ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Butler

Up 33-28 under 8 minutes. Two threes by Sanders really helps. We keep the lead and allow 3 starters to rest. Must close out on these Butler threes.

Reactions: Section112
I like our demeanor offensively. We seem to be in rythem taking good shots. Have to defend better and not fall in love with the three.

Reactions: Gritty5837
jsut cant seem to pull away after getting turnovers and stops. any other game wed be up by at least 10.

some hollow possessions lately thank god for the tv timeout. so far this looks like a game shu should win. they are the better team.

Up 38-34 under 4 minutes. Playing at a very high level. Bench already produced 8 points. Richmond just needs to pick up his focus one notch on offense to finish these scoring attempts.

Really great play on the road. Do we still have zero turnovers? We did when I stopped away briefly to make coffee

we are the better team. butler is out toughing us and out scrappying us. its whats keeping this from ballooning. give them credit for that.

ugh. all we had to do was milk the clock and pass the ball. go in the half up 8. the way its going theyll hit a 3 and well go in half up 5 after a butler 6-0 run.

ugh. all we had to do was milk the clock and pass the ball. go in the half up 8. the way its going theyll hit a 3 and well go in half up 5 after a butler 6-0 run.
i think sha was thinking the same thing calling that timeout right after butler. enormous stop. i actually think bediako has been decent today. going in up 8 is massive. take that 100% of the time.

did not see this game being a shootout.

Up 45-37 at the half. Excellent offense in that half. Can't ask for more across the board. One thing they did do was to take some of the juice out of the crowd and that was going to be challenging. Now they have to elevate their defense a tad.

Adjustments will be made, interested to see how this plays out. They can pack it in on K Rich but I dont think they have a physical type player that can guard him, maybe Posh ?

Bediako picked it up on both ends the last five minutes. Excellent contribution from the bench.

Very workman like half. D is improving and patient offensively except for one shot. Gotta beat them again in the second half. It’s there for the taking.

Both teams shooting 50% from 3 in the first half. Weird half. I think a tighter second half with some more misses from 3 bodes well for us

That’s up 8 with Dawes playing pretty poorly. That fast break fumbled drive turnaround step back one on four 3 was, uh… bad.

Let’s see some good Dawes this half and put them away.

Reactions: TomD82
I want some of whatever they had for breakfast. The offensive pace first half tough to sustain...... looking for a more typical SHU 2nd half. My prediction of game in 60's is not looking good.

That’s up 8 with Dawes playing pretty poorly. That fast break fumbled drive turnaround step back one on four 3 was, uh… bad.

Let’s see some good Dawes this half and put them away.
Before that play I started to type that I was happy to see Dawes leaning into his midrange game after some early misses from 3.. I deleted it immediately after witnessing that sequence

Reactions: TomWall
Probably our best offensive half all year. I think we have to be ready for Matta to try and press us and force turnovers because they're not stopping us right now in the half court. 39 turnovers in 2 games and only 1 this half. Very good job by our guys.

Reactions: SHU Advisory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT