ADVERTISEMENT

Let's get off the fire Willard crap

SHUmash90

Sophomore
Feb 13, 2015
Holy crap. This is getting rediculous. The school with make its decision on what to do and we will either support and get behind it or change the program we root for. Let's stop the nonsense. It's getting awefully hard to stomach coming on this board.

Stay positive, stay proud and let's support the program like true fans.

We don't have a coach or a program to support anymore. Season ticket holder since 1984.

If it is wrong to say Fire Willard, then by those standards it's wrong to say he is coming back or should be back. Both statements are offensive to certain people. And to be honest, just ignoring it doesn't make much sense either.

True Fans, and let's be honest that is all we have left at this point. Any resemblance of a bandwagon was burned years ago. The true fans want a chance to win. Willard doesn't provide that. Fire Willard Now!

Willard must leave now.

The reason is simple: every single day he stays gives more employers time to discover how awful he is. For his own sake, he has to realize that his stock is falling every single day. Any delay on his part will ruin his earning power, if only he has the intelligence to realize it.

No. The threads do not stop.

Just think Masher.... if you had a dollar for the 583 posters who started the "fire Willard threads" + a one time donation of $999,417 you would have the money to buy Willard out!!! Assuming he has the $1 million buyout everyone claims Lyons negotiated in the basement of the rec center, while drinking beers with his blood brother Kevin Willard- who may or may not actually be the son of a member of the SHU board of Regents.

I 've been following the team for 41 years and agree with the OP. If Seton Hall was my alma mater (it's not), I would be embarrassed to think that the school might wind up paying for two men's basketball head coaches at the same time. It's a waste of money. Surely they can find something better to do with a million-plus dollars. Like maybe spend it on faculty and staff salaries? Better yet, why don't they give some of that money to WSOU -- so they can purchase a better record collection?

JimSouls, it is not an either or proposition, which is the biggest barrier to any daylight on this board. Yes, in theory you are right,especially if Kevin Willard was an honorable man from two hundred years ago, realizing that he has completely failed in most aspects of his performance, and out of shame, he would withdraw, preventing the terrible waste that you rightfully contemplate. But he is not that man, and he must get SOME of what he is due by contract. But go he must, or all the things you care about are in jeapardy. Staying is more destructive than leaving. Case closed.

Dear God, it is only one million? One million is nothing in big time college athletics. Jimmy, can't you swing this for us?

if someone is a TRUE FAN then the first thing they would want is for WILLARD to be let go. He or no coach is bigger than the program. he has no recruiting leverage has nothing to offer the school anymore. He is not happy here. Public knowledge. At best he may be able to get some low major big man and then a lot of posters will turn that into how we are changing and we finally got a big man. the entire situation is sad. Give oue players a real coach. He didn't get the job done. IW DESI DEL GADO CARRINGTON ETC. all came here with NCAA expectations. and didn't even get an NIT. Our rivals St. Johns now has been in for 2 years of Lavins tenure. And one year he didn't even coach had cancer. Everyone basketballplayer coach aau coach and even basketball junkies are the country are watching our situation. Penn has already fired and hired a coach. Steve Donahue. Enough of this Willard . His entire situation is bringing this school down . ANd the salary. 1 NIT in 5 years. Comical. Even NJIT for Gods sake is improving in leas and bounds. Had a 51 game losing streak a few years ago and no conference a horrible place to play . Not long ago they were what DIVISION 2 or 3. Now they are building a dam fieldhouse on campus and just won the first game in that CIT TOURNY. Come on SHU do something.

What you're suggesting is censorship just because you disagree with a point of view. You would do well in Iran.

Originally posted by TheBluePirate:
JimSouls, it is not an either or proposition, which is the biggest barrier to any daylight on this board. Yes, in theory you are right,especially if Kevin Willard was an honorable man from two hundred years ago, realizing that he has completely failed in most aspects of his performance, and out of shame, he would withdraw, preventing the terrible waste that you rightfully contemplate. But he is not that man, and he must get SOME of what he is due by contract. But go he must, or all the things you care about are in jeapardy. Staying is more destructive than leaving. Case closed.
Perhaps Willard doesn't see it that way. Maybe he believes it's a young team that will get better now that it has gained some experience. It has happened many times before.

As far as his contract goes, he should get every penny of it should Seton Hall decide to end it prematurely. A deal is a deal. Just ask Scott Boras. Nobody put a gun to anyone at Seton Hall's head and said "Pay Kevin Willard millions of dollars." Is he making too much? Of course he is. All basketball and football coaches at Division I colleges are making too much money. The sports coaches should not be the highest-paid employees on campus. It's horrible that it has come to that. Too much money on sports, not enough spent on education and other activities as there should be.

Originally posted by piratehall:

His entire situation is bringing this school down.

Bringing the school down? If a sports team is bringing the entire school down, then the school must not have a very strong foundation. As for the salary, he gets that whether he's fired or kept. So you might as well keep him.

JimSouls, you forget perhaps that it takes TWO to make a contract and TWO to end a contract. He is not a hapless victim waiting for a payout. He is an actor in the drama, with wishes for a future, but he also delivered an EXECRABLE performance that devalues his future every moment he waits to leave.

These things are fully negotiable

90, here's a suggestion.

Do what I do. Ignore the posts no matter how many. Don't read them.

You act like our Athletic Department has a clue. I believe the average fan knows more.

Originally posted by TheBluePirate:
JimSouls, you forget perhaps that it takes TWO to make a contract and TWO to end a contract. He is not a hapless victim waiting for a payout. He is an actor in the drama, with wishes for a future, but he also delivered an EXECRABLE performance that devalues his future every moment he waits to leave.

These things are fully negotiable
How is it devaluing his future? He has been getting paid to coach basketball for 18 years. Based on the money he's made at Seton Hall alone, he;ll never have to work another day in his life. He'll find something if he wants to. And if he doesn't, he won't starve. I'm sure Orr, Gonzalez, and Blaney are all getting by just fine with the money they've made.

Respectfully, I think you are misreading him, his ambition and his perceived value in the market he wants to compete in.

Dehere as I've mentioned before my ex-wife has all the money and the houses! Now she can afford the buyout! Let's get her onboard!! I've got an F150, and although not living above my parents garage like a lot of posters, I'm living in a guest house in Bedminster! if she doesn't get married fast I'm going to be asking the disenchanted pirate blue guys to donate to me!

Can we take this shit elsewhere... You wanted him fired great, its not happening. But stop making this board impossible to read.

Nope.

FIRE WILLARD!

My daughter learned how to say fire Willard somewhere around the end of the season and now I hear it all the time. Please fire Willard SHU and my daughter will stop saying it. And I can have some peace. Also he is awful, doesn't want to be here, and needs to be fired so we can get this program back on track sooner than later.

I mean this, if that is how you all feel then go to the school and tell someone. Call them, write them, e-mail them, they do not read the board nor do they give a shit what anyone here writes. So doing it here is a waste of every ones time.

I love you man. LOL

This post was edited on 3/18 11:39 AM by Rimas

Originally posted by jcalz88:
I mean this, if that is how you all feel then go to the school and tell someone. Call them, write them, e-mail them, they do not read the board nor do they give a shit what anyone here writes. So doing it here is a waste of every ones time.
id rather read fire willard posts than read jcalz preach from his soapbox. if it's unbearable dont come to the board. complaining about willard is the only thing keeping most of us sane with this program.

30-60 in the Big East.

1-9 in his last 10 games in his 5th year and getting absolutely embarrassed to Marquette in the Big East tourney. Yeah, lets keep him around for another year. NO THANKS!

Originally posted by sami:
Sane???

I guess all things are relative.
LOL, one t1thead, who wanted Pecora here, keeps asking to move into the NEC, three times a day, every day.

If one of these petulant children (not including you, Rimas) would spend all this free time that they appear to have, and draft a letter or petition to the BOR, it would be much more productive -- potentially.

But, nah, they don't got time for that, gonna just keep bumping "Fire Willard" threads to the top of the board. Most of them couldn't string a coherent sentence together, anyway.

Originally posted by hallball95:
id rather read fire willard posts than read jcalz preach from his soapbox. if it's unbearable dont come to the board. complaining about willard is the only thing keeping most of us sane with this program.
If complaining is the only thing keeping you sane, then you may have some issues. I would reach out to someone to talk about that... Only looking out for ya chief!

they do not read the board nor do they give a shit what anyone here writes.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH[/B]

They read it. They dont. The program is effected, it isnt. Were young, were old. Were smart, were dumb.

I mean really. This kind of stuff is amazing. This has just reinforced that the closer someone is to the program the less I want to hear about what they have to say.

Boring.

Ok, enough, we get it, you think Willard is the devil reincarnated...blah blah blah....I used to check in on this site constantly, now, I'm down to a few times a day...probably for the best for my productivity though. So, maybe i should say thank you to the ones CONSTANTLY calling for Willard Lyons Esteban, lunch lady janitor board of regents and everyone else on the SHU campus to be fired due to an average win-loss record of the mens basketball team.

Originally posted by Shuathelete:

They read it. They dont. The program is effected, it isnt. Were young, were old. Were smart, were dumb.

I mean really. This kind of stuff is amazing. This has just reinforced that the closer someone is to the program the less I want to hear about what they have to say.
Im referring to the administration when I say they do not read the bored.

Kevin Willard = Norm Roberts.

Both nice guys. Both guys 30 games under .500 in the Big East. Roberts now an assistant with Self. Willard will surely be an assistant again until Pitino. There is nothing wrong with that.

Time to come to a financial settlement with Willard and go in another direction. If not, save me the nonsense that Seton Hall pretends to be big time basketball anymore.

Originally posted by donnie_baseball:
Originally posted by sami:
Sane???

I guess all things are relative.
LOL, one t1thead, who wanted Pecora here, keeps asking to move into the NEC, three times a day, every day.

If one of these petulant children (not including you, Rimas) would spend all this free time that they appear to have, and draft a letter or petition to the BOR, it would be much more productive -- potentially.

But, nah, they don't got time for that, gonna just keep bumping "Fire Willard" threads to the top of the board. Most of them couldn't string a coherent sentence together, anyway.
I always assumed that they had done that already and are now resorting to posting on a message board that noone with any authority is reading. My only concern is if they are sending emails or letters, what the content might be.

I sent a note to Lyons, he responded the next day, and I could tell he read it by what was in his response (nothing of substance understandably, but a reference to something I mentioned). Took 5 minutes. How much time has been put into starting and posting the same thing on these threads?
This post was edited on 3/18 1:22 PM by phi_pirates

Exactly. Its ass backwards.

Players and Coach shouldnt listen. They do.

Administration should. They dont.

Might be why we've been one of the worst programs over the past 5 years.

Exactly. Its ass backwards.

Players and Coach shouldnt listen. They do.

Administration should. They dont.

Might be why we've been one of the worst programs over the past 5 years.
That is where I disagree with you. No one in any sort of power should really listen to what is said here. Especially those calling the shots. Their is a very select few in the fan base that donate enough to make change, that is who they should listen to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT