ADVERTISEMENT

Dashawn Davis

Last Sunday I posted that Chris Fischer of 247/sports had Davis going to SJU , today he has him going to SH. Again it’s a 247 prediction so take it for what it’s worth.

2019 Dashawn Davis Is Destined To Blow Up
07/07/2017, 5:45pm CDT
By Leo Jorge (@LeoJorgeABB)

Dashawn Davis, a 6'3 G from the Bronx, is destined to breakout sooner or later.

Dashawn_Davis_Picture_3_large.jpg

There are always a few underclassmen that breakout later than most in their High School career. Dashawn Davis, a 6’3 2019 Combo Guard from the Bronx, NY will more than likely be a late breakout player. Davis a very athletic guard that is tough as nails. He’s a fantastic scorer that sees most of his success from beating his man off the dribble and finishing around the rim. Dashawn also has the ability to create for his teammates & is a solid defender. Although he needs to work on becoming more of a consistent shooter, he can also knock down shots in a hurry when he’s hot.

After making the mature decision to leave the Bronx in order to focus more on and off the court, Dashawn attended Positive Day School in North Carolina. However, now that he’s more developed, Davis is planning to find a school he can call home & put himself on a bigger stage. Putnam Science Academy, South Kent & Our Saviour Lutheran are all top contenders for where he’ll attend school next year.

We first noticed Dashawn in a very impressive homecoming game against Our Saviour Lutheran in the Bronx (see video below). Davis told MADEHoops.com, “The game in OSL felt like a home game to me, I just wanted to show everybody that I am one of the best guards from NYC, if not the best.”

As of now, for the upcoming July live period, Davis will play in the Georgia Peach Invitational with the New York Lightning and the Adidas Summer Championships in Vegas with the New York WizKids. In the short amount of time that Dashawn has been back, Sam Houston State, Colgate University & Manhattan College have all expressed interest. With a near 3.5 GPA & great basketball ability, expect that list to significantly grow in the near future. Keep an eye out for Dashawn Davis from the Bronx, New York!

https://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/811425

No, info is on the Trove as well as in other places. IMO best case scenario.

No, info is on the Trove as well as in other places. IMO best case scenario.

Dan , you're certainly more informed then I am but I can't understand why you think this is the best case scenario. I would say he didn't announce and pushed it back because he's waiting to see what happens at another school before he makes his decision but I'm the novice you're the expert on matters of this type so I'll remain optimistic.

That's one way to look at it but certainly not how I see it.

My exacts thoughts here are best left unsaid.

Dan , you're certainly more informed then I am but I can't understand why you think this is the best case scenario. I would say he didn't announce and pushed it back because he's waiting to see what happens at another school before he makes his decision but I'm the novice you're the expert on matters of this type so I'll remain optimistic.
I’m with Dan in that this sounds more positive for SH. If Davis wanted to go to ODU, he would have committed. He wants to play locally at the higher level but there are still a lot of possibilities and variables that need to be worked out to satisfy all parties.

Oftentimes there is a hierarchy of recruits at a given position and the lower rated player has to wait for higher regarded players to make their decisions first so they aren’t recruited over and so things becomes clearer with the schools involved. No need for anyone to rush the situation.

Reactions: LBP43
Amazing that we are doing this again. Hope it works out. Glad to hear that he likes us enough to not accept the ODU commitment yet.

Bird in the hand is worth two top 50's in the bush.

I think we all know that we are going to have more than one scholarship available next year, so hopefully he will stick around if we sign someone in place of him in the early signing period. If he were to get hurt, we better do the right thing and give him a free scholarship for school.

Amazing that we are doing this again. Hope it works out. Glad to hear that he likes us enough to not accept the ODU commitment yet.

Bird in the hand is worth two top 50's in the bush.

I think we all know that we are going to have more than one scholarship available next year, so hopefully he will stick around if we sign someone in place of him in the early signing period. If he were to get hurt, we better do the right thing and give him a free scholarship for school.

Let’s hope we handle this right and end up with a commit and not wind up looking like a bride left at the altar without anyone committing to us.

Let’s hope we handle this right and end up with a commit and not wind up looking like a bride left at the altar without anyone committing to us.

Staffs have to prioritize recruits and that is what Seton Hall and St. John's are doing here.

Reactions: LBP43
We all understand that schools prioritize their recruiting targets but when you have a player on your list that is ready to commit but you have a higher rated target you are waiting for to make his decision you only wait , IMO , if you have a high degree of probability that that higher rated player will commit to you.

So sick of what recruiting has turned into in the last 5-10 years. We should just take the kids that actually want to play for us instead of waiting it out for studs who often times just use us as leverage.

Last edited:
Reactions: deheremike
The kids and the people around them all know how to get the most out of picking what school to commit to and it’s been going on for a long time , and with just a few exceptions, there have been no consequences from taking impermissible benefits , including cash and everybody turned a blind eye to it including the NCAA .

So sick of what recruiting has turned into in the last 5-10 years. We should just take the kids that actually want to play for us (Davis) instead of waiting it out for studs who often times just use us as leverage.

Seton Hall is not Davis’ first choice.

So sick of what recruiting has turned into in the last 5-10 years. We should just take the kids that actually want to play for us instead of waiting it out for studs who often times just use us as leverage.

That’s been going on since the beginning of time.

Plus, if you know how to play the game, it works in regular admissions for regular students as well.

How did that work out with Jordan Walker?

Seton Hall is not Davis’ first choice.

There are times when it comes to SH recruiting , especially at the guard position, I feel like I’m living in some bizzarro world . Here I thought we were his first choice but we’re waiting on someone we rate higher to make his decision before we accept his commit.

Reactions: deheremike
There are times when it comes to SH recruiting , especially at the guard position, I feel like I’m living in some bizzarro world . Here I thought we were his first choice but we’re waiting on someone we rate higher to make his decision before we accept his commit.

As someone who is not a member of the Trove, this was my thought as well

huh?.. 3 straight tournament appearances after going the previous 20 seasons with only 3 appearances.

We've got 3 top 100 players with a 4th on a sit-out year. But yeah recruiting is so much worse in these past 5 years compared to the late 90s early 00s.

imo, aim for 50-175.. if you miss out so what use the transfer or juco market.

every college deals with the balance between trying for top talent and 'settling' for lower prized prospects.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT