ADVERTISEMENT

Duval Official Visit

After Senior Day after the game is a terrible idea. I understand more teams are doing this because they are scared kids are playing emotion, but most people leave as soon as the game ends. It also ends a tradition, & did it help Butler?

People would stay for this.

Did it help Butler? Really??? You think that had any effect on the game?? I guess it helped them when they beat Marquette by 20 on last year's senior day!!

People would stay for this.

Did it help Butler? Really??? You think that had any effect on the game?? I guess it helped them when they beat Marquette by 20 on last year's senior day!!

I say just plan it accordingly.

6:30 weeknight start? Do it after.

8:30 weeknight start? Do it before.

And then whatever makes sense for the weekend game depending on the day and start time.

I blame the school for the lack of students at the Georgetown game. The Career Center scheduled the school's "main" career fair for that night. Obviously the juniors and seniors spent their time looking for jobs rather than going to a basketball game. Cant blame them for that.
There is no main scheduling coordinator at Seton Hall.
We need someone who tries to prevent conflicts between major athletic, academic, board meeting and other events.

Not an enviable job even if it existed; there are just a lot of moving parts as the University has its own schedules, as do each of the major and minor schools within the University. That doesn't even take into account Greek Life, the SAB, or who knows whatever other student driven programs there are.

At the same time, we are in fact a basketball school. Our name and reputation is as much driven by the basketball program as it is by anything else. Outside of religious affairs and ceremonies, there should be simple standing orders that there can't be any major events during basketball games. It's literally a 3-4 window once a week for a few months out of the year - I don't think it's too much to ask.

I really dislike those who make excuses for missing games as I go to every one. Even if you're late, at least go to the freaking game. That said, I arrived to last week's Georgetown game only about 10 minutes before tip off. Getting in to Newark at that time was a disaster. Total gridlock coming from 78 to Broad Street. It moved better as I got more uptown but I then encountered more gridlock due to a double parked van on a side street. Typical Newark, anything goes!

Anyway, I can't blame the fans who didn't get there early enough for the ceremony. Unless you work in or right around the Newark area, it's tough to leave work on time, drive to Newark, find a parking spot, walk to the arena and be in the door by 6-6:10pm. That half hour change in start time from 7pm to 6:30pm doesn't seem like much but it makes a world of difference (not in a good way) in NJ rush hour traffic.

We need to enlarge the fan base. We basically rely on the same people to come to all the games.

Reactions: Section112
We need to enlarge the fan base. We basically rely on the same people to come to all the games.

Valid point. The same people go to all of the games. I think everyone that does so is entirely in their right to miss a game or two and it shouldn't have an adverse impact on what goes on.

Semi-related, I will chip in that the 6:30 games in Newark are ridiculous, I don't see how anyone can defend that. My office is 10 miles away, I bolted at 5pm and still walked in there with only 8 minutes until tip-off.

Reactions: shu09

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but wow!

Oh, why did I watch that.......WOW is right. If he comes here next year, Angel stays.....don't tell me we are not a title contender.....with the experienced group we have coming back.....start 4 Seniors, and 1 All American, NBA-in-waiting Freshman in name only, PG......with a solid bench.......the excitement level next year would be off the charts......

Yeah.....shouldn't have watched......lol

Reactions: Bluebeard
Obviously, Duval can probably start over just about anyone next year, but he's mentioned roster makeup will play a factor.

I've posted this before.. but as an update.
Duke.. Fjackson playing better but expected to stay (projected #20 next year). Kennard and Allen projected pick #20 and #39 in 2017. Also add 5 star SG. Frank Jackson alone staying might be enough to keep Duval away from Duke.

Arizona-pg Simmons projected to go in 2nd round (does he stay another year?) Alkins and Trier projected to go in 2nd next year. pg Cartwright will be a senior.

Kansas-could have a backcourt of Malik Newman, Graham (projected 2nd round), Mykiulak (projected 2nd rounder next year).

Baylor-RS junior pg Lecomte

SHU-No one.

No one at PG, but start 4 Seniors along side him....a rare event in college BB today, and experience is a big advantage, especially when that experience is as talented as our 4 guys are...

No one at PG, but start 4 Seniors along side him....a rare event in college BB today, and experience is a big advantage, especially when that experience is as talented as our 4 guys are...
It's that kind of potential lineup where it's great to have a guy like Ish who does all the little things and doesn't need the ball in his hands...

FWIW, and yes I know you always hear this but the Duval visit is going great. Angel and Myles doing first rate work.

Dan how does this all work with the Big East tournament going on? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's against the rules to bring a recruit to the game

Seems to be a high character down to earth kid for all the attention hes getting. Would love to see this guy suit it up next year in Pirate Blue. There would be no ceiling with this kid running the point next year.

From everything I hear, the guys on this team are all genuinely great kids.. and from seeing twitter and social media posts - they seem like a tight knit group and have a ton of fun (not sure if anyone say Kadeen's posts of Eron sleeping on the bus, or Desi's dance clips...). They seem like an awesome group of guys - a team that I hope Trevon:
a) has a blast spending 2 days in New York City with
b) would love to go to battles with as brothers on the court

Although Duke and Kansas have better histories.. isn't it partly about playing with teammates you like and have a connection with?

I hope NYC can compete with the post-game bonfire they had on campus at Duke...

Oh, why did I watch that.......WOW is right. If he comes here next year, Angel stays.....don't tell me we are not a title contender.....with the experienced group we have coming back.....start 4 Seniors, and 1 All American, NBA-in-waiting Freshman in name only, PG......with a solid bench.......the excitement level next year would be off the charts......

Yeah.....shouldn't have watched......lol
But he's wearing a Rutgers sweatshirt!!

I watched a clip of Duval like three years ago when he was a freshman in high school. Then, I thought this kid was a stud and joked about him coming to the Hall. I pray that dreams do come true. WOW.

Not to state the obvious, but man... I wish he would shock the world and sign this week!

I am confident he is having a tremendous visit and likes us - but I worry that once he leaves and gets back to the real world... the outside forces / advisors / media may lead him elsewhere (i.e.- to Duke). Hopefully his pal Myles will stay in his ear to keep us top of mind...

Not to state the obvious, but man... I wish he would shock the world and sign this week!

I am confident he is having a tremendous visit and likes us - but I worry that once he leaves and gets back to the real world... the outside forces / advisors / media may lead him elsewhere (i.e.- to Duke). Hopefully his pal Myles will stay in his ear to keep us top of mind...

Can't sign till April but if he were to verbal sooner it could be a factor in attracting another high quality player with what would be the last ship in the 2017 class.

Good choice for the last ship and the domino effect of a player of Duval's talent committing could lead to us adding another piece for next year and beyond that.

What s not to love about this kid. He has the moves, the attitude, the willingness to share the ball. Seems like a great kid. I can see him and Desi hooked up for some sick alley oops! The sky's the limit. Tre come to the Hall, have a blast and win!

Reactions: shu2x79
Really glad the team played well and put on a good showing in front of Duval... Come to The Hall Trevon, you can be the piece that makes 2017-2018 a really special season for The Hall...

I was watching at work (with volume off) so couldn't tell for sure but hope the atmosphere was electric.

Hall fans were great! Really loud. Lets go Pirates chant at the end sounded awesome on TV.

That was a good showcase for Duval. Not sure if his visit extends to the Nova game.

Bigger key for next year is Angel staying IMO. I still don't think Duvall comes but I've been wrong before, like Kyle Anderson who I thought was a lock.

That was a good showcase for Duval. Not sure if his visit extends to the Nova game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT