ADVERTISEMENT

Last on Chris Mullins

Originally posted by Vegas pj:
Don't assume you are in that category just because you posted before my post. So did a others before your initial post. That said, joining in and piling on someone like LFBall doesn't make it right and can associate you with others you might not want to be associated with. Sermon over.
I just found it funny and somewhat ironic, that a post that started out by saying "some of you just don't get it" also incorrectly spelled his name not only in the title but within the post as well. I should have thrown a "LOL" in there so that the tone of my post would have been interpreted a little closer to the way it was intended.

This post was edited on 3/31 10:46 AM by phi_pirates

Listen you can laugh at me all you wish. Heck I often laugh at myself lololol. The bottom line is we all enjoy watching and talking about basketball. Even Chris MullinS and Abdul-Jabar (missing an R). These are just message boards and not doctoral, notice I did not say doctorial lol, dissertations! SHU has some of the best and most knowledgable fans on the Planet Earth. Seriously I feel this way which is why a guy who would never have been accepted to such a fine school such as SHU often reads your boards for intelligent insight. So again I can take a joke, but please do not get personal or go into attack mode, it's not a nice thing to do. Lastly Chris Mullin will bring excitement back to St. Johns in a large way.

This post was edited on 3/31 11:20 AM by LFBall

Originally posted by LFBall:
Listen you can laugh at me all you wish. Heck I often laugh at myself lololol. Te bottom line is we all enjoy watching and talking about basketball. Even Chris MullinS and Abdul-Jabar (missing an R). These are just message boards and not doctoral, notice I did not say doctorial lol, dissertations! SHU has some of the best and most knowledgable fans on the Planet Earth. Seriously I feel this way which is why a guy who would never have been accepted to such a fine school such as SHU often reads your boards for intelligent insight. So again I can take a joke, but please do not get personal or go into attack mode, it's not a nice thing to do. Lastly Chris Mullin will bring excitement back to St. Johns in a large way.
FWIW I wasn't implying I would be laughing at you by adding a "LOL". I mentioned that only because the board is very sensitive these days and that it would help illustrate the tone of my post.

And I agree with you that Mullin will, and already has brought excitement to SJU, at least to the fans that I'm friends with anyways.

Originally posted by Vegas pj:

That said, joining in and piling on someone like LFBall doesn't make it right
Piling on LFBALL is what makes these board fun, LOL!!

(Yup, I'm probably getting a call on this!!!)

SPK we will always be friends even if I my spelling needs improvement. By the way did you see Steve Alford has a $10,000,000 buyout? lol

This post was edited on 3/31 11:34 AM by LFBall

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I cannot thank you enough. Was waiting to run into you to tell you. Loved the songs. In fact its in my car CD player right now. Great Music. My next show has Tavares, Emotions, Billy Paul, Jones Girls, Harold Melvin's Blue Notes, Blue Magic, and Melisa Morgan. But than again only you and I reading this on the board know what I am talking about musically lolol. Thanks so much for that wonderful CD!!!

Nice story on Chris Mullin today in the NY Daily News that takes a look at him through a friend's eyes, Mike O'Reilly. I used to work with Mike and he grew up with Mullin and they later played together on the Xaverian team. Mike went on to play for GW and his son was just named to one of the All-Shore teams from Colts Neck. Good piece, good read.

Daily News Story on Mullin

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I cannot thank you enough. Was waiting to run into you to tell you. Loved the songs. In fact its in my car CD player right now. Great Music. My next show has Tavares, Emotions, Billy Paul, Jones Girls, Harold Melvin's Blue Notes, Blue Magic, and Melisa Morgan. But than again only you and I reading this on the board know what I am talking about musically lolol. Thanks so much for that wonderful CD!!!
I work at WBLS. This show sounds like my life every day. All about Blue Magic. These shows always come around this time of year with Mother's Day creeping up.

lololol there was only one Frankie Crocker. If he was not on your radio your radio was not on. If you did not listen to him you did not eat chicken on Sunday. He was one of a kind!

If someone works at BLS they are part of longterm history. At one time Inner City Broadcasting was it in NYC under the Suttons. And yes those type shows are regular in some cities promoted by Universal Attractions! Mine are totally different (smile)

If someone works at BLS they are part of longterm history. At one time Inner City Broadcasting was it in NYC under the Suttons. And yes those type shows are regular in some cities promoted by Universal Attractions! Mine are totally different (smile)
we (ICBC) went bankrupt and eventually got bought by Emmis Communications. So now I work for them again. ho hum. In the interim we were being run by a mix of financial investors headed by Magic Johnson, so that was kinda cool haha.

Originally posted by Bobbie Solo:

I work at WBLS. This show sounds like my life every day. All about Blue Magic. These shows always come around this time of year with Mother's Day creeping up.
Bobbie,
That's great that you work at BLS. Radio was my first love, and I was a professional DJ ever so briefly after my college radio days ended. I was at a country station in Newton, NJ, in 1987, and started the same week that New York City's country station turned into WFAN. Since I'm a roots-music fan, I didn't mind playing country, which was a lot better then than it is now. My problem was being told which specific records I had to play. I had some "bad habits" from my college radio days, where we were freeform and allowed to pick out or own music. At the country station, it was weird to me playing some of the same records in the last hour of a five-hour shift that I played in the first. I once asked the program director why we didn't play Hank Williams Sr. His response was that "research showed that our listeners didn't like it." But the research was from a firm in Los Angeles, and we were a radio station in New Jersey. I left a short while later and put my journalism degree to use.

About 10 years ago, I returned to radio by doing a three-hour freeform show for an Internet station. It was strictly volunteer, and I did it for about six years before quitting. It was a blast.

Anyhow, it's good that you work at a place with a proud history like BLS. Generally speaking, mainstream radio is the pits. I have a friend down here that works as a DJ for a Classic Rock station, where he must mindlessly play the same 300 records over and over. He hates it, but, alas, it's a paycheck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT