ADVERTISEMENT

Live From MSG SHU- UConn Game Thread

10:30 to go. We don’t look good but I’m supporting our guys to the end. Garden is packed with UConn fans. You guys are sitting at home whining. Get your butts out to the game to support our kids.

Raftery saying the Huskies had a defensive breakdown leading to that three-pointer, like they didn't leave Yetna open on purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: TomWall
Ike with the baby hook. Looked pretty good to me. He’s 7 foot 2 for crying out loud. I don’t know why we haven’t been posting him up all year long. We basically play four on five when we’re on offense by design.

10:30 to go. We don’t look good but I’m supporting our guys to the end. Garden is packed with UConn fans. You guys are sitting at home whining. Get your butts out to the game to support our kids.
I’m here too. These UConn fans are a bit much. Our front court players have been a at off.

Reactions: Section112
Shot horribly from the field, putrid from the line, got hammered on the boards and lost a lot of 50/50 balls. Just a tough game overall.

I live 700 miles away so sorry I can’t be there.

Where are all the Willard groupies at tonight? Here we are in March, getting exposed by a real program and a real coach yet again. And we’re supposed to just be satisfied with this because the gonzo years were such a disaster?

Seriously, what is so controversial about wanting to roll the dice and bring in some new blood, even if it means risking a few down years?

There’s a ceiling for seton hall basketball and it’s higher than what Kevin Willard has provided.

wasnt even competitive from the start. not even in the same class as uconn.

Seriously, is Rhoden sick and we just don’t know about it? Don’t understand tonight’s performance.

Tyrese Martin has locked him up all game. That said, we made no effort to adjust and free him up.

Where are all the Willard groupies at tonight? Here we are in March, getting exposed by a real program and a real coach yet again. And we’re supposed to just be satisfied with this because the gonzo years were such a disaster?

Seriously, what is so controversial about wanting to roll the dice and bring in some new blood, even if it means risking a few down years?

There’s a ceiling for seton hall basketball and it’s higher than what Kevin Willard has provided.
Was he exposed by McDermott twice over the past month?

the groupies enjoy getting into the tournament and being bounced the 1st or 2nd game. You can’t go at them with logic, just making the tournament is enough for them

Was he exposed by McDermott twice over the past month?
Whats your point? We beat a fringe tournament team twice? Look what happens when we face a real program. 4 years in and Hurley has a program that’s head and shoulders above.

McDermott will be coaching tomorrow night in case you haven’t noticed. Just like he was coaching in the sweet 16 last year.

Reactions: TomD82 and TomWall
Whats your point? We beat a fringe tournament team twice? Look what happens when we face a real program. 4 years in and Hurley has a program that’s head and shoulders above.

McDermott will be coaching tomorrow night in case you haven’t noticed. Just like he was coaching in the sweet 16 last year.
Which is kind of my point

Just a bad matchup for us. They're more talented, athletic and physical than we are. On to the NCAA Tournament. Maybe we can scratch out a win or two.
and better coached. their defense way better than ours. they only have one guard and willard failed to have anything to take advantage.

Work conflict prevented me from going tonight. Forgot what it’s like to have Uconn back in the league in this tournament. As a Catholic, I imagine one of the phases of hell is sitting in that building tonight for this game surrounded by nine million Uconn fans. Kudos to you guys who made it.

Reactions: SHUS1516
Good game Seton given the fact that you were without Aiken and basically only had Richmond that like 75%. Good luck in the NCAA’s!

Last edited:
That was pretty brutal to watch.. Didn’t think we would win but that was tough to watch. Plus I had over 68 2nd half and it was 67 smh

What a performance by Kadary.

Samuel such a liability out there.
the groupies enjoy getting into the tournament and being bounced the 1st or 2nd game. You can’t go at them with logic, just making the tournament is enough for them
We have to win a game in the NCAAs this year. Throwing in the towel because Aiken got hurt and Richmond is banged up is unacceptable. Hopefully we are off the 8-9 line and we get a good 2nd round match up. Who would not want to play a #2 seed like Houston last year or Kansas this year who SJU played tough and Dayton beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT