ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

how many willard simps will be left if its true the team got wind hes leaving amd nuked their chances. hes enemy #1 right now.

Team looks checked out. This feels like the end of an era here, which i’m at peace with. I believe SHU, Willard & Sha all benefit if Willard takes the Maryland job.
screw willard. he would be taking a job befroe the biggest game of his players lives and put up this horrific embarassment. hope he rots

And this is why people have said him not denying it is a problem. When it's brought up time and time and time again and your coach not once says he isn't going or not interested it's only a matter of time before kids connect the dots...
How embarrassing.
i just think it’s beat for both parties to separate. Like a marriage that’s run it’s course.

Don’t know that Sha is the answer…but I’d LOVE him over what I’m seeing now. This is puke worthy.

did any mid major or lower, have a poorer showing than us? Even if close…. That’s an embarrassment.
And tonight was an embarrassment.
Like the UConn game.
So…apparently either they don’t care (which I believe) or the coach can’t motivate them.
Boom!

How embarrassing.
i just think it’s beat for both parties to separate. Like a marriage that’s run it’s course.

Don’t know that Sha is the answer…but I’d LOVE him over what I’m seeing now. This is puke worthy.

did any mid major or lower, have a poorer showing than us? Even if close…. That’s an embarrassment.
And tonight was an embarrassment.
Like the UConn game.
So…apparently either they don’t care (which I believe) or the coach can’t motivate them.
Boom!
Willard has been on record saying its not his job to motive team 🚩🚩

Reactions: shupat08
I think aside from Harris and Cale to a lesser degree the rest of them looked like they regressed 5 years in one night. Brutal and a complete lack of focus. Awful, awful defense and basketball IQ tonight. The nervousness was alarming. Feel bad for some of them. The Big Stage of both MSG and playing in an NCAA game overwhelmed them.

OK.....I waited and waited. Fire this bum now. I'm not buying the he's leaving reason for the performance. These are mostly seniors so most are not here next year anyway. Willard is so over his head.

Reactions: PirateFan94
I'm just laughing at this point. An embarrassing, gutless performance by every single member of this program. Feel bad for the fans who flew 5-6 hours to see this garbage.
I applaud any fan who had the time and the means to travel to that game. Must have been brutal to be there tonight. This wasn't a 1 seed that was so uber-talented they just ambushed us. This was a decent TCU squad that half the teams (if not more) in the NIT can play with or beat on a given night.

That was brutal.

We need better guards who can create for themselves or an offense that can get players open for good shots. We have neither.

Where did the defense go in 2nd half?

What did seton hall see when creating the scouting report?

Poor shooting team …you pack it in, you have Ike on your team …you play zone and let him stay in paint. 2 fouls in 2nd half…you bench them till half.

So disappointed in this performance after the UConn game.

Total failure all the way around from players to coaches. No fight, no grit, so disappointing.

That was brutal.

We need better guards who can create for themselves or an offense that can get players open for good shots.

Where did the defense go in 2nd half.

What did seton hall see when creating the scouting report?

Poor shooting team …you pack it in, you have Ike on your team …you play zone and let him stay in paint. 2 fouls in 2nd half…you bench them till half.

So disappointed in this performance after the UConn game.

Total failure all the way around from players to coaches. No fight, no grit, so disappointing.

We have one who we decided to redshirt.

Reactions: TomWall
I have been a Willard supporter..... but watching this was brutal. The players were like wooden soldiers... I feel bad for them that they ended the season like this.... but there was ZERO emotion out there. What can Willard possibly say at the post game..... and what about the players... will they even show up for the post game interview?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT