ADVERTISEMENT

Duval Official Visit

PKT_SP13

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016
Will be tomorrow. I know that we aren't playing tomorrow but it's a HUGE day for the program.

Let's keep the good vibes rolling.

Reactions: NittanyPirate
Aren't officials for 2 days? Starts Wednesday and ends Thursday?

obviously awesome... getting the last official visit from #1 pg in country.

sort of weird timing, with it being in season but not on a game day and right before BET, but the buzz about the team is probably at the highest it's been all season. so that's good.

Reactions: SHUMA04
I think its a great time for the visit. Hopefully he gets a nice behind the scenes view of the media attention (they usually film fun spots with the team for Fox), team prepping for the BE tourney, and the excitement of a big win at MSG tomorrow night...

I had this dream that having realized he'd become a legend at SHU, play with a talented veteran team (which includes his best friend), get consistent coverage in the NY Post, NBA scouts at every game (all of which are nationally televised), the support of UA and Fox and the opportunity to own the Garden for three days next March, that Trevon Duval would make his announcement tomorrow at MSG.

Makes sense for Duval. Surrounded by 4 seniors who have been to back to back NCAA tournaments. Glaring hole at the point. Last year's point guard now the best-playing rookie point in the NBA - the NBA now knows that Seton Hall can develop point guards. Under Armour. Close to home.

This isn't a leap of faith the likes of which Kyle Anderson was ultimately unwilling to make - this would be an objectively sound decision for Duval. Hope he comes.

obviously awesome... getting the last official visit from #1 pg in country.

sort of weird timing, with it being in season but not on a game day and right before BET, but the buzz about the team is probably at the highest it's been all season. so that's good.
Just thank the Lord he didn't come for our Georgetown game. Late arriving crowd and to be fair one that the staff was not happy with.

This isn't a leap of faith the likes of which Kyle Anderson was ultimately unwilling to make - this would be an objectively sound decision for Duval. Hope he comes.

This isn't a leap of faith the likes of which Kyle Anderson was ultimately unwilling to make. That was far more 'other things' that factored into his choice. He was for all intents and purposes forced to go to UCLA.

Dan, would you say we have a 50-50 chance to get him. Higher, lower?

Dan, would you say we have a 50-50 chance to get him. Higher, lower?
My fear is Duke. That's one tough team to beat.

Hard to put a percentage on it but I do know the staff feels that have a solid shot.

Reactions: shupat08
I just don't see Frank Jackson leaving Duke, if he stays then Duval won't be playing 30+ minutes at the PG.

My fear is Duke. That's one tough team to beat.

Hard to put a percentage on it but I do know the staff feels that have a solid shot.

It's great to even have a shot here with the core we (should) have back next season. If Miles Powell can convince him to sign after that Butler shot, I'm fine with just retiring his number after one season.

Just thank the Lord he didn't come for our Georgetown game. Late arriving crowd and to be fair one that the staff was not happy with.

Dan - I was appalled at the crowd at about 6:15, but especially with the lack of students. Nonetheless, it ended up being a decent crowd. In fairness, a 6:30 tip is early for many people, and to have it on senior day was unfortunate.

Seton Hall usually has to end its season on the road because the circus would take over the building in early March every year..... But with the circus going out of business, maybe that will change going forward.

Seton Hall usually has to end its season on the road because the circus would take over the building in early March every year..... But with the circus going out of business, maybe that will change going forward.
This is the same at Madison Square Garden...oh wait, nope...that's just the Knicks.

Reactions: SHUMikechine
Great Tweet!!!

Seton Hall BC‏@SHBoosterClub
Seton Hall BC tweeted

I can see it now. @DatGuy_Trey breaks his defenders ankles, drives and dishes a behind the back pass to @Killem_Myles for the reverse layup.

Seton Hall BC added,

MC@Killem_Myles
1f608.png
1f608.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Why was the staff unhappy with the Georgetown crowd? By midway in the first quarter there was probably one of our bigger crowds.

I had not seen any highlights or game film before - WOW! Very quick, great vision and although a limited sample - it appears like he has a nice outside shot. The only thing better than getting him would be beating out Duke!

The players originally came out to a near empty arena and were embarrassed for the seniors who were graduating.

Also, through no faults of their own the student section was nowhere close to filled and that's not something you want a recruit to see. Especially coming off the NC/Duke game.

Great Tweet!!!

I actually think that the best guy on the wing to receive passes from him on a fast break might be Cale. Powell would be on the other wing for a 3-pointer.

I think that might have been the best highlight clip I've ever seen of a high school player.

The players originally came out to a near empty arena and were embarrassed for the seniors who were graduating.

Also, through no faults of their own the student section was nowhere close to filled and that's not something you want a recruit to see. Especially coming off the NC/Duke game.

Next year we should do the senior ceremony after the game. A lot of other programs do this, including Creighton and Butler in our own league.

I really dislike those who make excuses for missing games as I go to every one. Even if you're late, at least go to the freaking game. That said, I arrived to last week's Georgetown game only about 10 minutes before tip off. Getting in to Newark at that time was a disaster. Total gridlock coming from 78 to Broad Street. It moved better as I got more uptown but I then encountered more gridlock due to a double parked van on a side street. Typical Newark, anything goes!

Anyway, I can't blame the fans who didn't get there early enough for the ceremony. Unless you work in or right around the Newark area, it's tough to leave work on time, drive to Newark, find a parking spot, walk to the arena and be in the door by 6-6:10pm. That half hour change in start time from 7pm to 6:30pm doesn't seem like much but it makes a world of difference (not in a good way) in NJ rush hour traffic.

I'm telling you he would be big east freshman of the year, first team all conference, possible national freshman of the year, possible all American. He's better than Kyrie Irving was at this level

Next year we should do the senior ceremony after the game. A lot of other programs do this, including Creighton and Butler in our own league.

During yesterdays Big East Teleconference I asked Chris Holtmann about that since Butler does it. His answer will appear on the Trove tonight.

If the Duval decision disappoints us, I am gonna blame hallsoccer03 and Artie for my disappointment. These two guys are very credible posters, and their optimism has gotten me hooked on our chances.

Reactions: shupat08 and shu09
If the Duval decision disappoints us, I am gonna blame hallsoccer03 and Artie for my disappointment. These two guys are very credible posters, and their optimism has gotten me hooked on our chances.
Not going to say I know anything. I know people in Delaware and they have told me that Cale is without a doubt top 50 player. I've been optimistic about Duval since early last Summer even when rumors were to the contrary. From what I've heard him and his dad are different from other top recruits, they just don't think the Duke atmosphere will sway him. But Kyrie Irving could, that more than anything scares me. I still remain confident UA is a big factor. But remember I was also told Briscoe was leaning to SHU which very well could have been true at one point but obviously it was a lot of smoke blown up my butt

Reactions: Piratz and shupat08
Obviously, Duval can probably start over just about anyone next year, but he's mentioned roster makeup will play a factor.

I've posted this before.. but as an update.
Duke.. Fjackson playing better but expected to stay (projected #20 next year). Kennard and Allen projected pick #20 and #39 in 2017. Also add 5 star SG. Frank Jackson alone staying might be enough to keep Duval away from Duke.

Arizona-pg Simmons projected to go in 2nd round (does he stay another year?) Alkins and Trier projected to go in 2nd next year. pg Cartwright will be a senior.

Kansas-could have a backcourt of Malik Newman, Graham (projected 2nd round), Mykiulak (projected 2nd rounder next year).

Baylor-RS junior pg Lecomte

SHU-No one.

Reactions: HallB
That mix tape is unreal. If Delgado comes back and we sign Duval, they will have to open up the upper section. Dunkin' Desi will have some competition.

After Senior Day after the game is a terrible idea. I understand more teams are doing this because they are scared kids are playing emotion, but most people leave as soon as the game ends. It also ends a tradition, & did it help Butler?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT