ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

I will worry about this later because that was a great road win. The fact that none of the bench contributed scoring-wise after a long break is concerning. Richmond looked gas at times tonight. I'm praying to Mother Seton that Tubek can shake off the rust and provide some burn for this team.

Two top 25 wins where both opponents lost their best player.
We were leading by a larger margin in this game when Hopkins got hurt than we ended up winning by, and were up double digits on UConn when Clingan went down.

Why don’t you just head on back over to Rutgers board. You’ll probably feel more at home with all the Hall haters there.

Not (another) knock on Dawes, but he is not good when pressed/doubled, and you knew on the inbounds that was going to happen. I know Shah wanted him at the line with his 90% FT number, but it almost cost us the game.
Good point. I do think he was fouled before Providence knocked it out of bounds. A player has a right to a certain cylinder in order to move. Dawes cylinder was obviously encroached.

None of the bench scored. We made a bunch of bad plays. We shot like shit. We played in a tough arena enen when the floor is dry. They went ahead on some tough threes and tge gym went crazy

We won. We played far from the best we can play. And we gutted it out. Thank you dylan.

Hope hopkins is ok.

Even snaketom didnt have us winning our two BE wins. Win the ones we should and who knows.

Totally off topic, but I’ve never seen a box score where 1 player (Kadary) had all of his teams assists (6). Can’t be right, everything else was 1 on 1 baskets?

Reactions: HallGuy23 and LBP43
OMG Hopkins screaming on the floor in pain. That is super scary -- hope he's ok :(
This was the biggest moment of the game and honestly it will really hurt Providence’s season if he’s out an extended period. He’s one of the best players in the league hands down and they have no replacement for what he does in that 4 spot. Without Hopkins, their roster isn’t all that different than ours.

Reactions: PMB Pirate
Just imagine how good we could be with a real center. Bediako is decent, but if he goes out with fouls, we are in TROUBLE.
There are a lot of things we need. A bench for starters. I haven’t checked the box but watching most of the game, did our bench even score a point? And if not has that ever happened before?

Reactions: PMB Pirate
This was the biggest moment of the game and honestly it will really hurt Providence’s season if he’s out an extended period. He’s one of the best players in the league hands down and they have no replacement for what he does in that 4 spot. Without Hopkins, their roster isn’t all that different than ours.
The odd thing about it is that it came on the break following the ill-advised 3 attempt from Dawes. Providence in hindsight would take a made Dawes 3 and 11 point deficit rather than the actual result of the sequence.

Reactions: dehere23
I remember reading in the Lindys pre season magazine scouting report that if anything seton hall will not be a fun team to play against. Man isn't that appropriate.

Nice win. You have to think these quality wins will matter to the selection committee. I was mostly watching the UConn women's game but looked in from time to time.

Richmond doing Richmond things: 16pts, 8 rebounds, 6 assists. Is he the best transfer in Seton history?

Reactions: Hall84
True, but both UConn and Providence were both having a tough time even with their star players before the injuries occurred.
It mattered more tonight than the Uconn game IMO. But regardless it still shows up the same in the win column. We’ve been fortunate with injuries this year, but no one would cry for us if that changed.

Reactions: radecicco
It mattered more tonight than the Uconn game IMO. But regardless it still shows up the same in the win column. We’ve been fortunate with injuries this year, but no one would cry for us if that changed.
We were short handed, but all credit to Seton. You guys just bullied us. Looking forward to the rematch at our place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT