the NCAA when it came out that Derm Player was getting storage facilities for recruits. The NCAA ignored it. They won't be able to ignore this.

Chris Mack came out and made a quick comment denying any involvement on his behalf and his staff’s. Not to say Willard should be hasty with public comments, but where there’s silence......

Wow. Are we going to see a statement like this? Over/under?

It's hilarious that so many people on this board and even in this thread will quickly dump on other schools for doing much less severe things, but provide excuse after excuse when Seton Hall is implicated.

I love my alma mater, but I recognize that this is part of big time college basketball. I'm not naive enough to ignore the dots that can easily be connected in this case.
Particularly after a coach who can't recruit signs a transformational, job-saving class.

Chris Mack came out and made a quick comment denying any involvement on his behalf and his staff’s. Not to say Willard should be hasty with public comments, but where there’s silence......

Seton Hall made the right decision by issuance of the Press release. To make any further comment would be foolish. I am sure that KW and Pat Lyons have been advised/directed to make no comment pending the , at least, the internal investigation.

I don't agree unless it can be proven that Willard was involved. If Willard is dirty he should be fired on the spot.

I am glad that the FBI and not the NCAA is involved because there is a far greater chance that they will get the truth on this.

BTW, the post game tomorrow after the SJU tilt should be interesting. You know Willard is going to have to face questions. Let's see if he answers them or gives a no comment.

The NCAA will be more involved than the FBI in the player payments aspect, at least with respect to penalties. The FBI is primarily, if not exclusively, interested in crimes. The payments hit directly at the "impermissible benefits" section of NCAA rules and the related penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT