ADVERTISEMENT

Dashawn Davis

And a few years back we were never in contenton for either of the Knights (Brandin and Brevin) even though their dad Mel had starred for us in the late 60's.
We had caver and Hurley already when Bevin was available and no one thought Brandon was a BE player. I remember people saying Pitt was crazy to waste a ship on him. So while we didn't go after them, and they turned out to be terrific, we had solid reasons.

Reactions: Halldan1
And a few years back we were never in contenton for either of the Knights (Brandin and Brevin) even though their dad Mel had starred for us in the late 60's.

According to their mom, who WORKED AT THE UNIVERSITY, PJ was not interested in Brandin, so he went elsewhere, and then Brevin followed suit.

According to their mom, who WORKED AT THE UNIVERSITY, PJ was not interested in Brandin, so he went elsewhere, and then Brevin followed suit.

Correct but for the typos--flip the player names.

PJ at that time was interested in big defensive guards.

Last edited:
We had caver and Hurley already when Bevin was available and no one thought Brandon was a BE player. I remember people saying Pitt was crazy to waste a ship on him. So while we didn't go after them, and they turned out to be terrific, we had solid reasons.
Actually I was just trying for a laugh on the heels of the post about losing a 'bishop' and needing a 'pawn' with my mention of the two 'Knights'.

Yet another attempt at humor that went to pot. My wife would be rolling her eyes.

Actually I was just trying for a laugh on the heels of the post about losing a 'bishop' and needing a 'pawn' with my mention of the two 'Knights'.

Yet another attempt at humor that went to pot. My wife would be rolling her eyes.
I appreciated the joke, lol.

Right handed version of Carrington ....I really hope he is ours.

I would sign up for a call of him and Scott in a second.

Actually, Brevin was the older brother and wanted to go to the Hall. PJ had Hurley and Caver so he was set at PG. Brevin goes to Stanford and becomes an All-American and was way better than Caver and Hurley.

Brandin goes to Pitt and has a good career there. But I would have still taken the Seton Hall guards who I believe were Shaheen and Andre Barrett.

A few folks on the site are worrying about our seeming failure to recruit a top quality PG-I respectfully submit that Anthony Nelson may be just that
And, to boot, he and pal Jared Rhoden may be pivotal in the recruitment of DeShawn D, thus adding depth and stability to the future backcourt

In retrospect if you had to give a high school rating to IW, Delgado, Desi, Carrington and Ish based on their college play, what would it be?

IW 5
Delgado 5
Desi 4+
Carrington 4+ or a 4
Ish 3+

In retrospect if you had to give a high school rating to IW, Delgado, Desi, Carrington and Ish based on their college play, what would it be?

IW 5
Delgado 5
Desi 4+
Carrington 4+ or a 4
Ish 3+

I'd go:

IW 5
Delgado 5- (defense and ft shooting hurt)
Desi 4+
Carrington 4+ (intangibles help)
Ish 4 (defense helps, multiple suspensions hurt)

IMO everything is shaping up for the below to happen...
Dawes- Prov
Davis- SHU
Etienne- Some place in the south

Reactions: shupat08
yeah I saw that but I have also hear Maryland has an inside track. We will see, up until a month and half ago I thought he would be the guy we get. I really like his game and think he will explode in college.
Crystal ball is trending toward VCU for Etienne.

Reactions: hallstorm
is this # of stars?

No, Konchalski rating.

4 - (Mid Major) Major contributor by sophomore season for the middle of the road major college.

5- (Big time) Major contributor by sophomore season for the average nationally ranked team

Adding a + or - to each level increases or reduces the rating slightly.

Well Cale was in Delaware so doubtful he graded him. Guessing only possible 5- was Powell but since he was out of shape and injured his final year of HS, he was probably a 4+ by the Konch rating system.

Well Cale was in Delaware so doubtful he graded him. Guessing only possible 5- was Powell but since he was out of shape and injured his final year of HS, he was probably a 4+ by the Konch rating system.

I couldn’t think of any either except for Powell being the only potential five by Konchalski although he is clearly a five. In the five recruiting cycles since the 2014 class the only players who could potentially earn a five would be the two transfers in Thompson and Ikey and then Powell and Cale. Just shows how good the 14 class was and how highly regarded and rated classes can pay off big time.

Delaware is certainly in his footprint but I’ve never seen his grade. Powell was a 4+.

Is there a description available for his rating system? Like what is a 5, 4+, etc. I’ve never seen him rate anyone lower than a 4. Like what are the parameters for each rating?

Is there a description available for his rating system? Like what is a 5, 4+, etc. I’ve never seen him rate anyone lower than a 4. Like what are the parameters for each rating?

No, Konchalski rating.

4 - (Mid Major) Major contributor by sophomore season for the middle of the road major college.

5- (Big time) Major contributor by sophomore season for the average nationally ranked team

Adding a + or - to each level increases or reduces the rating slightly.

St. Johns going all in on Dawes now has to be good news for us on the Davis front.

Chris Fischer of 247 sports is predicting Davis to SJU but consider the source when trying to evaluate how solid the prediction is .

Right after that prediction, Dain Ervin of 247 predicted Dashawn Davis to Seton Hall.

Reactions: LBP43
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT