ADVERTISEMENT

Fall and Diop on official now at SHU

I find it interesting that Sha will have their attention for 3 days, I'm sure he's putting on a full court press and hope that he is able to get through to these two. Would Fall and Diop spend 3 days in South Orange if they were locked into Arkansas?

Perhaps Ndaiye will turn out to be the most valuable player we've ever recruited.

🙏 🙏 🙏

Wonder if the family is pushing in a certain direction. Sometimes you get the strong-willed mama who thinks her kid will do best in a small school under guy like Shaheen. That's what I'm telling myself at least. Lol. Money will come later. Go where the personality fits the best.

Most think we're running second to Arkansas. Let's follow these two players and change that.

They would be enormous gets.
Halidan 1 could not be more correct -either or both would be a major coup --so we can hope. And this is from a Guy that is not a big believer in Freshman recruits :cool:

I find it interesting that Sha will have their attention for 3 days, I'm sure he's putting on a full court press and hope that he is able to get through to these two. Would Fall and Diop spend 3 days in South Orange if they were locked into Arkansas?

Perhaps Ndaiye will turn out to be the most valuable player we've ever recruited.

🙏 🙏 🙏
The largest Senegalese communities in the U.S. are in NYC (Harlem), NJ and Chicago. Who knows if this is important, but it's an angle that Arkansas is lacking:)

Arkansas is lacking
The largest Senegalese communities in the U.S. are in NYC (Harlem), NJ and Chicago. Who knows if this is important, but it's an angle that Arkansas is lacking:)
"Arkansas is lacking" might be one of the nicest things one can say about Arkansas. Lol.

They can choose: The Sopranos and Taylor Ham, Egg and cheese. Or
Ozark and possum pie.

Fayetteville is not like the rest of Arkansas, it is a very, very nice town
Never been, but heard that too. And Arkansas sports is king and I mean king there. Basketball even more than football which is rare for an SEC school, although the football program seems on the ascent.

..that and being 30 mins from New York City I would think.
The NYC thing as a “draw”, in and of itself, never works one iota here unless you have a kid from the other side of the bridge/tunnel whose parents/advisors want him far enough away from the neighborhood (and thus no SJU) but close enough. Like Sanders apparently.

Playing time, Sha generally, and them taking an unconventional approach (to be the “man” or “men” in a smaller pond) is hopefully the play here.

Unfortunately Arkansas is not lacking in what they can pay their players. Walmart fully supports Arkansas NIL.
If I were Senegalese, or of any African descent, I would pause a bit before relocating to Arkansas.

Not sure how far Harrison is from the school, but it is considered historically to be one of the most racist towns in America and just in 15 miles north of Harrison is where the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan claims its headquarters. I’m sure tons of progress has been made, and continues, but still…

Over the years, Harrison, AK, it has attracted a subgroup of people sympathetic to the Klan and its views.

Good luck getting a plate of Thiebou Yapp in Fayetteville….

Curious recruitment to be here three days and Ndiaye on the roster.

The NYC thing as a “draw”, in and of itself, never works one iota here unless you have a kid from the other side of the bridge/tunnel whose parents/advisors want him far enough away from the neighborhood (and thus no SJU) but close enough. Like Sanders apparently.

Playing time, Sha generally, and them taking an unconventional approach (to be the “man” or “men” in a smaller pond) is hopefully the play here.
It did have somewhat of an impact with with Mamu if I recall. Didn’t he have family in NYC?

It did have somewhat of an impact with with Mamu if I recall. Didn’t he have family in NYC?
Honestly, I don't recall the specifics of his recruitment. But either way we are talking about a different type of prospect. If these kids have family in NY, perhaps that helps. That could help with any kid, theoretically. But I think the other poster was emphasizing our proximity to NYC, generally, as a potential draw. That's what I was referencing.

If I were Senegalese, or of any African descent, I would pause a bit before relocating to Arkansas.

Not sure how far Harrison is from the school, but it is considered historically to be one of the most racist towns in America and just in 15 miles north of Harrison is where the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan claims its headquarters. I’m sure tons of progress has been made, and continues, but still…

Over the years, Harrison, AK, it has attracted a subgroup of people sympathetic to the Klan and its views.
I've never heard of the Harrison, AK stuff. But it certainly didn't stop Nolan Richardson, Mike Anderson and now Musselman from luring all types of talented African American basketball players.

Never been, but heard that too. And Arkansas sports is king and I mean king there. Basketball even more than football which is rare for an SEC school, although the football program seems on the ascent.
I can’t speak to how it is now but when I was there (late 90s) it certainly seemed football was the top buzz

My sense --which I dearly hope is wrong-- is that the visit is merely a courtesy. And that the Ndaiye angle will prove to be like Myles Powell's closeness with Duvall....nice but not enough to close the deal. I really hope we are all knocked over with a huge surprise, though.
The thing that doesn't make sense to me, why do a courtesy visit that lasts 3 days? If these guys are in the bag for Arkansas, wasting 3 days of Sha's time is discourteous. I don't know if we have a chance with these guys, something about a 3 day visit makes me a little hopeful.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me, why do a courtesy visit that lasts 3 days? If these guys are in the bag for Arkansas, wasting 3 days of Sha's time is discourteous. I don't know if we have a chance with these guys, something about a 3 day visit makes me a little hopeful.
NIL “pitch(es)”?

Agree...You are not playing pick-up games and hanging in the dorms for three days. Would love to see the agenda for the visit. Even Sha will run out of motivational things to say in three days!

Last edited:
Reactions: walshtrips
Part of advising these young men is making sure they look at all their options. They may or may not be in the bag for Arkansas, but the fact they’re here gives us a chance. Whether it comes down to NIL or feeling a connection with the school/staff is up to what the player wants and up to the coaching staff to convince them what they want is right here at SHU.

While I think that we’re a long shot to land these players you have to compliment Sha and his staff for getting them in for a two day official visit. We’ve been given a shot to convince them to come to SH and no matter the result it was still the right thing to do and not a wasted effort.

Last edited:

Agreed. We think nyc is the epicenter of the country but its really not

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT