ADVERTISEMENT

Juiston

Is there a difference in your mind between hiring a coach to get a player who is a good guy versus hiring a coach (or coaches) who are scum with all kinds of shady (or illegal) nonsense in their past or present, knowing you’ll turn a blind eye to some of that.

This is why I don’t go to the moral high ground when we start talking about the program.

Shouldn’t matter in Juiston’s case but the focus should be on whether he makes sense for the roster not what steps to our coach would take to “actively” manage the roster

I think there is a difference between dealings with men in their 40s and 18-22 year old young men who you most likely promised their parents you would take care of.

I can’t disagree more that the focus should be just if Juiston makes sense for the roster. The program is much greater than the current roster. Why hand opponents a gift to negative recruit. I’m just as concerned about the 2020-2021 roster as this years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_T
I don’t think a 3 or 4 star player, the types of players that we should be recruiting, are going to be impacted by the negative recruiting of a former walk on being recruited over.

I’m not in favor or Shavar being recruited over btw. But there are two other players on our roster That I would be thrilled to see move on to “get more playing time elsewhere” thus opening up a fortuitous roster spot for Juice.

I don’t think a 3 or 4 star player, the types of players that we should be recruiting, are going to be impacted by the negative recruiting of a former walk on being recruited over.

I’m not in favor or Shavar being recruited over btw. But there are two other players on our roster That I would be thrilled to see move on to “get more playing time elsewhere” thus opening up a fortuitous roster spot for Juice.
Something tells me you’re suggesting making a former top 100 player move on. What kind of impact could that have on 4 star players and very good 3 star players.

I don’t see any positive from TT’s perspective that is positive for him transferring. He either sits out a year or plays at a much lower level. Gotta believe with 2 schools already, credits won’t all transfer, which could make a graduate transfer more difficult if that’s what he ultimately chooses. But I think he’s good enough to be here for 2 more seasons if he just focuses on getting better on the defensive end. I also think in 2 years people will be eating crow about Brodie. We should still have Ike but Brodie as a junior will be better than a lot of freshmen big men as it takes most big men more time to develop.

Last edited:
Per his IG story
Q: when are you going to pick a college?
A: getting close honestly, but still undecided
Q: what do you think about Oregon
A:great situation and coaching staff
Q: thoughts on seton hall
A: that’s pretty much home 100
Q: stay at unlv?
A: time for a change of scenery

So btw what is going on with TT's game this off season. Is there a plan to get him where he should be or is he just going to hold down the end of the bench the rest of his time at SHU.
Not so great that no one knows what is going on!!

Reactions: deheremike
Scholarships are generally 1 year renewable. Unless promised as multi-year, they can go away.

If we can get a nice addtion that would shore up our front court, we should should. Lets stop pretending we're some holier than thou location. This is part of the game. If we don't like it, we should petition to leave D1.

There's not much difference between this and recruiting over someone other than optics.

Can we really act so self righteous. we were never a program that would hire a hs coach to get his kid, or an asst to get another. Till we did it, and hallelujah for that. Neither situation is illegal or uncommon. I trust Willard on this one.

Reactions: JGCPA
Scholarships are generally 1 year renewable. Unless promised as multi-year, they can go away.

If we can get a nice addtion that would shore up our front court, we should should. Lets stop pretending we're some holier than thou location. This is part of the game. If we don't like it, we should petition to leave D1.

There's not much difference between this and recruiting over someone other than optics.
Recruiting over is one thing. Telling a kid he cannot complete his degree here is another. We just graduated Mike Nzei. Proof that everyone is not here for basketball only.

MIke Nzei was capable of contributing at a D1 level.

No one is telling him he can't complete his degree.

Remember Shakur and Powell are best friends. Shakur has come a long way from East Side and not being qualified. TT is an issue. He sees himself as a big time player. No ship unless he or Brodie leaves

Remember Shakur and Powell are best friends. Shakur has come a long way from East Side and not being qualified. TT is an issue. He sees himself as a big time player. No ship unless he or Brodie leaves
C'mon guys - its right in front of your face. Why is he waiting for the 6/15 date to announce ....

Now ask yourself when grades come out for the spring semester and see if a light bulb goes off in your head

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT