ADVERTISEMENT

Khalid Lewis

Can we just get it over with & fire this coach already? There couldn't be any less excitement for what he's going to bring to the table this season. Look at the nonsense we're still going through. July transfers, kids that no one has ever heard of, etc. We're going to be terrible and it's all Willard's fault.

I just don't care anymore. I used to love Hall ball to the extreme. The past 5 years have broke my spirit.

You can get away with such shenanigans when you have a good record as a coach. When you are Willard and your record, coaching style, recruiting and program management all suck, moves like this look clown - like. We are now entering the same circus, same clown mode.

No, SOSHU, No... You can get away with such shenanigans when you worked your contract to the point where you are holding your employers (the boosters, ticket holders, etc) hostage. Literally robbing us at gunpoint.

Don't be negative we're an NCAA team with this kid as long as they expand the field to 260 teams for 2015 - 2016 season....fire willard and lyons.

Reactions: shupat08
Don't worry Willard will get beaten out for this kid by Georgian Court or Ocean County College.

This is becoming the norm for SH basketball recruiting and it's not going to change as long as KW is running this program so why get agita over it , it is what it is and there's little we can do about it.

This is becoming the norm for SH basketball recruiting and it's not going to change as long as KW is running this program so why get agita over it , it is what it is and there's little we can do about it.

+1

Bingo. We're 6 years in and still relying on a high percentage of transfers. This is who we are.

It's OK if it works, LOL.

Defensive stopper... who is not going to take shots away from our star players. Sounds low-Risk to me:

"He will never be known as a big scorer. His career high, incidentally, was 18 points against La Salle during his freshman year at Delaware.
But the points he prevents have made him so valuable. The fact that he enjoys his craft makes him an unusual and vital contributor."

http://articles.philly.com/2015-02-...id-lewis-john-giannini-consummate-point-guard

And we still have 0 ships to give out... So?????

1) Another player currently on the roster is leaving
2) Someone was ruled ineligible
3) He's using his 5th year xfer to be a walk on?
4) A courtesy visit to Trenton Catholic.

I believe we should have at least 2 schlorships to give out for the next class. Assumimg we ger this kid he is a Grad Student who has 1 yr. Gordon has 1 yr. So that would be 2 at the moment and lets face it I would think at least one or more playres could leave for different reasons. So at the end of the day it could be we have 3 or 4 to give.

We have no scholarships to give so if you think we have two then that means one of the current or incoming players is gone.

per Rothstein.....first visit is the Hall and he is immediately eligible. Let the speculation begin.
I would be very supportive of recruiting Lewis is this means that the kid from SanDiego, Soffer, is not comming.
Soffer does not appear to fill a need for us.
This Lewis player seems to be able to help us in our very thin backcourt, immediately.

MGA PIRATE maybe im wrong but right at this moment we don't have any schlorships to give if this kid is coming. But what I was saying is I think that for this years HS seniors we would have at least 2 because both Gordon and this kid Lewis are 5th year players so they are here only for this year meaning we can use those 2 schlorships and any other that may come along such as a transfer to bring in players next year. whether 2 3 or 4 depending on the circumstances.

Soffer does not appear to fill a need for us. This Lewis player seems to be able to help us in our very thin backcourt, immediately.

Soffer IS a guard.

And outside shooting is a glaring weakness for Seton Hall (among many other glaring weaknesses).

Outside shooting is indeed a glaring weakness, which means Soffer fills a huge need despite being lightly recruited.

Soffer will not see the floor unless he plays the 3 and we are against s zone. Even then he's not going to play

Heard we are looking at other guards that can play immediately here this season. So there is someone who clearly hasn't qualified or someone else is leaving. Willard just doesn't know how to run a program.

Last edited:
Heard we are looking at other guards that can play immediately here this season. So there is someone who clearly hasn't qualified or someone else is leaving. Willard just doesn't know how to run a program.

2015 PG Kaelon Malone officially visited Seton Hall 2 weeks ago, something is up.

Hopefully not the heart issue with Khadeen that was diagnosed last year. That would be a tough break for him.

SHU = college basketball's comedic relief

Mid July and we're still hosting 2015 players, yet we have a "full" roster.

:confused:

The lack of stability in this program as we begin year 6 of the Willard tenure continues to plague this program. The continued failure to build a roster deep enough to absorb the inevitable injuries and bumps in the road during the season leaves us scrambling to find warm bodies to fill the holes in our roster. In that environment it becomes increasing difficult to have success.

Right now everyone is throwing shit against the wall and hoping it sticks. Let's all calm down and see what comes of this.

Reactions: Seton75
Calz... The fact of the matter is that we have had 2 guards for 2015 on campus for official visits in the past week or two. Lewis and Kaelen Malone... But we have 0 scholarships for this coming season.

Therefore unless the staff is completely wasting their time and the recruits time. Something is up... Someone leaving? Someone not qualified? Someone not allowed into SHU? Health concerns?

Something is up... And if we are throwing shit against the wall hoping that something sticks... What does it look like our staff is doing?

I admit to throwing shit, but thanks calz for making my point. None of us have any idea about what's going on so we just round up the usual suspects,

This is not throwing shit against the wall this is simply posters on this Board reacting to the fact that 2015 eligible players are taking visits to SH when we appear to have no ships available. In that type of situation people are going to speculate on what that means and post their opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT