ADVERTISEMENT

Guys.....Seton Hall really needs your help

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Hard as it is to believe we are about 3000 seats short of a sellout this Saturday.

The game is going to be on national TV (FOX) and we are playing one of the best non conference games at the Rock as we have in quite some time.

The school is coming off a championship in California backed by the great recruiting news we have gotten in the last two day, yet ticket sales are still lagging.

Seton Hall is doing everything possible to get the word out, but I am asking our readers to help do the same.

I know most of our members will be at the game, but maybe you can bring someone with you or pass the word on to others to attend.

The Pirates want to showcase their program on FOX Saturday by staging a Blue Out. That won't happen with 3000 empty seats.

I am going to email a ton of my friends asking them to come. I hope many of you will follow suit.

Time for us to step up and continue the momentum that began 3000 miles away last week.

Are they hiding the tickets somewhere? Ticketmaster shows ~1000 tickets remaining. Unless they aren't releasing certain tickets until other areas are sold there aren't 3k tickets left.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Yeah there are. Don't know the selling strategy.

I'll get more info.

Agree!....still need help!!! but I think attendance will be GOOD by Saturday...every one loves a winner.

Woah, that ain’t good. That’s really surprising. This is a Saturday afternoon and one of the biggest names in college basketball. There are really no excuses for this.

We might have jumped the gun with the “blue out” if ticket sales weren’t strong. Not a good look to host a blue-out/white-out/black-out/etc. event in a stadium that’s 1/3rd empty. It will look like amateur hour.

I’d be curious how the pre-sale numbers (~7k) compare to previous sellouts 3 days prior to game day. Is it similar? Is it realistic to expect 3k additional sales by Saturday? I have no idea.

In the past I feel like marquee games sold out well in advance.

Last edited:
My suggestion is to do a flash sale for those $40 seats, make them $20

I'm not sure why more SHU fans haven't bought tickets yet.

Big name team coming in Saturday
Agreed, it’s bizarre. This isn’t the old BigEast where you are guaranteed multiple home games against top 10 programs every season. I can’t for the life of me understand how this game isn’t sold out already. It’s freaking Louisville!

Wait how can you have 7800 for StLouis, I’m assuming without a big walk up and only 7000 to Louisville? Plus you would think Louisville would have some representation although they just played in Brooklyn. Something is off someplace??

We have a small fan base to begin with but maybe the St. Louis disaster and the Nebraska blowout killed interest?

My suggestion is that the school open sales to high school students for $5.00 each. That will fill the stands quickly.

There was not 7,800 in the building for SLU and I thought the crowd was a little disappointing for a Sat. night game although the student section was good that game.

Only thing I can think of is that the NJ HS state championship games are this weekend and the 12:00 noon start. Those things can keep the parents and kids attendance down. There are plenty of tickets on Stubhub too.

I expect 9,000 for the game. I have no idea why the school would not release all tickets. FWIW, there is no such thing as a sellout at Prudential.

The most important thing (beyond actual sellouts) is TV image. If the people who purchase the mid-court seats don't come (they never do; who are these people?), we've got to come up with a way to get asses in those seats. People who buy those seats thinking they are helping out the school aren't doing us any favors when they stay home.

Are they hiding the tickets somewhere? Ticketmaster shows ~1000 tickets remaining. Unless they aren't releasing certain tickets until other areas are sold there aren't 3k tickets left.
Answer from the school....

Not all of the seats that are available will show up on Ticketmaster. We have to hold some for student overflow, but release should we not need them all. Same with the tickets Louisville can return 48 hours out and unused group tickets. Should we not need them we will release them.

Wait how can you have 7800 for StLouis, I’m assuming without a big walk up and only 7000 to Louisville? Plus you would think Louisville would have some representation although they just played in Brooklyn. Something is off someplace??
Don't forget they have the 3 game mini plan which includes the Louisville game. Something seems off is right.

Answer from the school....

Not all of the seats that are available will show up on Ticketmaster. We have to hold some for student overflow, but release should we not need them all. Same with the tickets Louisville can return 48 hours out and unused group tickets. Should we not need them we will release them.

Also, the center section on each side never shows up on Ticketmaster

As I have mentioned in other post this is a really bad look for the program. Probably the last time Fox gives us this opportunity for a while.
Fox cant pull inventory in season but next season different story

so its just a lounge that has tvs and such. and it seems like they might not have it during shu games? wondering if it has to do with the fact its betting on ametuers?
Huh? Dude betting is legal anywhere within the state on your phone. Just download the FanDuel sports book and youre in business. On your couch, at work, or at the bar/lounge inside The Rock. You can bet on any non-jersey collegiate team or any pro game.

Part of the legislation was that it excludes nj colleges. So under no circumstances can you bet on shu, Rutgers, etc.

Last edited:
For as good as we've been we rarely sell out. 2, 3 sellouts out of 14, 15 games is nothing. There are 2 aspects of this I will never understand.

1. How about lowering the prices to a point where supply and demand meet. Maybe overall we're maximizing revenue, but being short 3,000 butts in seats for a nationally televised game is not a good look.

2. The average fan isn't interested.....so give the tickets to the local Catholic schools. Get young kids interested. Maybe they'll convince their parents to go to another game. Just be smart enough to lower the cost of pretzels so the parents agree to take them.

Fox (not FS1) has aired prior home Saturday December home games against Wichita State and VCU..... they aren’t going to be turned off by the attendance. In fact, they’d probably rather have 1,000 stay home and watch on TV.

Giving tickets away is not an option.

Think the blue out was planned well in advance since it’s on the tickets.

Huh? Dude betting is legal anywhere within the state on your phone. Just download the FanDuel sports book and youre in business. On your couch, at work, or at the bar/lounge inside The Rock. You can bet on any non-jersey collegiate team or any pro game.

Part of the legislation was that it excludes nj colleges. So under no circumstances can you bet on shu, Rutgers, etc.
yes i know, i dont care anymore and am just curious. seems like william hill and ceasers both want to have lounges. but those lounges wont be open during shu games. as you said its stupid because there is no reason to be there

yes i know, i dont care anymore and am just curious. seems like william hill and ceasers both want to have lounges. but those lounges wont be open during shu games. as you said its stupid because there is no reason to be there
Gotcha. I guess I just understand the need or desire to go to an actual sports book lounge. Essentially every bar in the state on NJ is a sports book lounge if you own a smart phone. A physical sports book lounge is like an Internet café in my opinion...unnecessary.

Maybe the plain fact is we do not have enough fans to fill the Rock unless visiting fans fill it out.
We’ve all heard every excuse in the book for low attendance season after season, but nobody ever entertains this a possibility. maybe it’s just that we have a small - but passionate - fan base.

There is NOTHING else in Lville at this time. Easy to get 20K. It’s practically low given how few options there are. For us we suffer because we have everything. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT