ADVERTISEMENT

April recruiting tweets

Yet many people are saying they are exactly that. You can't have it both ways. You can't pay them, give them W-2's or 1099s, and give them a scholarship at the same time. Pick one or the other. Most people these days seem to want to pick the former, which is sad.
Why not?

[/QUOTE]
When you see lists from players offering a group of many lower level D1 teams sprinkled in with maybe a major or two know that there's less than a small chance said major is really involved with the player.

They might have put out a feeler but rarely a serious one. Don't read into something that's not there.
Normally that’s true but it those cases you also see that high major listed with many high major recruits as well. Sadly that does not see to be the case for us currently and that’s not good…at all!

"The message from Maryland is basically that they want me to come. They showed me film on Sandro Mamukelashvili since it was his first year there. He’s on the Spurs now and that was my comparison."

You have to admit that it's kind of funny that many of us have been waiting a long time for a Seton Hall player to play well in the NBA to show recruits that we can get them to the next level, and now that it's happened it's being used as a recruiting tool against Seton Hall.

"The message from Maryland is basically that they want me to come. They showed me film on Sandro Mamukelashvili since it was his first year there. He’s on the Spurs now and that was my comparison."

You have to admit that it's kind of funny that many of us have been waiting a long time for a Seton Hall player to play well in the NBA to show recruits that we can get them to the next level, and now that it's happened it's being used as a recruiting tool against Seton Hall.
Someone should tell this kid that the guy who helped develop Mamu is now the head guy at NJIT!

No shot for us regardless

We are involved with many major players. You will be seeing results very soon. Since you are not a member of the Trove you are not privy to information being shared there.
Very soon is very subjective but I hope you’re right. Not feeling anything right now and it’s quite disappointing. We need to stop using NIL excuses and get the mid major kids we play against every year and say “wish that kid was here”.

Unfortunately, for various reasons, some legitimate, some we just lost out on said players we are now only involved with one of the players I referred to.

It's been a very bad last week or two for the Hall. NIL money is a major issue. We just don't have enough compared to our peers. This is not on Sha.

Unfortunately, for various reasons, some legitimate, some we just lost out on said players we are now only involved with one of the players I referred to.

It's been a very bad last week or two for the Hall. NIL money is a major issue. We just don't have enough compared to our peers. This is not on Sha.
Same story last 14 months.

Reactions: LBP43 and thehall07

Dan. Are we getting close but still not there or is the gap still significant?

So are we blaming the administration who have dragged their feet on doing anything and are largely clueless when it comes to fundraising or do we use the convenient excuse that the alumni are cheap that let’s the administration off the hook?

Dan. Are we getting close but still not there or is the gap still significant?
There are some very nice things in the works, but the situation must be worked out among certain parties. I am hoping that happens because clearly as I see it it's in the best interest of our program.

We are behind but under the right set of circumstance we will be on the proper path to compete with our peers. Hopefully that happens soon.

Stay tuned for info either way.

There are some very nice things in the works, but the situation must be worked out among certain parties. I am hoping that happens because clearly as I see it it's in the best interest of our program.

We are behind but under the right set of circumstance we will be on the proper path to compete with our peers. Hopefully that happens soon.

Stay tuned for info either way.
Not the most encouraging post but I’ll take it

I don’t understand how sha slides clean here. We knew other schools had more money. This isn’t a secret to anyone. Miami giving guys 400k per season LAST YEAR set the bar for this year.

Sha clearly doesn’t know how to navigate the landscape. The need for GM role is so blatantly obvious

I don’t understand how sha slides clean here. We knew other schools had more money. This isn’t a secret to anyone. Miami giving guys 400k per season LAST YEAR set the bar for this year.

Sha clearly doesn’t know how to navigate the landscape. The need for GM role is so blatantly obvious
What’s the old saying..:you can’t spend what you don’t have. If there’s no $$$ to pay, he can’t print it.

Would have been a boost if they gave us any information on the practice facility as well. They continually shoot themselves in the foot. Why!?
...as well as the turn that we stepped away from Posh after the Posh to the Hall news/rumor/expectation. The timing was just awful.

And how long will it take before we no longer have to rely on the Transfer Portal ? The Portal is here to stay IMO and every program has to accept that. Just as with pro sports where salaries always rise each year the demands for what it will cost to get the top freshman will grow every year unless caps are put in place , a difficult task to achieve .
That's the answer a cap system just like the "Pros"

Reactions: mbraue
Dan, I love everything you do for the board and your passion for SHU basketball but you are Captain Obvious with this post.

So are we blaming the administration who have dragged their feet on doing anything and are largely clueless when it comes to fundraising or do we use the convenient excuse that the alumni are cheap that let’s the administration off the hook?
How do you know what the administration's doing? Are you tracking their hours? Logging their calls? Counting their meetings with potential donors?

You call them clueless, but I bet they know a heck of a lot more than you.

I disagree. I love Sha and he is the right man for the job, but there is no way he can look anyone in the eye and say " I have done everything in my power to encourage fans to donate towards NIL." His last social media post regarding Hall Ball was probably in January. Is he 100% to blame absolutely not, but he could definitely do more.. Other coaches(Cooley, Pikell, Bruce Pearl to name a few) openly endorse their school's collectives consistently. You can't mention Hall Ball in January and expect people to just start making donations now. You need to be consistent. Has he personally reached out to season ticket holders and expressed his need for help? I haven't seen it. He should be blowing it up on his social media. He or one of his staff members/or Felt need to be at every big alumni event talking about NIL. Start with the Many are One gala.

To take it a step further unless I'm wrong I didn't see not one video from Holloway or a men's bball player encouraging people to donate towards the program or even the practice facility for Giving Day. If they can't take a few seconds to express the need for help how can you expect people to donate?

It sucks NIL is something he has to deal with but if he wants more money he has to be more aggressive and interact with the fan base and get some money. He has to be better in that regard. The definition of insanity is repeating the same things and expecting different results. He was ill prepared for NIL this whole year, what is he dong different this time around?

I disagree. I love Sha and he is the right man for the job, but there is no way he can look anyone in the eye and say " I have done everything in my power to encourage fans to donate towards NIL." His last social media post regarding Hall Ball was probably in January. Is he 100% to blame absolutely not, but he could definitely do more.. Other coaches(Cooley, Pikell, Bruce Pearl to name a few) openly endorse their school's collectives consistently. You can't mention Hall Ball in January and expect people to just start making donations now. You need to be consistent. Has he personally reached out to season ticket holders and expressed his need for help? I haven't seen it. He should be blowing it up on his social media. He or one of his staff members/or Felt need to be at every big alumni event talking about NIL. Start with the Many are One gala.

To take it a step further unless I'm wrong I didn't see not one video from Holloway or a men's bball player encouraging people to donate towards the program or even the practice facility for Giving Day. If they can't take a few seconds to express the need for help how can you expect people to donate?

It sucks NIL is something he has to deal with but if he wants more money he has to be more aggressive and interact with the fan base and get some money. He has to be better in that regard. The definition of insanity is repeating the same things and expecting different results. He was ill prepared for NIL this whole year, what is he dong different this time around?
100% agreed. Great post

Everyone involved over the last few years is responsible for what is happenkng with the program trajectory. This includes Administration, Sha and yes KW.

Sha and the admin need to look themselves in the mirror and communicate to boost fan morale and hopefully lead to support.

Don’t tell me there are players in the portal that we couldn’t have got with the money we had. Sha showed up with a $20 bill for a down payment on a Ferrari. 0 reason to be chasing after a guy like Westry knowing you have limited resources. To be honest it’s a completely unacceptable performance

You mean Felt’s monthly newsletter isn’t doing it for you?

How do you know what the administration's doing? Are you tracking their hours? Logging their calls? Counting their meetings with potential donors?

You call them clueless, but I bet they know a heck of a lot more than you.
Lol. I'll take that bet. I called it months and months ago that our athletic administration was going to be in over their heads with this NIL nonsense.

Reactions: thehall07

I thought the average fan can’t donate to Hall Ball. Isn’t it exclusive to larger donors. And that is the one the University is supporting. So I don’t know how much he could even promote or enourgae fans to donate to Hall Hands on Deck as a university employee. Nor do I know if he’s making calls to the larger donors. The whole thing seems to be a mess and done ass backwards.

I thought the average fan can’t donate to Hall Ball. Isn’t it exclusive to larger donors. And that is the one the University is supporting. So I don’t know how much he could even promote or enourgae fans to donate to Hall Hands on Deck as a university employee. Nor do I know if he’s making calls to the larger donors. The whole thing seems to be a mess and done ass backwards.
The average fan is now able to donate to Hall Ball. It coincided with the time that HHOD went live that Hall Ball all of a sudden decided that it was acceptable to allow anybody to donate.

I admit that I was disappointed with Sha's lack of involvement with "increasing " interest in the latest Fund drive. To his credit , KW was very involved with matching Fund offers and, admittedly, I was motivated to contribute. The " secret double probation "of the current program is so obviously counter-productive.

Reactions: thehall07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT