ADVERTISEMENT

Call it the Pitino Effect

Would be so sweet to shut him up and bounce them. They had a good win over Creighton the rest of this run? 3 wins over Georgetown/DePaul one at Butler, who collapsed.

We’re better than them. Let’s show it yet again.

Who do the UConn fans + casual basketball fans root for? Have to imagine the UConn people will be rooting against pitino

Who do the UConn fans + casual basketball fans root for? Have to imagine the UConn people will be rooting against pitino
I anticipate it will be a raucous crowd, not sure who the uconn fans are rooting for/who they would rather face in the semis. Paging CL82...

Reactions: Gohall129
It's not the Pitino effect, it's St. John's being better rated by the computers and on their home floor.
A bit of both. I believe SJU will be the more desperate team. Our worse fear would be to lose and they pick SJU over us. I like many others believe we are safe , but you never know. I believe if SJU wins it will be because they have more depth and not because of efficiency.

I can't gauge Seton Hall for this game. We do know Sha's teams elevate in Tournament play and they have had extra time to prepare. Addae-Wusu and Richmond's perimeter shooting looked better. That's significant.

Very excited for the game and Happy Big East Tournament Day everyone!!

It's funny how media were saying 2 days ago the conference tourney games really don't make a difference, but then now bubble popping, St. John's and blah blah blah. Pitino slammed his players and St. John's itself, and just hope to seal him up. Just keep winning, Pirates!!!

First time attending in 10 years for a good ol fashioned Big East border rivalry game! Go Hall and enjoy your time everyone!!!
🏀☠️💙

What % of people in the BE offices do you think are hoping for a St John’s win over SHU to set up a Pitino - Hurley semi final. I would venture to guess 100%. Just another reason to hope we beat them.

What % of people in the BE offices do you think are hoping for a St John’s win over SHU to set up a Pitino - Hurley semi final. I would venture to guess 100%. Just another reason to hope we beat them.
Semi is on fox broadcast network 530 on a friday night half the country is working....do you think a pitino appearance is good for an extra 100k viewers?

Just as I originally suspected, line adjusts as -3.5 St Johns offshore (BetOnline). -6.5 seemed too good to be true. Action network now showing this game as N/A.

Semi is on fox broadcast network 530 on a friday night half the country is working....do you think a pitino appearance is good for an extra 100k viewers?
Give me a break. A Pitino - Hurley match up is what the BE administrators and FOX are drooling over. The media hype, publicity and attention focused on that game will be significantly more than SHU- UCONN. And more than half the country where most of the people live will have a 6 or 7 o’clock start.

Reactions: Piratz
Give me a break. A Pitino - Hurley match up is what the BE administrators and FOX are drooling over. The media hype, publicity and attention focused on that game will be significantly more than SHU- UCONN. And more than half the country where most of the people live will have a 6 or 7 o’clock start.
You mean two former pirate point guards facing each other is chump change?

First semifinal (UConn vs. SH/SJU) tips at 5:30 EDT on Friday.

Your right. Off to PA we go
There are other avenues you can go to as well, lol. And any decent ML odds I'm wagering a good sum on our Pirates. Uconn and maybe a firing-on-all cylinders-healthy Marquette aside (and of course Depaul/Gtown), I think much of the other BE games are match-up oriented. We don't match up well with certain teams, but I think we matchup very well with SJU. Whereas I think they match up well with teams like Creighton, Nova, Butler, Providence.

First semifinal (UConn vs. SH/SJU) tips at 5:30 EDT on Friday.
I stand corrected. Guess they wanted to make sure the 2nd game starts during prime time. But that still doesn’t diminish the hype of Pitino and Hurley. Let’s eliminate the Pitino factor!

Hall is the better Team--nuff said --getting any points is a Gift-
Soriano does not want to bang with Beddy; Dingle fears Wusu; Ledlum v Davis ? I may be forgettig some of the Other Hall match-up mismatches ?? :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT