ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry on Prince Aligbe

Considering how much of an impact Bediako made, I’m excited for Aligbe’s addition.

Seton Hall has a history of “junkyard dog” type players, which I call “lunch pail” players. They are the best IMHO, they’ll dive for loose balls, clean up boards, and play physical.

Of recent times, KC Ndefo, Michael Nzei, and Ish Sanogo come to mind. If Aligbe is half the player of those I mentioned, he’ll be a GREAT addition! Welcome Prince!!!

Considering how much of an impact Bediako made, I’m excited for Aligbe’s addition.

Seton Hall has a history of “junkyard dog” type players, which I call “lunch pail” players. They are the best IMHO, they’ll dive for loose balls, clean up boards, and play physical.

Of recent times, KC Ndefo, Michael Nzei, and Ish Sanogo come to mind. If Aligbe is half the player of those I mentioned, he’ll be a GREAT addition! Welcome Prince!!!
I’ll add Quincy McKnight to your JYD list.

He'll likely replace Dre Davis in the lineup IMO. They have similar athleticism and built..in fact Prince is an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier but like Davis he is a combo forward who likes to post up and score inside and in the mid range but also step out and hit the 3 ball. He can improve his 3 point shot and his overall numbers aren't impressive but remember before Dre Davis got here he averaged 7 points 3 rebs and shot 20% from 3 but turned into one of the best forwards in the Big East. I expect Prince to have a similar jump under Coach Sha. We saw what he did with Bediako as well

I noticed Jerry still has Jaquan Harris on the depth chart. Is this realistic or just hope? Would love to see Jaquan on the court this fall.

He'll likely replace Dre Davis in the lineup IMO. They have similar athleticism and built..in fact Prince is an inch taller and 10 lbs heavier but like Davis he is a combo forward who likes to post up and score inside and in the mid range but also step out and hit the 3 ball. He can improve his 3 point shot and his overall numbers aren't impressive but remember before Dre Davis got here he averaged 7 points 3 rebs and shot 20% from 3 but turned into one of the best forwards in the Big East. I expect Prince to have a similar jump under Coach Sha. We saw what he did with Bediako as well
This would be the upside, see what Sha can do. He was 23rd in DREB%, 22nd in 2PT% in ACC game. His game is in the lane. Seems to be pretty good defensively. He’s only taken 82 3PA in 62 games but also can’t shoot FT’s. If we have Richmond, Coleman, and maybe get Manon with Felton showing something maybe Aligbe doesn’t need to get the ball on the wing and dribble in as much, idk. More conventional PF to me, doesn’t have Davis’ open or crafty offensive skills.

Funny he played his best offensively against good teams with a 104 o-rating against Tier A teams (11 games).

Why does Jerry have Tubek and Prince as bigs and not wings? I really don't see either of them as bigs. They are more like Dre Davis type players in my mind. I would list them as wings. So we have 3 wings and 3 bigs.

Why does Jerry have Tubek and Prince as bigs and not wings? I really don't see either of them as bigs. They are more like Dre Davis type players in my mind. I would list them as wings. So we have 3 wings and 3 bigs.
I don’t see Tubek as a big but I think Aligbe is one.

This would be the upside, see what Sha can do. He was 23rd in DREB%, 22nd in 2PT% in ACC game. His game is in the lane. Seems to be pretty good defensively. He’s only taken 82 3PA in 62 games but also can’t shoot FT’s. If we have Richmond, Coleman, and maybe get Manon with Felton showing something maybe Aligbe doesn’t need to get the ball on the wing and dribble in as much, idk. More conventional PF to me, doesn’t have Davis’ open or crafty offensive skills.

Funny he played his best offensively against good teams with a 104 o-rating against Tier A teams (11 games).
I don't know, but just watching the detailed highlights, seems to me like we plug him into the Dre lane isos and let him go to work. Seems obvious to me why both sides think this is an excellent match. Hopefully, it is a successful plan.

Reactions: SeanieWard
Toubek showed promise in the limited amount of times he got on the court. I think the injuries were a problem for him, but he appears to me to be a guy who could develop to be the next Dre Davis type of player for our team.

At BC (on their roster page) Prince was listed as a guard. So he went from a guard to a big when he comes to SHU? I think not.
He seems like a wing. Whether that’s a shooting guard or small forward, probably depends on the system. Would be ironic to be a shooting guard with his shooting percentages

Dre Davis.......

I think both Aligbe and Tubek should concentrate on being 4’s with an occasional step out, that is where both would maximize their abilities.

This 100% ... Aligbe should try to become a poor man's dre davis

Reactions: dehere23
And lets remember it took Dre 2 years to get to that level. We shouldn't expect this kid to come in and be "2023/24" Dre next year.

Not a bad pickup...nor would the Cornell kid....but we still need to pick up a player or 2 of impact...a major league shooter....a (very) capable big man....

If he cant play the school should just give him an academic free ride at this point, let him graduate and get his degree. From there, if he gets the basketball "itch" and can play....he can always "walk on"
Anybody know what's going on with younger Harris brother? He told me on several occasions he was coming here.
Haven't seen much

Don’t understand the Dre Davis comparisons with Aligbe. Not even close.

Sanogo, KC, Nzei are a way better comp. I think we’ll all be pleasantly surprised by this one. Kid can play. Stats don’t tell the full story
Not in expected performance but in style of play. However, Dre 's junior year was a far cry from his senior year.

Not in expected performance but in style of play. However, Dre 's junior year was a far cry from his senior year.

And Dre was also a wing that couldn't shoot that found success here playing an undersized 4. I haven't seen enough of him to compare them, but the drives to the basket and the fadeaway jumper certainly reminded me of Dre a little bit.

And Dre was also a wing that couldn't shoot that found success here playing an undersized 4. I haven't seen enough of him to compare them, but the drives to the basket and the fadeaway jumper certainly reminded me of Dre a little bit.
I think the Dre Davis comparison is really fair tbh..especially if he can improve his 3 point shot like Dre did when he got here. The talent and athleticism is certainly there. Sha has shown the ability to get the most out of guys who buy in

Reactions: hallwins
I saw a sha comment saying that wusu told him he's coming back. First public thing I've seen regarding returning players. Not official until wusu says it, of course

If he’s Dre’s replacement we’re in deep trouble. Dre was Mr dependable for us. Could shoot, post up, and score when the clock was winding down. Dre was an offensive player, it appears Prince is not and for an already offensively challenged team that wouldn’t be very good…

I saw a sha comment saying that wusu told him he's coming back. First public thing I've seen regarding returning players. Not official until wusu says it, of course
I don't foresee us having much competition when it comes to anyone trying to poach Wusu.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT