ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

I have been a Willard supporter..... but watching this was brutal. The players were like wooden soldiers... I feel bad for them that they ended the season like this.... but there was ZERO emotion out there. What can Willard possibly say at the post game..... and what about the players... will they even show up for the post game interview?
Wooden soldiers is what you get when you have NO offensive gameplan. Even down 20, watching us dribble, dribble, dribble and our wings like said wooden soldiers in each corner.....I had to laugh. And this guy makes $3M per year? Any donor that wants to keep funding his salary, well bless your heart as we say here in the South.

Reactions: SHUSA
Anyone want to hear the postgame??
Tough to find. Pirates app not working. Frustrating as usual with that. Total fanatic that I am went out to the car to catch the end of it. Grant…good guy but said we got a tough draw again 🤭 Question came up by Cohen about Willard and other opportunities and Shaheen’s win last night…will the coach still be here…interesting.

Feels like a change is in the air.

Reactions: SHUSA
Let me save you time. “They just came out ready to play. We didn’t hit shots. Credit them for playing good D. We didn’t do a good enough job getting them ready. Disappointing but I love these guys “

how did I do?
you forgot "Khadary is still banged up....." otherwise maybe you should make the $3M.

Willard in the interview clip on page 9- “If I am not here next year, It would make me happy if Shaheen is here.” Take out the first if and Willard finally sees eye to eye with the fans.

The post game is up on youtube..... Willard seemed extremely nervous. Jared and Myles did as well as could be expected. Willard claaimed that he did not know who his agent was talking to and would find out himself tomorrow when he talks to him. I find that hard to believe. He had the look of a man who would rather be any other place than on that podium.

Tough to find. Pirates app not working. Frustrating as usual with that. Total fanatic that I am went out to the car to catch the end of it. Grant…good guy but said we got a tough draw again 🤭 Question came up by Cohen about Willard and other opportunities and Shaheen’s win last night…will the coach still be here…interesting.

Seton Hall starts at 25:12.

Simple baseline cut destroyed us all game.
That does sum it up in one sentence and is spot on. And that is part of the low BB IQ the team plays with that posters have been saying here. And it is part of the laziness, lack of attention, nonchalant approach or whatever you want to call it that I have posted about how this teams plays defense and rebounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: shupat08 and SHUSA
KW can't put the ball in the basket for these guys after the opening tip. It is on the players to make the shots.

This was a reality check for all of you folks who when they were 9-1 said they belonged in the top 10 and were a final 4 team. Well the joke is on you. I said at the time they did not belong in the top 25.

This was a good team but had way too many flaws. The flaws were pointed out time and again and are readily seen in the team stats. KW did a good job getting this bunch to get play mostly well and get to better than .500 in the BE and make the tourney.

It was a good season all in all. Not a great one but this team lived up to its potential. KW did a good job with the players he had. That is why he has lots of job offers.

I would like to see him stay and rebuild, and maybe rebuild better for next year.

Tough draw?? What nonsense!

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
That does sum it up in one sentence and is spot on. And that is part of the low BB IQ the team plays with that posters have been saying here. And it is part of the laziness, lack of attention, nonchalant approach or whatever you want to call it that I have posted about how this teams plays defense and rebounds.

Yupp. So infuriating. This is basic stuff. don't get beat back door. Play basic and solid help defense. A basic practice of shell defense in practive will stop these 95 percent of the time.

And, it is completely unacceptable to do against TCU as they can't shoot at all. If this was Notre Dame or a team that rains from three that is different. But this wasnt that team at all.

KW can't put the ball in the basket for these guys after the opening tip. It is on the players to make the shots.

This was a reality check for all of you folks who when they were 9-1 said they belonged in the top 10 and were a final 4 team. Well the joke is on you. I said at the time they did not belong in the top 25.

This was a good team but had way too many flaws. The flaws were pointed out time and again and are readily seen in the team stats. KW did a good job getting this bunch to get play mostly well and get to better than .500 in the BE and make the tourney.

It was a good season all in all. Not a great one but this team lived up to its potential. KW did a good job with the players he had. That is why he has lots of job offers.

I would like to see him stay and rebuild, and maybe rebuild better for next year.

Sorry. Could not disagree more. Oldest team in the NCAA. Rhoden first team all big east. More 4 star players than I can remember on the roster. More experienced than every other team we have played.

Really think this was his worst job honestly.

The 4 star players were cobbled together as a team. Which 4 star players performed like they were 4 star players? I can't think of anyone other than Aiken and he was at best a 10 minute a game player because he had a track record of if he played too much he would get injured. And he did 2 years in a row.

Rhoden probably did not deserve the first team as his play was very erratic all year and he was not a player that could take over a game. He is a good player but NOT a great player.

The 4 star players were cobbled together as a team. Which 4 star players performed like they were 4 star players? I can't think of anyone other than Aiken and he was at best a 10 minute a game player because he had a track record of if he played too much he would get injured. And he did 2 years in a row.

Rhoden probably did not deserve the first team as his play was very erratic all year and he was not a player that could take over a game. He is a good player but NOT a great player.

They are always cobbled together though. He picked them. If you think they all didn't perform up to their expectations then that is on the coach. One is an anomaly and two is the beginning of a trend.

The other issue is that we did very little to play to players strengths. Rhoden is an ISO player, so it's cool if he does that.

Jamir Harris and Myles Cale are not Iso Players and to allow them to continue to go one on one is as poor coaching as I can remember.

Clearly someone didn’t watch the game. You’re correct in saying that Willard can’t put the ball in the basket for them but guess what. He is supposed to run some kind of competent offense that create open looks for his players. Not 4 guys standing around watching 1 guy throw up a contested shot. Minimal ball movement. Even less player movement off the ball. No cuts to the basket no nothing. Shooting a low percentage is a result of the lack of offense creating open shots, and that is 100% on Willard and that through the years has always been his issue. His teams are generally good defensively. Occasionally they have stretches where they shoot the ball well but without and alpha shot creator who can get his own shot. IW, Powell, Carrington he doesn’t do anything to create offense standing and clapping isn’t going to do anything

Clearly someone didn’t watch the game. You’re correct in saying that Willard can’t put the ball in the basket for them but guess what. He is supposed to run some kind of competent offense that create open looks for his players. Not 4 guys standing around watching 1 guy throw up a contested shot. Minimal ball movement. Even less player movement off the ball. No cuts to the basket no nothing. Shooting a low percentage is a result of the lack of offense creating open shots, and that is 100% on Willard and that through the years has always been his issue. His teams are generally good defensively. Occasionally they have stretches where they shoot the ball well but without and alpha shot creator who can get his own shot. IW, Powell, Carrington he doesn’t do anything to create offense standing and clapping isn’t going to do anything
100% This is how it is and how it has always been. Fans of most teams would be shocked to see their season end the way ours did yesterday. I was in no way, because I've seen it multiple times before. And the reason is the above.

And that is on the coaches to correct. That is their purpose.

Reactions: shupat08
That.

Um Uconn lost to a 12 seed. Did Hurley all of a sudden become a bad coach? No. KW gave the players the plays etc. and they did not execute at all. It is on them not the coach. They were outplayed NOT out coached.

• Haha
Um Uconn lost to a 12 seed. Did Hurley all of a sudden become a bad coach? No. KW gave the players the plays etc. and they did not execute at all. It is on them not the coach. They were outplayed NOT out coached.
respectively and vehemently disagree. Willard was out coached in ever facet of the game. To prep, game planning, adjustments. He was thoroughly out coached

Seton Hall was out-prepared, out-coached, out-hustled, and out-executed in every facet of this game. What were you even watching?

respectively and vehemently disagree. Willard was out coached in ever facet of the game. To prep, game planning, adjustments. He was thoroughly out coached
I guess Shaka and Danny were out coached too then since they lost! So we have a lot of bad coaches in the BE! Only 3 good coaches!

I guess Shaka and Danny were out coached too then since they lost! So we have a lot of bad coaches in the BE! Only 3 good coaches!
They very well may have been out-coached. They are not bad coaches. Neither is Willard. Logical fallacies don’t make for sound arguments and reasoning.

They very well may have been out-coached. They are not bad coaches. Neither is Willard. Logical fallacies don’t make for sound arguments and reasoning.
One of my very good friends is UConn alum and donor. He was not happy with Hurley. I actually think Hurley coached a good game. Had the right idea. Keep the Aggies out of the paint and off the offensive glass. They shoot 32% from 3 for the season and shot it 11/17 on Thursday. So unfortunate in that aspect. But I wouldn’t say he was out coached the way Willard was taken behind the woodshed like Old Yeller last night.

Reactions: TomD82 and TomWall
One of my very good friends is UConn alum and donor. He was not happy with Hurley. I actually think Hurley coached a good game. Had the right idea. Keep the Aggies out of the paint and off the offensive glass. They shoot 32% from 3 for the season and shot it 11/17 on Thursday. So unfortunate in that aspect. But I wouldn’t say he was out coached the way Willard was taken behind the woodshed like Old Yeller last night.
...or Ned Beatty 😮...louder!🐷

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT